And this is Religion for you

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...6 7 8 · >>
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#16New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 19:52:17
@MadCornishBiker Said

Yes, but the trouble is some people have very strange ideas about how and what it does.

in this case, it distroyed that wich was not like it?
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 19:56:28
@Willi Said

in this case, it distroyed that wich was not like it?

That is all too common. As I found most of my ife, people are afraid of anyone who is genuinely different.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#19New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 20:12:33
@MadCornishBiker Said

That is all too common. As I found most of my ife, people are afraid of anyone who is genuinely different.

genuinely different being not allowed, can cause problems.
a daughter with an eye for guys in some places, is a slut you can kill.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#20New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 04:38:55
@Demented Said

Your 100% correct,I don't G-A-S as you put it,I feel that this God is nothing but a scam thought up a long long time ago,and the so called religions??they've been the biggest scammers ever since.

The scam is human made, which has nothing to do with the existence of a real God, who, if It exists, made it so that it's impossible to tell if He exists or not.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#21New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 04:42:26
Come on there is no scam comparable to the post-communist marketing and pyramid sales pitch for a flexible and improved understanding to covered for national Debt.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#22New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 06:03:30
@Reviso Said

Come on there is no scam comparable to the post-communist marketing and pyramid sales pitch for a flexible and improved understanding to covered for national Debt.

trinkle down economics?

Banned

#23New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 10:26:26
@Demented Said

And people wonder why I'm a non believer.I've never been subjected to anything like this,but we've all known this sh*t is happening while the Church keeps denying it,it's about time these bastards were dragged into the sunlight to burn .

Don't know why I didn't thin about this before but when you think about it, the thread title is wrong, it should be:

"And this is people for you".

Also having thought a little further about what you said above, beiever in what?

Religion doesn't do these things, nor does it teach them. People do them and some choose to use religions as a mask to hide behind.

However they use other things also. You can find examples of it in all the areas listed below:

Politicians do it and hide behind the power they have.

Volunteers do it and hide behind the access they have to vulnerable people. (Currently in the UK Jimmy Saville seems to have been a prime example of that).

Teachers do it, and use the influence they have over children to groom them.

Doctors do it and use all sorts of methods to cover it.

In fact all sorts of people do it. Does that mean that all the above groups are wrong? or just the individuals who do these things in those groups.

All you are doing with this thread is using religion as a scapegoat, and transferring there responsibility to it rather than the individuals who did.

Basically you are using it as an excuse, it is not a reason.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#24New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 13:42:20
@MadCornishBiker Said

I wish I could say it didn't happen in any religion, but it does probably in all of them.

I do agree however that it is wrong to blame the religion itself for it happening, and even more wrong to blame God for it.

The only time the religion itself is to blame is if they either cover it up or ignore it.

I can't help but feel that the Catholic Church is the worst for that. They don't do anything much about it except try and hide it. If it becomes public they simply "bury" the priest in some little backwater parish somewhere and nothing more is done.

I do appreciate that, according to their beliefs they have " the sanctity of the confessional" but I do believe they sometimes abuse that, and there is always the problem of what do they do abut it, if anything.

I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me on this one, and I can't speak on more than one individual case I know the outcome of, but I can comment on what is official policy which takes into account, first of all the feelings of the victim, though they may not always feel it does. I do however now it was followed in the one case I know of directly, because it happened in a congregation I was in at the time.

The second thing they consider is what power they have to actually do anything, which is actually more limited than people believe, because if the victim doesn't complain there really is nothing anyone can do.

However official policy, which I hope is always adhered to, is to encourage the victim to approach the police to report that occurrence and then approach the accused person and persuade them, if possible to go to the police themselves and give themselves up.

The problem for the elders, as it is for the police, is that all too often there is a distinct lack of evidence, and while it didn't happen in the case I know because the perpetrator took the elders advice and handed himself in, it can often be the word of one person against the other, and whether you believe the victim or not you cannot solely take one persons word against another. The courts won't, the CPS won't proceed if that's all they have and the Police's hands are tied.

Is that fair? No, but nothing can be done about it. The victim often ends up with understandably bitter feelings and often lashes out at everyone because they didn't get the justice they deserved. As I say, understandable but unfair also because if nothing can be done then nothing can be done, and it has to be accepted as a simple but cruel fact of life.

As far as the religious angle goes in the case of the JWs if it is legal stalemate then it is for the as well. They cannot act on one person's word alone, no matter how reliable that person is perceived to be.

However if the Police take action, and that action ends in a successful prosecution, then the Elders can use that as the second witness. They can use the verdict as the second witness and proceed with any disfellowshipping action they see as necessary.

However sometimes, if the perpetrator has cooperated with Police and elders, and is given a custodial sentence by the courts that is considered as action enough, since the perpetrators cooperation is seen as a sign of repentance. Accepting responsibility for his or her actions is taken positively. After all, as Christ said, his Father wants mercy not sacrifice so forgiveness should be extended to any where it is feasible.

Incidentally in the case I actually know about it was a father on a daughter and the abuse had happened a decade or so before the perpetrator became a JW. I have no idea what happened, at the time but as soon as it was raised the father admitted it, went voluntarily to the police and, as they say, "took his lumps". Last I heard he was in Bristol Prison.

