Software

Anti Virus Software

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#1New Post! Feb 28, 2005 @ 01:16:37
For those who have been attacked by spywares or virus and dont have removers installed or has expired softwares..

Before running any dedicated anti-malware software, you should first run a scan using whatever anti-virus software you have installed. If you're not using any antivirus software, or if your antivirus software has expired and is no longer updating its definitions, there are a few free scanners available. None of these scanners provide real-time protection.

TrendMicro HouseCall - An ActiveX-based virus scanner/cleaner with TrendMicro's complete antivirus database. Highly recommended for those without installed antivirus software. Unfortunately, it may not work if Internet Explorer has been severely damaged by malware.

McAfee Stinger - A small standalone download that finds and removes only the most common current worms and viruses. Fits on a floppy disk, and is almost foolproof.

Viruses are generally more directly dangerous than spyware or adware, since they have no other purpose than to wreak havoc. Adware and spyware require that your PC remain mostly functional in order to make their creators money; viruses have no such limitation, and may delete files or worse. It is strongly recommended that you take care of any viruses or worms before you move on to tackling any other malware problems.
demonman66669 On February 25, 2010

Broadhead, Kentucky
#2New Post! Jun 10, 2005 @ 07:43:27
great advice

but for a permanant antivirus program i would not recommend any free programs because they are just not very good and the two best shareware antivirus programs i know of are zonealarm (i have zonealarm security suite) and nod32 i use both of them i leave zonealarm running most of the time and about once a month i disable it and run nod32 then i reenable zonealarm

to those of you who are running free antivirus programs i will recommend that you try something first run whichever program you are using and fix any and all viruses it finds or that it is able to fix then go download the free trial of zonealarm or nod32 and run one of them i will just about promise you that it will find viruses that your free one didnt or it will fix viruses that your free one couldnt just make sure you update them both before you scan your system or you are just wasting your time after you do this decide for yourself if the little bit of money you are saving using a free antivirus program is worth risking your whole computer being destroyed by a virus

remember everyone that NO antivirus program will catch all viruses (especially free ones) so it is always better to run more then one but you cant run them at the same time they have to be disabled while the other one is running they might not have any problems with each other at the time being but eventually they will f*** one another up and you will have to reinstall them

and then after you get rid of any viruses you can go for the spyware in which freeware programs are ok to use and a few i would recommend are Microsoft's antispyware,Webroots spysweeper,adaware se, and spybot search and destroy there are many more good ones out there but these are the best that i know of i run all of these and a couple more antispyware programs rarely conflict with each other so you can have multiple ones running at the same time but if you are using an old computer or one that doesnt have lots of ram and a fast processor i would be carefull as to how many you run at once because if you run too many then you can cause your comp to slow way down, freeze up, or even crash

so if you follow the advice in these two posts your computer will last a hell of alot longer and will run much faster and all around better with fewer crashes and freeze ups
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs