The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

An "Adult' told me my generation has failed.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>
jthompson3125 On December 13, 2012

Westfield, Massachusetts
#1New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 00:06:24
Just because you're older and your "experience" consists of some degree and several years behind a desk being "safe", does not imply that you know more than me or are by any stretch of the imagination more knowledgeable then I am. So stop bashing my friends and myself for going out and partying, drinking, smoking, getting tattoos, or whatever the hell we decide to do today. We are actually the future for this world and some day will be deciding where you live, and how much "retirement and care" you will receive monthly. Something can be said for real life experience; So why we are out getting it, you can hold on to the world. One day we will inherit it whether you like or not. It is a lot easier passing anti-abortion or anti-contraception laws when you haven't been out experience the kind of heart break both can bring. It is easy to pass a law taxing someone who barely makes enough to live, unless you have been that person. It is very hard to pass strict federal loan laws that make it extremely difficult for students such as myself to get into college and make a living without any student loans. If you consider the "real" world working... How about a full-time job and school on top of that? So keep judging this generation, and telling us we will fail, because we won't. There is a reason we are taking our time to speak up, and that's because you haven't finished hearing yourself talk yet. When you are done, we will not only show you what is wrong but we will walk you through it. My generation is going to get all of them problems you left us in this world, but I don't have a problem with the young kid next to me, or the gangster walking down the street. We all know things need to change, the only ones who don't know are the ones who have to power to change things. So continue on, when it is my time I will stop drinking, and smoking, and getting tattoos because we realize when it is time to be serious. Now excuse me, Mam or Sir (because I am polite), I have a plane to jump out of so I can see the world in a different view.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 00:17:59
Quote:
Just because you're older and your "experience" consists of some degree

leaves me out.
i got no degree
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 00:20:21
Good luck.

I've come to find that only about 3% of the population is free thinking.

The other 97% are a collective wall.

They position themselves to direct you to where they want you to go.

If fixing things isn't on their list of priorities, not a whole lot will get fixed.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#4New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 00:23:44
Isn't this pretty much the same thing that every younger generation has said to the older generation, time and time again, for decades?

Plus, you're 19, legal drinking age in the US is 21, is it not? ....just bugging, now worries.

Westfield, Massachusetts
#5New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 00:59:34
@Willi Said

leaves me out.
i got no degree

This is in response to somebody I was talking to. I am not directing it at anybody in particular but them.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#6New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 01:07:20
@jthompson3125 Said

This is in response to somebody I was talking to. I am not directing it at anybody in particular but them.

no worries.
a rant helps vent out injustice we feel.
us older folks do it to.

Westfield, Massachusetts
#7New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 01:08:28
And I didn't mean to put everybody older than me down. If I did I apologize. I was just writing in response to what someone said to me.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#8New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 01:08:58
@Zker Said

You say you're 19, you hang with "gangstas", you get drunk and stoned, you put down anyone older than you. It'll be my world before it's yours. I wouldn't even hire you at the bar. You'd probably show up late telling me my schedule isn't good enough for you. And then, naturally, you'll want free beer. Go jump out of your airplane.

I'm with ya here. One day this generation will have to wake up to the reality that we are not gonna be there to protect them from a very cold world.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#9New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 01:10:25
@Dark_Tink Said

Isn't this pretty much the same thing that every younger generation has said to the older generation, time and time again, for decades?

Plus, you're 19, legal drinking age in the US is 21, is it not? ....just bugging, now worries.

i remember it well.
we even had music to go with it.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#10New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 01:13:49
@jthompson3125 Said

And I didn't mean to put everybody older than me down. If I did I apologize. I was just writing in response to what someone said to me.

the title says it clear.

an, not all.

Quote:
An "Adult' told me my generation has failed
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#11New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 01:14:34
@jthompson3125 Said

Just because you're older and your "experience" consists of some degree and several years behind a desk being "safe", does not imply that you know more than me or are by any stretch of the imagination more knowledgeable then I am. So stop bashing my friends and myself for going out and partying, drinking, smoking, getting tattoos, or whatever the hell we decide to do today. We are actually the future for this world and some day will be deciding where you live, and how much "retirement and care" you will receive monthly. Something can be said for real life experience; So why we are out getting it, you can hold on to the world. One day we will inherit it whether you like or not. It is a lot easier passing anti-abortion or anti-contraception laws when you haven't been out experience the kind of heart break both can bring. It is easy to pass a law taxing someone who barely makes enough to live, unless you have been that person. It is very hard to pass strict federal loan laws that make it extremely difficult for students such as myself to get into college and make a living without any student loans. If you consider the "real" world working... How about a full-time job and school on top of that? So keep judging this generation, and telling us we will fail, because we won't. There is a reason we are taking our time to speak up, and that's because you haven't finished hearing yourself talk yet. When you are done, we will not only show you what is wrong but we will walk you through it. My generation is going to get all of them problems you left us in this world, but I don't have a problem with the young kid next to me, or the gangster walking down the street. We all know things need to change, the only ones who don't know are the ones who have to power to change things. So continue on, when it is my time I will stop drinking, and smoking, and getting tattoos because we realize when it is time to be serious. Now excuse me, Mam or Sir (because I am polite), I have a plane to jump out of so I can see the world in a different view.

Well I'll give you this, your teachers should be proud. You've got very good writing skills. As for the rest, well, the rebellion and spirit of youth should be something one holds on to with all their might.

You should be fine.

Just be safe and be smart.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 01:17:23
It's your world now. Just don't screw it up like we have. Good luck.

Westfield, Massachusetts
#13New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 01:19:08
@LuckyCharms Said

Well I'll give you this, your teachers should be proud. You've got very good writing skills. As for the rest, well, the rebellion and spirit of youth should be something one holds on to with all their might.

You should be fine.

Just be safe and be smart.

Well there are definitely some bad spelling mistakes in there.

I figured this was a rant section and I would be safe from getting hated on, but I guess I was wrong.

I just feel defensive for people my age.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#14New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 01:22:14
@jthompson3125 Said

I figured this was a rant section and I would be safe from getting hated on, but I guess I was wrong.

Only a few.

It's normal to feel defensive - especially about things that have yet to be able to be judged.

As far as I'm concerned, you can't do much worse than the old jackasses that are currently in power. At least we can hope.

Every generation f***s up one thing and fixes something else. It's the nature of the beast.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#15New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 01:25:47
@LuckyCharms Said

spirit of youth should be something one holds on to with all their might.

i lose it from time to time.
but yep, never grow old in spirit.

@jthompson3125 Said

so did i at 19.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs