Anti-Death Penalty But Pro-Abortion?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#46New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 05:00:52
"Life" starts with the cell, so there is no set time when a fetus gains life. If you are discussing when the fetus gains consciousness, well a fetus never gains what is considered as "Human Consciousness" while in the uterus, but it does display life like traits that arise from instinct. It may recognize its mother's voice when it is in the uterus but so do Geese when they are born. So really, there is nothing special about a fetus, it is just like any other animal at birth. It becomes "human" when it grow up.
1r57Lisa On December 31, 2008

Osage City,
#47New Post! Dec 01, 2008 @ 23:31:10
It is perfectly simple to figure out.

Some people think abortion is right because of the population issue. If there wasn't abortion, there would probably be an overpopulation of people. For example, if people didn't hunt geese, deer,insects (ESPECIALLY), etc. There'd be an overpopulation of them. That could happen to us to. Others feel it is definetily the choice of the mother. This is how I feel.

The death penalty on the other hand some think is wrong because sometimes, innocent people are put to death. Flaws, just flaws...

I personally think the death penalty is moral...
xczo On May 16, 2013

Napa,
#48New Post! May 09, 2011 @ 02:09:46
the death penalty is inhumane.

-As the constitution implies, no mans' life belongs to anyone but him. i do not have a right to take someone's life (except in defense of my own life.)
-Its absolutely illogical to say that we are protecting society by killing a mass murderer, rapist, etc. you could easily protect society by imprisoning him/her for life. don't get greedy.
-the death penalty is MORE expensive than life in prison.
-and the whole "there's not enough room in the prisons" thing, is irrelevant. this is a lame excuse for desiring the death of a human.
-get to the root of the problem (the drug abuse, abusive childhood, lack of education, poverty), in order to prevent imprisonment in the first place, instead of just piling more convicts into our prison.
-Have you ever made an impulsive mistake? Did you learn from this mistake? However serious the mistake was, change is POSSIBLE through time.
-even sociopaths, who may never change their mindset, possess the dignity of life. the dignity of life is unconditional, we cannot simply say, "bad boy, no life for you!" They cannot harm anyone by being locked up for the rest of their life.
-the most irrelevant argument i hear is, "being locked up isn't much of a life anyway, lets just kill them." nice try trying to fake like your intentions are to look out for the convict. your desire come sfrom a place of HATE, not love or mercy. again, it is not your right anyway.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#49New Post! May 09, 2011 @ 02:12:24
Oh gosh...
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#50New Post! May 09, 2011 @ 02:13:57
@xczo Said

the death penalty is inhumane.

-As the constitution implies, no mans' life belongs to anyone but him. i do not have a right to take someone's life (except in defense of my own life.)
-Its absolutely illogical to say that we are protecting society by killing a mass murderer, rapist, etc. you could easily protect society by imprisoning him/her for life. don't get greedy.
-the death penalty is MORE expensive than life in prison.
-and the whole "there's not enough room in the prisons" thing, is irrelevant. this is a lame excuse for desiring the death of a human.
-get to the root of the problem (the drug abuse, abusive childhood, lack of education, poverty), in order to prevent imprisonment in the first place, instead of just piling more convicts into our prison.
-Have you ever made an impulsive mistake? Did you learn from this mistake? However serious the mistake was, change is POSSIBLE through time.
-even sociopaths, who may never change their mindset, possess the dignity of life. the dignity of life is unconditional, we cannot simply say, "bad boy, no life for you!" They cannot harm anyone by being locked up for the rest of their life.
-the most irrelevant argument i hear is, "being locked up isn't much of a life anyway, lets just kill them." nice try trying to fake like your intentions are to look out for the convict. your desire come sfrom a place of HATE, not love or mercy. again, it is not your right anyway.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Kudos.
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#51New Post! May 10, 2011 @ 16:22:06
@crazychica Said

For abortion, I'm pro-choice. If a woman really wants an abortion, she'll go to a guy who knows a guy who lives in a backalley which usually results in not just an abortion but the death of the woman.

As fot the death penalty, I'm against that too. It's one thing to kill a guilty man, it's another to kill a man who's guilt was proved "beyond reasonable doubt" according to the evidence available at the time. Evidence aquitting people can show up years later or it could be that a piece of evidence that couldn't be analysed fully has a slightly different story to tell.

I am pro-choice. As for carrying ot the death penalty? Yes?Statistics prove that the courts - not the law make the death penalty so expensive. They do not utilize the state of the art `to deter,ime innocence. some data is below Think!
There were 228 executions (1 per month) between 1976 and
1994. During that time there were 282,648 (1178 per month)
reported victims. Most of the murderers were or are: never
caught, paroled, still serving time and awaiting parole, have
been on death row for over five years,
AND a different story evolves when the data of Justice
applied is reviewed.
There were 1444 murderers executed (120 per month}
between 1930 and 1950. YET NO data was available in State or
Federal files to determine the number of innocent murdered
victims during this period. Not enough to be significant?
noseycow On September 03, 2015
x dippy madam x

\"proud blackcountry wench\",
#52New Post! May 10, 2011 @ 18:05:45
@Scoobiedoolala Said

the death penalty has undoubtedly deterred the murder of many potential innocent victims.
What get's me is that some believe in abortion, but not the death penalty.
The death penalty, imo, saves lives, whereas abortion takes the most innocent.
How could anyone be against the death penalty for putting to death the guilty, but pro abortion, killing innocents?
How?
It is hard to comprehend you can back the killing of unborn children, but not back death those guilty of capital crimes?
It is just amazing.

aww scoob miss her, she was like my mom
xczo On May 16, 2013

Napa,
#53New Post! May 11, 2011 @ 00:53:12
&quot;the death penalty has undoubtedly deterred the murder of many potential innocent victims&quot;

What are you talking about? ever heard of locking them up for life instead of killing them? you get the same effect, as they are not a harm to society anymore.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs