An open letter to Simon Cowell, UK music industry and the UK media

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 22:55:30
https://saveourmusicindustry.com/

I can't really disagree with anything said there.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 23:18:45
Very well said, I agree with most if not all of it.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#3New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 00:04:38
I think X-Factor should really concentrate on people who write and perform their own songs, not cover songs
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#4New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 00:23:27
At one time the Christmas no1 spot was something a bit special. It was something bands would give up their granny to get - I've never quite got why personally, but it was a bit like winning the FA Cup of pop music. It was also a prize that it was felt anyone could get - because the novelty records had just as good a chance, people would shamelessly go out and buy that one off wonder by "Santas Balls and the Snowmen" singing a rock version of Jingle Bells or whatever.

Now though it means squat! It's been hijacked by the sodding X Factor. Well, I love watching that show, it's celebration of all that is cheap and cheesy - but I don't agree with their cynical release to "steal" that special slot. Because of the massive advertisement of it being on that show, and because of the dire condition the music industry is in, idiots will go out and buy whatever puke is released by the X Factor, and it always steals that spot. The Christmas no1 slot now means absolutely nothing as a result.

Anyway, how would the judges know what it's like to be a good singer. The only one with any singing talent on the panel was Danni Minogue (Yes I know EXACTLY what I'm saying there)
Johnny_shade On October 28, 2011

Casper, Wyoming
#5New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 02:23:08
If I knew anything about that, or lived in the UK, then I might have had something to say about it... But, of course, the same kind of corporate BS is rampant in the US. To be honest, I've always been quite skeptical of Rage against the machine. Yes, they have some strong rebellious political views, but it all seems quite hypocritical to me since they're on a major label
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs