Anarchy

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
skanky_hoe On January 18, 2007

Deleted

melbourne, Australia
#1New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 01:42:47
What is your opinion? do you think a society without government rule would work? Personally i do.
Anarchy is often misinterpreted as violence and chaos but I'm not talking about that - I mean a free society based on voluntary work without nationalism or people ruling over other people. I think that is more liberalism but oh well....
And no I'm not talking about communism....
.....and I don't wanna hear any abusive comments about rebellious teens blah blah blah....
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#2New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 01:45:26
I don't work for free.
skanky_hoe On January 18, 2007

Deleted

melbourne, Australia
#3New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 01:47:28
fair enough.
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#4New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 01:53:05
@reiko Said
I don't work for free.

No offense, but that's the problem with the world. People aren't willing to work without some sort of cash payment anymore.

Back in the day, people worked without pay. Why? Because it kept them alive. They would farm and/or hunt and eat food that way, and they would use whatever materials they could find to make shelter and such. There was also a barter system, which is pretty much the same idea as money. Except it focuses on items versus little, worthless pieces of paper and such. I work hard, and I have a few dozen apples left over. I go to the square where people gather, and I find someone who has a nice hat they made that I want, and I see if they will trade me the hat for a few apples. Now, where's the difference between that and a person working at a meaningless job (sowing buttons on thousands of shirts - assembly line, factory job) and then buying the hat from a store that does not need the money you spend on the hat to feed themselves? There isn't much of a difference, except that you trade what you have worked hard on for something that another person worked hard on. Instead of relying on large businesses which cut corners in order to make more money for themselves.

I don't know about anarchy, because even the lack of a government could be considered a type of government, but I think people could do better without a large, nosey, know-it-all brother getting in their way. As long as people were actually willing to work though. Which people are not. It's an ideal, I think . . . not really meant for the whole wide world. People are too stupid and too selfish for such a peaceful thing.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#5New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 01:57:44
Since I live in a city with 8 million people crammed together, farming and hunting isn't an option. I have to go to the store and they don't take apples. Plus I don't think left over apples are going to pay my rent, utilities, clothes and other fun and useful stuff I want.

Deleted

#6New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 02:06:14
@reiko Said
Since I live in a city with 8 million people crammed together, farming and hunting isn't an option. I have to go to the store and they don't take apples. Plus I don't think left over apples are going to pay my rent, utilities, clothes and other fun and useful stuff I want.

It was an example of the bartering system. Just an example.

Also, the whole volunteer thing has to do with doing work that actually needs to be done in a society. Like building houses. Picking up trash. Taking care of people (young or old people). Police jobs. Firefighters. Teachers. These are jobs that need to be done in order to make a productive society. It's not working without pay - it's doing one job and being paid by someone else doing another job. You clean up the trash on the streets of a neighborhood, and in return, the neighbors share some of their food with you and help you whenever you need help.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#7New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 02:10:22
So if those people did all those jobs for free then how are they going to pay their rent, their utilities, buy the things they want or need? people going to make cell phones for free? or cars for free? Or spend the time and resources to develope pharmaceuticals all for free?

Deleted

#8New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 02:15:18
@reiko Said
So if those people did all those jobs for free then how are they going to pay their rent, their utilities, buy the things they want or need? people going to make cell phones for free? or cars for free? Or spend the time and resources to develope pharmaceuticals all for free?

The whole point is to not have a money system. That is the point of anarchy. No government means no money. That means a different way of existing.

With anarchy, people wouldn't have rent to pay. They wouldn't have to pay for utilities, because people would work on the plants and get them running. In return for the use of the utilities, people would give the people who had worked on the plants food and materials for shelter.
odin On November 28, 2006

Toronto, Canada
#9New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 02:18:25
What you are saying is a unified society that works 40 hours a day? Who will equalize the economy? Without a government there would be total economic unbalance because there would be no statutes regulating the economy.
Furthermore there are issues of overpopulation.Even in a governmentally controlled enviroment there is overpopulation society just isnt ready for an anarchic state nor could it handle one.
Just like my previous post in the psychology thread concerning the Stanford Experiment I had used the theory that the persons who ran these experiments as an authoratarian figure. I then compared this to NAZI Germany between 1920-1938.
Adolf was not able to withstand the consequences of the newly created war machine. His newly created society succumbed on the very day that he attacked Poland. Why did Adolf commit scuicide? Because he couldnt face a trial in court. He knew it was over. He was able to create a prosporous country but the war machine was the ultimate downfall of it all.
Adolf authoritarian state to which he ruled through a Fascist Regime between 1927-1938 was an anarchic state slowly climbing out of recession.It was a strictlly formed anarchic state enforced by strict governmental supervision.
It was not a police state as many people thought it was. Adolf disbanded the SA.The only reminents of police enforcment in Germany was Kripo which was the Criminal Detachment and Sipo which was an undercover detachment for specific criminal investigations such as fraud and embezzlement
sleepless3nights On January 02, 2008

Tempe, Arizona
#10New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 02:18:32
The world seems too complicated for anarchy.

It used to be that people worried about survival. They farmed for their food, chopped down trees for heat, and that's pretty much it.

But now there are (like Reiko said) utilities. And companies, and clubs, and warring factions..... There's more to life now than trading apples for a hat. Somebody has to pay for the roads and the bridges and the welfare fund, somebody has to make sure a military is organized in case and emergency happens. That's what the government is for, and that's what a uniform system of money is for.

But I would love to go back to a time when anarchy was more possible.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#11New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 02:18:55
What if they wanted a vaction in Hawaii? Or a brand new plasma TV? or a new car? All that going to be made for free too? Hey I'll pick up the trash on your street if you give me a brand new lexus.

Tempe, Arizona
#12New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 02:22:17
@shaggyjebus Said
No offense, but that's the problem with the world. People aren't willing to work without some sort of cash payment anymore.

It would probably be more popular if other people weren't so eager to cheat and skip out on payment for the work...
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#13New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 02:25:30
Also what If I would like to retire at a young age and not work anymore? I can't do that unless I earn some money to invest.

Deleted

#14New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 02:25:52
Hey, I said that it wasn't possible, but I would like to see a world where it could prosper. It would force people to think about their lives and do work that really meant something. Rather than have and want cell phones and fancy cars and trips to different places. Why not be content with where you live? You can always move. Why always push for something else? Why do people always want something that isn't there?

Alas, I was just trying to explain what a bartering system would be, doing one job in return for another. It could work (if the people were willing and not selfish) up to a point, but once past the point, it wouldn't. Still, can't help feeling that it would be better than this material-oriented world in which we live now. People always want something physical and are never happy with just friends and family and basic needs. It seems that something is wrong with the world when that happens . . .

Tempe, Arizona
#15New Post! Dec 01, 2005 @ 02:29:38
@shaggyjebus Said
Why not be content with where you live? You can always move. Why always push for something else? Why do people always want something that isn't there?

Right on...

@shaggyjebus Said
Still, can't help feeling that it would be better than this material-oriented world in which we live now. People always want something physical and are never happy with just friends and family and basic needs. It seems that something is wrong with the world when that happens . . .

I wish it was different too, but it seems like that's not going to change on a grand scale. Probably the closest we can come is to do small things, like buying a drink for someone who looks thirsty, without expecting repayment. Sort of a small form of anarchy?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs