Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#91New Post! Nov 26, 2012 @ 22:48:43
@Willi Said

i though horsemen with swords cutting heads off was in it?

Not literal ones, lol, they are symbolic, a symbol most would understand when talking about a form of warfare that they wouldn't understand.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#92New Post! Nov 26, 2012 @ 23:03:56
@MadCornishBiker Said

Not literal ones, lol, they are symbolic, a symbol most would understand when talking about a form of warfare that they wouldn't understand.

please elaborate.
you say no horsemen are coming with swords in a final battle?

Banned

#93New Post! Nov 27, 2012 @ 10:47:47
@Willi Said

please elaborate.
you say no horsemen are coming with swords in a final battle?

No literal ones, no. We actually have no real idea what kind of forces Christ will employ.

From the descriptions of the "battle" it describes Christ and all his Angels", but since there are "myriads" of them, and one could wipe out the whole of humanity in less than a day and no-one see what was going on, that too probably only means "all the Angels he needs at the time", lol.

There have been many theories, all plausible. Such as:

One massive solar flare which wipes out all the electronics on the earth. A vulnerability we are creating for ourselves

Severe weather, which we are accelerating the prospect of ourselves.

He could even use His Holy Spirit, a force powerful enough to create the whole universe in His hands, to destroy us, our infra structure, anything. In His hands Holy Spirit is a tool selective enough to engineer the smallest particle, or powerful enough to create or destroy whole universes.

Take your pick. Whatever he uses the destruction will be great enough for all signs of our current "civilisations" to be destroyed, but selective for the faithful to get away with their lives, if nothing else.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#94New Post! Dec 05, 2012 @ 04:58:04
@MadCornishBiker Said

No literal ones, no. We actually have no real idea what kind of forces Christ will employ.

From the descriptions of the "battle" it describes Christ and all his Angels", but since there are "myriads" of them, and one could wipe out the whole of humanity in less than a day and no-one see what was going on, that too probably only means "all the Angels he needs at the time", lol.

There have been many theories, all plausible. Such as:

One massive solar flare which wipes out all the electronics on the earth. A vulnerability we are creating for ourselves

Severe weather, which we are accelerating the prospect of ourselves.

He could even use His Holy Spirit, a force powerful enough to create the whole universe in His hands, to destroy us, our infra structure, anything. In His hands Holy Spirit is a tool selective enough to engineer the smallest particle, or powerful enough to create or destroy whole universes.

Take your pick. Whatever he uses the destruction will be great enough for all signs of our current "civilisations" to be destroyed, but selective for the faithful to get away with their lives, if nothing else.

to much killing.
a filter don't kill, does it?

Banned

#95New Post! Dec 05, 2012 @ 10:21:57
@Willi Said

to much killing.
a filter don't kill, does it?

A filter separates out the dross for disposal. If what it is filtering is faulty lives, then yes it does.

Banned

#97New Post! Dec 05, 2012 @ 11:17:29
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Not necessarily written, but yes, it's there and it's unavoidable. Our self-awareness enables us to put ourselves in other's shoes, however hard we may try to avoid doing so. That forces us to realize what we're doing to others. We thus know we do wrong when we violate the innate rights of others to their life, liberty or property.

I wonder how often you violate the innate rights of others without even knowing it? I am sure that we all do, which is where the wisdom of God protects us and them.

The bible talks of the laws of God being written in the heats of those who love Him. Obviously that is not a literal thing but what it means is that those laws are of paramount importance to His people and that they live by them, with no though of deliberately infringing them.

@ThePainefulTruth Said

What do you expect from institutions which are founded on invented revelations? A lie by any other name corrupts just as badly. But churches, like governments, are corrupt only because of their corrupt members.

If you stand FOR something, please spit it out instead of just attacking the obvious.

There is nothing invented in the doctrine or "revelations" that the JWs adhere to, unless you count them as being "invented" by God Himself, which is of course true.

Every revelation they preach comes from scripture so strictly speaking it is not a revelation at all having been revealed many years, even centuries, before.

However everything they teach can be proven from scripture, and scripture can be proven in it's accuracy to all who do not prefer to live in denial. Any contrary teachings are very easy to prove wrong, or at the least speculative.

Well, if what you say is what you mean then that would apply to every institution in life, including life itself, since there are bad apples in every barrel.

However you cannot blamethe institution for what individuals with in it do, only for how they deal with that individual, and there are certain scriptural restraints that the JW are under in that regard.

For instance, in the case on the end of that link, if the Brother has run away he has taken himself out from under their jurisdiction and left himself solely in the jurisdiction of the law, and whilst the JWs will always cooperate with the police, they will not do their job for them.

As an organisation JWs can only act against those who are actively associating with the Congregations.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#98New Post! Dec 06, 2012 @ 07:53:12
What do you expect from institutions which are founded on invented revelations? A lie by any other name corrupts just as badly. But churches, like governments, are corrupt only because of their corrupt members.

If you stand FOR something, please spit it out instead of just attacking the obvious.

Nahhh,there's really no point,bye
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#99New Post! Dec 06, 2012 @ 13:14:04
@Demented Said

Thus spaketh the nattering nabob of negativity.

Banned

#100New Post! Dec 06, 2012 @ 15:09:29
@Demented Said

Yes you are right there, churches and Governemnts are corrupt because ot f their emmeber, though mor specifically, their originators.

Christ was pure and completely ncorruptible as all his true follower have to be. You cannot be a true follower of Christ and be remotely corruptible, it is just not possible.

And they do exist, you just got to fidn them, like I did.

True, even that "barrel" gets the occasional rotten apple in it, but they don't last long.

So why not join the one that does not depend on invented revelations but instead sticks to the clear and present, and demonstrable, revelations of the one true God. Nothing invented about them, unless you count the fact that He invented them and made them real.

, Australia
#101New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 13:42:56
@MadCornishBiker Said

Yes you are right there, churches and Governemnts are corrupt because ot f their emmeber, though mor specifically, their originators.

Christ was pure and completely ncorruptible as all his true follower have to be. You cannot be a true follower of Christ and be remotely corruptible, it is just not possible.

True, even that "barrel" gets the occasional rotten apple in it, but they don't last long.

So why not join the one that does not depend on invented revelations but instead sticks to the clear and present, and demonstrable, revelations of the one true God. Nothing invented about them, unless you count the fact that He invented them and made them real.

Sorry MCB,it wasn't me who said what you quoted me of saying,it was The Painful Truth who said it.

I'm quite happy to stay away from TFS now.Actually have a look at your quote to this reply.
Edited: December 08, 2012 @ 13:44

Banned

#102New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 13:49:11
@Demented Said

Sorry MCB,it wasn't me who said what you quoted me of saying,it was The Painful Truth who said it.

I'm quite happy to stay away from TFS now.Actually have a look at your quote to this reply.

Sorry, this is a bit muddled, a fair bit of that seems to be quoting from me.

If I have "credited" you with something you didn't say I apologise, but please don't go away.
Edited: December 08, 2012 @ 13:49

, Australia
#103New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 14:06:55
@MadCornishBiker Said

Sorry, this is a bit muddled, a fair bit of that seems to be quoting from me.

If I have "credited" you with something you didn't say I apologise, but please don't go away.

Crediting me with anothers words doesn't worry me,I only meant to point out the stuff up with TFS.

Nahh,I'll stay away,frankly I'm sick of all the bulls***,so have a good Christmas my friend and see you later

Banned

#104New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 14:19:33
@Demented Said

Crediting me with anothers words doesn't worry me,I only meant to point out the stuff up with TFS.

Nahh,I'll stay away,frankly I'm sick of all the bulls***,so have a good Christmas my friend and see you later

Hope so, just don't stay away forever.

Take care.
Edited: December 08, 2012 @ 14:19

, Australia
#105New Post! Dec 08, 2012 @ 23:17:23
@MadCornishBiker Said

Hope so, just don't stay away forever.

Take care.

We'll see
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8