As I say, I wish it didn't happen anywhere, but especially amongst those who are, as a group if not as individuals, God's people on this earth. However, as I know from personal experience, there are bad apples in every barrel.

Sadly this kind of thing we know goes on all over the place,through all walks of life,but when a child is abused mentally,physically or sexually it just makes my blood boil.
An adult should never ever take advantage of an innocent child who trusts what they are being told do by the adult,and the fact that the Catholic Church knows full well what is being done,yet what do they do about it?? sweet F*ck all unless it's to condone the actions of the Pedo priests by hiding behind their religion and pretending they know nothing and quoting text from a book of Fairy Tales when asked questions.

, Australia
#25New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 13:45:50
@Willi Said

fair enough

the bad within humans grows best when allowed to by any protective and of course all forgin group?

All forgiving group Yep I like that,they destroy young lives and then forgive themselves for doing it works well in religious circles .

, Australia
#26New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 13:54:47
@ThePainefulTruth Said

The scam is human made, which has nothing to do with the existence of a real God, who, if It exists, made it so that it's impossible to tell if He exists or not.

The existence of God can never be truly proven nor proven as to not being real what it all comes down to is faith.
God the Father,sun and the holy ghost,Hmmmmm Father????what kind of Father sits back and does nothing when his Adult Children are sexually abusing his youngest children?????.

, Australia
#27New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 13:57:48
@Reviso Said

Yes there is You forgot about global warming,that's scam dreamed up by Corporate Greed.

, Australia
#28New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 14:04:01
@MadCornishBiker Said

Don't know why I didn't thin about this before but when you think about it, the thread title is wrong, it should be:

"And this is people for you".

Also having thought a little further about what you said above, beiever in what?

Religion doesn't do these things, nor does it teach them. People do them and some choose to use religions as a mask to hide behind.

However they use other things also. You can find examples of it in all the areas listed below:

Politicians do it and hide behind the power they have.

Volunteers do it and hide behind the access they have to vulnerable people. (Currently in the UK Jimmy Saville seems to have been a prime example of that).

Teachers do it, and use the influence they have over children to groom them.

Doctors do it and use all sorts of methods to cover it.

In fact all sorts of people do it. Does that mean that all the above groups are wrong? or just the individuals who do these things in those groups.

All you are doing with this thread is using religion as a scapegoat, and transferring there responsibility to it rather than the individuals who did.

Basically you are using it as an excuse, it is not a reason.

"And this is the people who preach about God for you".

There MCB,I filled in the gaps in your headline for you.

You know damned well I don't believe in the mythical being who created everything and you also know damned well I don't believe the fairy tales that you religious nutters preach,so let's not pretend eh???.
It's like I've said many times,you like every other Man,Woman and child have the right to believe in whatever you want to,your right to shove it down MY throat is denied.

Banned

#29New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 15:13:46
@Demented Said

Sadly this kind of thing we know goes on all over the place,through all walks of life,but when a child is abused mentally,physically or sexually it just makes my blood boil.
An adult should never ever take advantage of an innocent child who trusts what they are being told do by the adult,and the fact that the Catholic Church knows full well what is being done,yet what do they do about it?? sweet F*ck all unless it's to condone the actions of the Pedo priests by hiding behind their religion and pretending they know nothing and quoting text from a book of Fairy Tales when asked questions.

I agree. I have seen first hand the damage it does to a child. An ex partners daughter had been abused at about 7 by her father, and then later, at about 8 by her mother's next partner. It all left her with a warped idea of sex, and indeed life.

The worst side of it, in my opinion anyway is the psychological effect, though with long term abuse, if the girl gets pregnant that is obviously even worse.

The worst aspect of my ex partners daughter is that we eventually came to realise that the second abuse was actually at her instigation, and the abuser had been stupid enough to let himself be led on by her. The judge threw her evidence out of court when he was prosecuted because she was an unwilling witness, but fortunately one other young girl eh touched was sufficient to see him prosecuted successfully.

The "up" side of it for me, if you can say there was one, was that I learned an awful lot about what the Police can and can't do when I was involved with the Child Protection Unit supporting her and her mother. I now know their abilities and their limitations, in the UK anyway.

Banned

#30New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 15:22:03
@Demented Said

"And this is the people who preach about God for you".

There MCB,I filled in the gaps in your headline for you.

You know damned well I don't believe in the mythical being who created everything and you also know damned well I don't believe the fairy tales that you religious nutters preach,so let's not pretend eh???.
It's like I've said many times,you like every other Man,Woman and child have the right to believe in whatever you want to,your right to shove it down MY throat is denied.

Fair enough but you cannot really shove it down anyone's throat, especially on a site like this where it is easy for people to ignore you if they wish.

The best you can hope for is that someone chooses to read what you post and make up their own minds.

As for your headline continuation, are they the people who preached to us? No doubt they are to some but not all are like that so who really knows.

It is up to you what you believe or don't, just don't use what individuals do to blacken any group. The Catholics aren't to blame for what their priests do, though they are responsible for what they let them get away with. That is far from fair or just.

However with all there evidence there is for teh existence of God I often wonder how, even with Satan's veil in front of their eyes meo people can't see it. Still, that's between them and God.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs