Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#31New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 03:21:24
@Demented Said

The existence of God can never be truly proven nor proven as to not being real

What did I just say. If people read what I wrote, I think everyone would be agreeing with me by now. Jeeez.

Quote:
what it all comes down to is faith.

Yeah, knowledge, faith and blind faith--and knowing what's the difference.

Quote:
God the Father,sun and the holy ghost,Hmmmmm Father????what kind of Father sits back and does nothing when his Adult Children are sexually abusing his youngest children?????.

There you go, off into the woods attacking the easy target, revealed religions, and ignoring the rational possibilities. What are you after, cheap shots and mindless kicks.....or Truth?
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#32New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 04:41:06
@MadCornishBiker Said

Fair enough but you cannot really shove it down anyone's throat, especially on a site like this where it is easy for people to ignore you if they wish.

The best you can hope for is that someone chooses to read what you post and make up their own minds.

As for your headline continuation, are they the people who preached to us? No doubt they are to some but not all are like that so who really knows.

It is up to you what you believe or don't, just don't use what individuals do to blacken any group. The Catholics aren't to blame for what their priests do, though they are responsible for what they let them get away with. That is far from fair or just.

However with all there evidence there is for teh existence of God I often wonder how, even with Satan's veil in front of their eyes meo people can't see it. Still, that's between them and God.

I probably SHOULD have done this with the original post,but alas I neglected to and it looks like the words are mine,although I stand behind what I've said about the Catholic Church.

https://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories/2012/11/12/PM_called_on_church_abuse_815560.html?cid=ZBP_NEWS_L_L1_PM_called_on_church_abuse_121112

, Australia
#33New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 04:42:49
@ThePainefulTruth Said

What did I just say. If people read what I wrote, I think everyone would be agreeing with me by now. Jeeez.

Yeah, knowledge, faith and blind faith--and knowing what's the difference.

There you go, off into the woods attacking the easy target, revealed religions, and ignoring the rational possibilities. What are you after, cheap shots and mindless kicks.....or Truth?

Nice bit of patch working you've done there
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 11:08:48
@Demented Said

I probably SHOULD have done this with the original post,but alas I neglected to and it looks like the words are mine,although I stand behind what I've said about the Catholic Church.

Yes I have to agree about the Catholic Church but my point still stands. They are not guilty of the abuse, but their guilt comes in when they try to cover it up and simply move guilty priests from one parish to another.

That is their guilt and it makes them as guilty of allowing later abuses to be committed, as the perpetrator is of committing them.

, Australia
#35New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 11:15:05
@MadCornishBiker Said

Yes I have to agree about the Catholic Church but my point still stands. They are not guilty of the abuse, but their guilt comes in when they try to cover it up and simply move guilty priests from one parish to another.

That is their guilt and it makes them as guilty of allowing later abuses to be committed, as the perpetrator is of committing them.

I think their biggest crime would be aiding and abetting wouldn't it?

Loved the comment about Satan's veil please don't tell me you believe that crap also .
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 11:17:59
This is more the fault of organised religion imo. The hierarchy of these kind of faiths allow things like this to happen as it's open to corruption. Not just true of the Catholic Church though (but the fact that it has so much power and has for a very long time probably doesn't make it any easier).

, Australia
#37New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 11:23:34
@sister_of_mercy Said

This is more the fault of organised religion imo. The hierarchy of these kind of faiths allow things like this to happen as it's open to corruption. Not just true of the Catholic Church though (but the fact that it has so much power and has for a very long time probably doesn't make it any easier).

Amen sister of mercy ,it's almost as though they condone the actions .
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#38New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 11:32:59
@Demented Said

Nice bit of patch working you've done there

Patchwork my ass. It's what I've been saying since I've been here.

, Australia
#39New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 13:53:38
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Patchwork my ass. It's what I've been saying since I've been here.

Oh,sorry I missed what you were getting at then,and I'll pass on patchworking your a** to thanks
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#40New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 15:02:29
@MadCornishBiker Said

The best you can hope for is that someone chooses to read what you post and make up their own minds.

I chose to read what you posted and made up my own mind.

The line for the lake of fire forms to the right. Please queue up and wait patiently for your turn to wade in, as you fail at christianity.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#41New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 16:08:41
@boxerdc Said

I chose to read what you posted and made up my own mind.

The line for the lake of fire forms to the right. Please queue up and wait patiently for your turn to wade in, as you fail at christianity.

Then I can ask no more.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#42New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 16:39:11
@Demented Said

Oh, sorry I missed what you were getting at.

Comes the dawn.

, Australia
#43New Post! Nov 13, 2012 @ 05:46:09
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Comes the dawn.

Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#44New Post! Nov 13, 2012 @ 12:46:36
@Demented Said

Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#45New Post! Nov 15, 2012 @ 02:56:35
@Demented Said

All forgiving group Yep I like that,they destroy young lives and then forgive themselves for doing it works well in religious circles .

i tend to wonder if that's where the roots come from.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs