Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

And that

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#1New Post! Jul 01, 2011 @ 13:41:52
A small black bug meandered across my desk and while it was attempting to scale the side of my laptop it fell on its back. Its little legs were thrashing wildly as it struggled to turn its self over and when it finally righted itself it wandered aimlessly back across my desk. For a short time that little black bug had a purpose. I crushed it with my finger.

We may experience a moment of purpose as we struggle to find food and shelter. Meanwhile we continue our aimless meandering through our meaningless lives in this purposeless universe. And then the giant finger of fate crushes us.

And that is what is bugging me…
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#2New Post! Jul 01, 2011 @ 16:07:52
@Erimitus Said

A small black bug meandered across my desk and while it was attempting to scale the side of my laptop it fell on its back. Its little legs were thrashing wildly as it struggled to turn its self over and when it finally righted itself it wandered aimlessly back across my desk. For a short time that little black bug had a purpose. I crushed it with my finger.

We may experience a moment of purpose as we struggle to find food and shelter. Meanwhile we continue our aimless meandering through our meaningless lives in this purposeless universe. And then the giant finger of fate crushes us.

And that is what is bugging me…

You remind me of Nietzsche.

#3New Post! Jul 01, 2011 @ 17:25:49
@bob_the_fisherman Said

You remind me of Nietzsche.

There have been reports that god is alive and secretly living in Argentina.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#4New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 14:50:32
Those reports are clearly false. God is alive and well, living in Australia. He goes by the name of bob

#5New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 14:52:39
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Those reports are clearly false. God is alive and well, living in Australia. He goes by the name of bob

chuckle
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#6New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 15:02:25
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 15:05:02
A small whitish worm wriggled in the rain on the driveway outside my front door and while it was attempting to wriggle towards the safety of the moist earth, I watched it. Its little body wriggled and thrashed wildly in the beating rain as it struggled to make progress. For a short time that little worm had a purpose. I reached down, picked it up, and placed it gently down on the earth.

We may experience a moment of purpose as we struggle to find food and shelter. Meanwhile we continue our aimless meandering through our meaningless lives in this purposeless universe. And then the giant finger of fate/grace reaches down and picks us up.

what is bugging me…...is that in all probability a bloody blackbird dived down and gobbled it up soon after......
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#8New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 15:12:39
@tariki Said

A small whitish worm wriggled in the rain on the driveway outside my front door and while it was attempting to wriggle towards the safety of the moist earth, I watched it. Its little body wriggled and thrashed wildly in the beating rain as it struggled to make progress. For a short time that little worm had a purpose. I reached down, picked it up, and placed it gently down on the earth.

We may experience a moment of purpose as we struggle to find food and shelter. Meanwhile we continue our aimless meandering through our meaningless lives in this purposeless universe. And then the giant finger of fate/grace reaches down and picks us up.

what is bugging me…...is that in all probability a bloody blackbird dived down and gobbled it up soon after......

On my way to work recently, a f***ing enormous earthworm wriggled in the early morning on the driveway outside my front door. While it was attempting to wriggle towards the safety of the moist earth, I watched it. Its little body wriggled and thrashed wildly in the rising heat as it struggled to make progress. For a short time that little worm had a purpose. I reached down, picked it up, and placed it gently down on the earth.

We may experience a moment of purpose as we struggle to find food and shelter. Meanwhile we continue our aimless meandering through our meaningless lives in this purposeless universe. And then the giant finger of grace reaches down and picks us up.

what is bugging me…... is that I really wanted to shove a hook up that worms arse and throw it in the water...

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 16:08:26
@bob_the_fisherman Said

what is bugging me…... is that I really wanted to shove a hook up that worms arse and throw it in the water...

dare I say it........Ye must become a fisher of men.....

#10New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 19:10:22
@tariki Said

eat, drink, and make merry, for tomorrow you are gobble up...

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jul 02, 2011 @ 19:18:25
@Erimitus Said

eat, drink, and make merry, for tomorrow you are gobble up...

I will go down to self-annihilation and Eternal Death,
Lest the Last Judgement come and find me unannihilate,
And I be seiz'd and giv'n into the hands of my own Selfhood.

William Blake, lines from "Milton"

LovetheProcess On October 19, 2015

Plymouth, Massachusetts
#12New Post! Jul 12, 2011 @ 04:51:37
What if the whole point is simply to understand what it FEELS like, something we can't experience in other less physical realms of being. Maybe the bugs whole point of meandering so called meaninglessly is the meaning. We can not experience that which we are not aware of. What if we just wanted a way to FEEL. If we all came from god/energy/love/something unseen perhaps it was not enough to just know what we were but wanted to experience all that we were, in which case we must first feel that which we are not, so we may understand that which we are.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs