AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#31New Post! Oct 02, 2008 @ 21:21:57
@ShadyFx8 Said
maybe they live by real morality rather then god morality, because under real morality both the death penalty and abortion are ok. not great but ok.

or what if god has exceptions not mentioned in the bible?

My comment was made tongue in cheek. Some people that proclaim to be Christians are very confused about their beliefs to the point of contradicting themselves on a daily basis and on very important issues!!!

One is ok in their minds but the other is taboo while they should, thinking a believing as a CHRISTIAN either both be wrong or right!!!!
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#32New Post! Oct 02, 2008 @ 22:22:48
On the death penalty - I oppose it absolutely. If it is wrong to kill, then it is wrong to kill.

On abortion, personally, I am against it, but I would never oppose anyone that is having an abortion. I have supported female friends of mine that have had abortions, despite them knowing that I am against it. I do not think they are evil for doing it, I just think it is really sad that it happens so often... and, having seen a feotus fighting to get away from the stuff being injected into it, and knowing that they suffer great pain, yes, I call it killing - it is damned brutal too. Kind of like torturing them to death. That most abortions are for convenience sake is a little repugnant to me, but, that is the nature of our society these days. Having been and seen unwanted kids, I think killing them is often for the best, which is kind of sad.

I am not sure what all the options are for having abortions, but at least some of them are incredibly inhumane, and should be banned. We will sedate an animal before we kill it, yet do horrible things to a feotus that is capable of feeling pain. Something about that disturbs me.
crazyfreak921 On January 14, 2012

Frederick, Maryland
#33New Post! Oct 03, 2008 @ 00:45:36
I opposse the death penalty simply because it is hypocritical. I mean think about it...your killing someone for killing someone else. Besides it makes martyrs of people, which leads to more people killing even more people

I'm pro-choice to an extent. I believe life begins when the fetus/child/w.e has a brain and a heart. However, I don't think we should change the law as it currently stands. Abortions should be available to whomever needs them at whatever time in their pregnancy. It is THEIR fetus/child/w.e
and I dont even think men should have a say on the topic, they arn't the ones that have to deal with a creature living inside them.
momof2 On November 09, 2008

Deleted

Craziest looney bin, Louisiana
#34New Post! Oct 03, 2008 @ 02:21:04
@Scoobiedoolala Said
the death penalty has undoubtedly deterred the murder of many potential innocent victims.
What get's me is that some believe in abortion, but not the death penalty.
The death penalty, imo, saves lives, whereas abortion takes the most innocent.
How could anyone be against the death penalty for putting to death the guilty, but pro abortion, killing innocents?
How?
It is hard to comprehend you can back the killing of unborn children, but not back death those guilty of capital crimes?
It is just amazing.

I DO NOT agree with abortion at all! As far as the death penalty, for ones that truly deserve it...hell yeah! Those people have done s'thing extremely wrong where an innocent childe never had a chance to life at all.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Oct 03, 2008 @ 06:19:06
For abortion, I'm pro-choice. If a woman really wants an abortion, she'll go to a guy who knows a guy who lives in a backalley which usually results in not just an abortion but the death of the woman.

As fot the death penalty, I'm against that too. It's one thing to kill a guilty man, it's another to kill a man who's guilt was proved "beyond reasonable doubt" according to the evidence available at the time. Evidence aquitting people can show up years later or it could be that a piece of evidence that couldn't be analysed fully has a slightly different story to tell.
miracle3x On January 28, 2009

Radcliff, Kentucky
#36New Post! Oct 03, 2008 @ 15:11:33
I'm pro abortion and pro dP. However I think that each should have strict laws. For example, I, personally, think that abortion should be done in the first trimester. I think that the death penalty should only be used in extreme cases...i.e. someone who has dead children froze in the freezer...thats just horrible! Its sick, u know who did it, and its a waste of money to keep them locked up.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#37New Post! Oct 03, 2008 @ 15:13:19
@Scoobiedoolala Said
the death penalty has undoubtedly deterred the murder of many potential innocent victims.
What get's me is that some believe in abortion, but not the death penalty.
The death penalty, imo, saves lives, whereas abortion takes the most innocent.
How could anyone be against the death penalty for putting to death the guilty, but pro abortion, killing innocents?
How?
It is hard to comprehend you can back the killing of unborn children, but not back death those guilty of capital crimes?
It is just amazing.

Circumstances alter cases.

8)
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013