Anti-mosque protests on the rise, say Muslim advocates

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#1New Post! Jul 21, 2010 @ 23:36:28
Public protests against three planned mosques have made news in the past week: Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin joined others in opposing the building of a mosque a few blocks from the World Trade Center site. Hundreds demonstrated against a proposed mosque in a small town in Tennessee (pictured above). And some residents of Temecula, California, are opposing the local Muslim community's plan to build a bigger mosque, saying it could become a hotbed of radical Islam.

Anti-Mosque construction protests on the rise.

Should it be built or not. Discuss.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#2New Post! Jul 21, 2010 @ 23:49:22
I think the one they proposed to build near the WTC should at least be relocated, just out of respect. But out of the same respect, no other church should be put there in it's place.

As far as the other locations, that's just sad. Freedom of religion my left foot.
Yes, they'll be super magnets for terrorism. Here's an example:

Quote:
Ahmed visited the site of a mosque in Columbia, Tennessee, that had been burned down and vandalized with painted swastikas in 2008, while researching last year.
Zombie Slayer

#3New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:04:50
@someone_else Said

I think the one they proposed to build near the WTC should at least be relocated, just out of respect. But out of the same respect, no other church should be put there in it's place.

As far as the other locations, that's just sad. Freedom of religion my left foot.
Yes, they'll be super magnets for terrorism. Here's an example:

I don't have a problem with this being built. I understand why people are so upset, though. It's understandable, however, it's unfair to treat all Muslims as terrorist because of a few extremist did. You're right. Nothing should be built there.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#4New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:06:41
@hazuki0chan Said

I don't have a problem with this being built. I understand why people are so upset, though. It's understandable, however, it's unfair to treat all Muslims as terrorist because of a few extremist did. You're right. Nothing should be built there.

I agree, it's not fair to label all Muslims as terrorists. The example I was quoting was an example of terrorism against Muslims. So, yes, in that case, it would bring terrorism...just not the kind they're thinking.
Zombie Slayer

#5New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:11:11
@someone_else Said

I agree, it's not fair to label all Muslims as terrorists. The example I was quoting was an example of terrorism against Muslims. So, yes, in that case, it would bring terrorism...just not the kind they're thinking.

There's a mosque near my house that's falling victim of terrorism from our own "patriots". It's f***ed up, but some people are too blind to see beyond compassion. If anything, a memorial should be built near WTC.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#6New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:12:38
@hazuki0chan Said

There's a mosque near my house that's falling victim of terrorism from our own "patriots". It's f***ed up, but some people are too blind to see beyond compassion. If anything, a memorial should be built near WTC.

That's the thing about terrorism. The terrorists don't see anything wrong with what they're doing.

I thought there already was a memorial at ground zero.
Zombie Slayer

#7New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:14:07
@someone_else Said

That's the thing about terrorism. The terrorists don't see anything wrong with what they're doing.

I thought there already was a memorial at ground zero.

I think there is.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#8New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:18:10
I could see why people wouldn't want a mosque built there, but a church? Christians didn't fly planes into those buildings.
Zombie Slayer

#9New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:20:06
@raditz Said

I could see why people wouldn't want a mosque built there, but a church? Christians didn't fly planes into those buildings.

Extremism is not owned by any religion or nationality, but fascist ideology.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#10New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:21:16
@raditz Said

The only reason I said that is that I can put myself in their shoes. Imagine, you're a peace loving Muslim (yes they do exist) and the government didn't allow you to build your mosque in a certain place just because of your faith, but then they turn right around and let some other religion (don't care which) in that exact spot . It's just like rubbing their face in it and would cause a lot of resentment.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#11New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:21:19
I don't like the idea of the mosque being there. I don't care if they build a mosque, I just think it's highly inappropriate for it to be located there.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#12New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:24:55
@hazuki0chan Said

Extremism is not owned by any religion or nationality, but fascist ideology.

Maybe not, but islam owns the destruction of the WTC buildings and the 3000 deaths.
Zombie Slayer

#13New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:35:37
@raditz Said

Maybe not, but islam owns the destruction of the WTC buildings and the 3000 deaths.

No, the individuals that conducted these actions on that day own their actions, but not the consequences. As a result, all Muslims are to suffer at the wrath of ignorant Americans.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#14New Post! Jul 24, 2010 @ 18:15:08
Muslims are like some other races. As soon as there is enough of them here, they try to bend laws to favor them. The French are trying to ban burkas for obvious reasons. Mexicans that came here illegally want amnesty and all the benefits of citizenship. This B S has to stop somewhere.
Zombie Slayer

#15New Post! Jul 24, 2010 @ 18:16:44
@hoppy Said

Muslims are like some other races. As soon as there is enough of them here, they try to bend laws to favor them. The French are trying to ban burkas for obvious reasons. Mexicans that came here illegally want amnesty and all the benefits of citizenship. This B S has to stop somewhere.

Starting with your bulls***.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs