Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#16New Post! May 25, 2006 @ 19:13:18
@alljive Said
Jmo, not to be a bastard or anything. But take another look at the history of buddhism, it is no less bloody than that of any of the other major religions.

I'm a fan of a lot of buddhist concepts and philosophies, but there is no denying the blood that has been spilled over the letter of an interpretation there either.

i don't really care about the past. right now they don't pose a threat, most organised religians do.
silenthunder On November 25, 2007

Halliburton, Texas
#17New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 00:11:45
Perhaps I have been very unskillful in making the point that I was really trying to make. Please forgive me.

The simple point was when one gets all fired up with anger over anything, it is they who suffer; not the object of their anger.

I am not a Christian, however I am familiar with the teachings of their faith. I have tried to show respect for the sincere believer, not the institution. If this has caused anger in others please accept my most profound apology.

It is anger that ruins the lives of so many. One who is not aware of what anger can do passes through life like a mule carrying an unbelievably heavy burden.
unseenlove On October 15, 2007

Navadaville, Alabama
#18New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 00:21:50
I saw an interview between a CNN reporter, and the head lady person of that church.

I couldn't count the number of times she said we were all going to burn in hell because we tolerated the homosexuals and bisexuals.

I was like AHHHH! *stab stab*

I'm an athiest honestly. I don't believe in a God... I just go with the flow...

That was weird.

I'M OFF TO MY CONCERT! WOOO! WISH US LUUUCK!
drizz On April 10, 2017

Ankara, Turkey
#19New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 00:41:11
just a thought ......were it that the us govt did not accept homosexuality....would that mean that no more soldiers would die in wars???? i have lived as a minority for my whole life as a christian(which is my religeon not by choice but by way of my family and the fact that it is stamped on my passport)...? have respect for all religeons but have no religeon at all...according to what i believe....there is a god and what i talk to him/her about is the concern of no person be they priest pope or my own family.......there is a saying in turkish "herkes kendi kabrini" which means everyone to his own grave.....i believe i have lived a good life and have done a lot to help people and will continue to do so.....

what people get out of putting "god" as an excuse for folly on their own part or to replace grief is just plain dumb....to them i have only one question.......when everyone starts to live by the rules of one religeon will all the untimely deaths and wars and poverty and famine and illness and everything bad stop????

I am a complete nature freak i feel that humans, who are the only animals that can exploit their own race for personal gains, should actually worship nature and respect what they themselves will never ever be able to achive.......harmony.
jgore On September 25, 2010

Banned

New Haven, Connecticut
#20New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 00:44:22
Misconception: Doing good to people will get you to heaven.
st0nerdude On March 28, 2009

pfft, Denmark
#21New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 00:45:50
@jgore Said

says who?

[oh god , im about to enter another religious debate arent i..]
drizz On April 10, 2017

Ankara, Turkey
#22New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 00:46:55
@jgore Said

may not get me to heaven but it lets me go to sleep peacefully and mind you im not talking about being a do gooder for everyone.......ill help a person who is willing to help themselves.....ill help a beggar find a job but wont put money into his pocket.

Banned

New Haven, Connecticut
#23New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 00:48:50
Say all relgions.

pfft, Denmark
#24New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 00:52:57
@jgore Said
Say all relgions.

no they dont.

"for whoever beleives in Him shall not perish but have eternal life"

there - u have to beleve Jesus ied to save our sins, being good is a bonus however...

Banned

New Haven, Connecticut
#25New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 00:59:01
@st0nerdude Said
no they dont.

"for whoever beleives in Him shall not perish but have eternal life"

there - u have to beleve Jesus ied to save our sins, being good is a bonus however...

Yea..well if jesus was God then belief in him would mean that whatever you did was based upon your belief in him. Belief is supposed to be supported by action. I know people think that they can do evil and say they believein Jesus but how can someone believein jesus and do evil. And I'm not talking about minor sins that are between you and God.

pfft, Denmark
#26New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 01:02:02
@jgore Said
Yea..well if jesus was God then belief in him would mean that whatever you did was based upon your belief in him. Belief is supposed to be supported by action. I know people think that they can do evil and say they believein Jesus but how can someone believein jesus and do evil. And I'm not talking about minor sins that are between you and God.

dam, im sorry buddy, im gonna have to do this:

jesus is god. god, the holy spirit and jesus, the holy trinity (three, btw) they are one, he is God.

oh and minor sins dont exist

"for all sins are just as evil in the eyes of our Lord. and each will be punished equally on the day of judgement"

*smacks hand*
dam me...

Banned

New Haven, Connecticut
#27New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 01:06:23
Three huh..thats a theology or an interpretation not Biblical fact.

And if jesus was God then who did he pray to while in the Cross ,ooh snap..and if he was God how can he die when God is everlasting. If jesus is God and God is everlasting then that means that Jesus didn't die on the Cross. He was faking. He had one eye open..wink wink.

pfft, Denmark
#28New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 01:11:03
@jgore Said
Three huh..thats a theology or an interpretation not Biblical fact.

And if jesus was God then who did he pray to while in the Cross ,ooh snap..and if he was God how can he die when God is everlasting. If jesus is God and God is everlasting then that means that Jesus didn't die on the Cross. He was faking. He had one eye open..wink wink.

here we go. uneducated ppl being witty at me...

Jesus on the cross prayed to God the Father, he's god, he can do these things,

god being everlasting does NOT mean that jesus didnt die on the cross, it means that God is everlasting. jesus died on the cross to pay the blood that needed to be shed to purge us of our sins and reunite us with God

"so God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son"

u underestimate God, He can be The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit, and he is.

oh, and just on the side, that bit about him having one eye open, i think thats called blasphemy...
ozzy_atc On June 22, 2006

Deleted

Oak Harbor, Washington
#29New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 01:12:22
This topic makes me queezy.

As a military member myself- I'd like to rain down some wrath of my own.

I went to a "bible thumping Christian church"-
and we supported our president- maybe not everything- but certainly were thankful for our freedoms.

https://suitcoatdays.weblogs.us/archives/2205

Banned

New Haven, Connecticut
#30New Post! May 26, 2006 @ 01:17:41
@ozzy_atc Said
This topic makes me queezy.

As a military member myself- I'd like to rain down some wrath of my own.

I went to a "bible thumping Christian church"-
and we supported our president- maybe not everything- but certainly were thankful for our freedoms.

https://suitcoatdays.weblogs.us/archives/2205

and you point is?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs