Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...13 14 15 16 17 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#211New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 05:12:34
Stem cell research
[Romney]endorsed embryonic stem cell research, saying the controversial science might one day help treat his wife's multiple sclerosis...."I am in favor of stem cell research. I will work and fight for stem cell research. I'd be happy to talk to [President Bush] about this, though I don't know if I could budge him an inch."
Boston Globe, 6/14/02
"FACT: Governor Romney Opposes Using Taxpayer Money to Fund Embryo-Destructive Research."
MittRomney.com A Record of Protecting Life
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#212New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 05:13:13
Bush tax cuts
Governor Mitt Romney refused yesterday to endorse tax cuts at the heart of President Bush's economic program...In addition to refusing to endorse the president's tax cut, the governor surprised several people at the meeting by saying he is open to a federal increase in gas taxes.
Boston Globe, 4/11/0
[Romney] said it was "absolutely critical" to renew tax cuts proposed by President George W. Bush. Letting them expire would result in a "massive tax increase" that would retard economic growth, Romney said.
Detroit Free Press, 2/8/07
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#213New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 05:13:35
Reagan Republicanism
"I was an independent during the time of Reagan-Bush. I'm not trying to return to Reagan-Bush."
Boston Herald, 10/27/94
"Ronald Reagan is ... my hero. ... I believe that our party's ascendancy began with Ronald Reagan's brand of visionary and courageous leadership."
Boston Globe, 1/19/07
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#214New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 05:14:05
Desire to serve in Vietnam
"I was not planning on signing up for the military. It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam..."
Boston Herald, 5/2/94
"I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there and in some ways it was frustrating not to feel like I was there as part of the troops that were fighting in Vietnam."
Boston Globe, 6/24/07
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#215New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 05:17:43
You know though. If (God forbid) Romney was to win in November Politifact would rate his campaign promises and would have a 100% "compromise" rating........ with himself!
Pcptrvanion On November 10, 2014

Howe, Texas
#216New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 12:03:56
@shinobinoz Said

Romney however flips & flops like a fish out of water!!!!

And to support your opinion you posted a series of completely unrelated quotes but because they sound similar they must prove a changing of opinion.

Howe, Texas
#217New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 12:06:48
@shinobinoz Said

Gun laws
"We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them. I won't chip away at them; I believe they protect us and provide for our safety."
Romney in 2002 gov. debate, Boston Globe, 1/14/07
"I have a gun of my own. I go hunting myself. I'm a member of the NRA and believe firmly in the right to bear arms."
Boston Globe, 1/14/07

First quote says that gun laws are already in place and Mr. Romney does not seek to remove them.

Second quote says Mr. Romney owns guns and supports the Constitution.

No "flip-flop"

Howe, Texas
#218New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 12:12:02
@shinobinoz Said

Amendment to ban gay marriage
"Mitt does not support it...As far as Mitt is concerned, it goes farther than current law, and therefore it's unnecessary."
Romney spokesman, Boston Globe, 3/22/02
"When I was Governor, we took every conceivable step within the law to stop, block or slow down this unprecedented court decision."
Speech to National Right to Life Convention, 6/15/07

First quote - a bill to legally define marriage as heterosexual is unnecessary.

Second quote - a court decision to force a state to change their laws and relinquish more authority to the Federal government was actively opposed.

no "flip-flop"

Howe, Texas
#219New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 12:14:39
@shinobinoz Said

Minimum wage
"I think the minimum wage ought to keep pace with inflation. I think the minimum wage is a good thing to have in our economy and I think it ought to be updated."
Boston Globe, 10/17/94
"[T]he challenge with raising the minimum wage excessively is it is a hurt to those that are entering the work force, the very poor, those that are trying to get early jobs, get those first jobs."
Associated Press, 7/25/06

First quote - a personal opinion that minimum wage increases should match the rate of inflation.

Second quote - a recognition of the fact that EVERY increase in minimum wage is followed by an increase in the unemployment rate for minority youth.
ArmourOfGod On September 29, 2013

Banned

, United Kingdom
#220New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 12:58:04
@Pcptrvanion Said

...and what's wrong with being a heathen?

@crazylikeafox Said

I don't think any of Shinobinoz's tribes had Tomahawks, and does this mean we can tell you to get your longbow?

No it means you can tell me to got my .303 British Lee Enfield!

"AIM!, FIRE!!!!!!!"
ArmourOfGod On September 29, 2013

Banned

, United Kingdom
#221New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 12:58:45
@crazylikeafox Said

Yes, Mitt's a Mormon. So what? Why is that a bad thing?

He's down with Joseph Smith!
Lil_O_Me On August 22, 2012

Deleted

, Kentucky
#222New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 14:05:46
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#223New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 15:38:05
@Pcptrvanion Said

First quote says that gun laws are already in place and Mr. Romney does not seek to remove them.

Second quote says Mr. Romney owns guns and supports the Constitution.

No "flip-flop"

Not exactly NRA stuff either!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#224New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 15:43:45
@Pcptrvanion Said

First quote - a bill to legally define marriage as heterosexual is unnecessary.

Second quote - a court decision to force a state to change their laws and relinquish more authority to the Federal government was actively opposed.

no "flip-flop"

1994 Romney states in a race against Ted Kennedy:
I am not unaware of my opponent’s considerable record in the area of civil rights, or the commitment of Massachusetts voters to the principle of equality for all Americans. For some voters it might be enough for me to simply match my opponents’s record in this area. But I believe we can and must do better. If we are to achieve the goals we share, we must make equality for gays and lesbians a mainstream concern. My opponent cannot do this. I can and will.

This year running as a consev:
“Today, unelected judges cast aside the will of the people of California who voted to protect traditional marriage. This decision does not end this fight, and I expect it to go to the Supreme Court. That prospect underscores the vital importance of this election and the movement to preserve our values. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman and, as president, I will protect traditional marriage and appoint judges who interpret the Constitution as it is written and not according to their own politics and prejudices.”

Full friken flip flop!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#225New Post! Aug 11, 2012 @ 15:56:23
@Pcptrvanion Said

First quote - a personal opinion that minimum wage increases should match the rate of inflation.

Second quote - a recognition of the fact that EVERY increase in minimum wage is followed by an increase in the unemployment rate for minority youth.

YOUR quote regarding the second quote is a lie you know. Now if you just look at any graph starting before the great recession you'd might get that impression- but alas- every age group's unemployment rates went up. When you look at the long term reaction to minimum wage & unemployment you'll find that it is a draw using only those two variables which we all know is not the only reasons for economic strength. Try again!
What you want to fool us with:

Reality:
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...13 14 15 16 17 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs