News & Current Events

American idiots fighting over Nike Air Jordan "retro" shoes

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#16New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 16:55:17
@CausaMortis Said

Whoever said anything about "controlling anyone?" I wouldn't want their first amendment rights abridged anymore than I would want mine. My point is racism is very much alive and well on the internet, and you can cut it with a knife whenever these types of videos show up.

Some people call things as they see 'em. Some try to pretend bad feelings don't exist and get upset when they find out otherwise.
CausaMortis On April 20, 2012

San Antonio, Texas
#17New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 17:12:00
@hoppy Said

Some people call things as they see 'em. Some try to pretend bad feelings don't exist and get upset when they find out otherwise.

Hoppy don't patronize me, you're talking to someone who grew up in the ghetto, been to war, seen much of the world, as well as studied at some of the most pretigious institutions in this country.

You're intentionally missing my original point (emphasis here) that many of the people who watch these video clips, then post about them, come across as vitriolic, racist, and angry as evident by their very words on an anonymous platform. Again this is not representative of the entire country, but rather a segment of it that seems to relish in these types of videos. If you refuse to accept that and bury your head in the sand, then so be it, but it doesn't make it any less true.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 17:29:47
A man was stabbed and killed at an IKEA sale in London a few years back over a couch.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#19New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 17:57:32
@MAW Said

You never see that with crocs.

lefty On July 19, 2018
AKA: friendlybear

Oh, Canada
#20New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 18:04:30
@hoppy Said

I was only interested in the article and didn't read the comments until now. You can't control what people think.

Maybe you personally can't Hoppy, but someone definitely can.

This thread is all the proof I need.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#21New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 18:26:19
Friggin animals! ANYone who behaves that way over material things.
Disgusting.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#22New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 18:28:53
I don't care what race the people are and I do not care what item the people are fighting over, its disgusting people act in this manner. There have been a lot of things in life I wanted, but to harm someone over a purse, shoes etc, I have never wanted anything that badly. Disgusting.

San Antonio, Texas
#23New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 18:41:54
Is it any worse than the Vancouver riots when the Canucks lost the Stanley cup, and people started breaking into stores and looting them, without the courtesy of paying for the merchandise? Then the UK had their own problems with looters.

I think this is a lot to do about nothing.
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#24New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 18:56:59
@CausaMortis Said

We "get" it, you don't care for this post.

What part part of this comment in the OP did YOU not "get"?

"Predictably, some crybabies want to hold Nike and or Michael Jordan accountable" ~snip~

Here's a tip "Accountability" is the main idea to those with a modicum of reading comprehension skill-not watching violent videos on Youtube.

San Antonio, Texas
#25New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 19:04:01
@Charlemagne Said

Here's a tip "Accountability" is the main idea to those with a modicum of reading comprehension skill-not watching violent videos on Youtube.

What exactly do you plan to hold these people "accountable" for? Gross, inappropriate display of manners or rampant display of materialism? Exactly which one broke what law?
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#26New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 19:07:50
@CausaMortis Said

What exactly do you plan to hold these people "accountable" for? Gross, inappropriate display of manners or rampant display of materialism? Exactly which one broke what law?

Accountability for Nike and Michael Jordan - Whoosh....

never mind.

San Antonio, Texas
#27New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 19:12:17
@Charlemagne Said

Accountability for Nike and Michael Jordan - Whoosh....

never mind.

That doesn't answer the question.

What exactly should we hold Nike and particularly Michael Jordan accountable for?

Let's go get 'em tiger, but first we gotta deduce what they are exactly responsible for, especially as it applies to Michael Jordan. Is it possible to hold Michael Jordan responsible for subversive use of the Jedi Mind Trick perpetrated on the masses?
lefty On July 19, 2018
AKA: friendlybear

Oh, Canada
#28New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 19:23:02
@CausaMortis Said

Is it any worse than the Vancouver riots when the Canucks lost the Stanley cup, and people started breaking into stores and looting them, without the courtesy of paying for the merchandise? Then the UK had their own problems with looters.

I don't think that the degree of violence and greed in a given situation is a defining factor in it's importance.

I think that this story is a sorry reflection on the decline of morality in the world.

If that means nothing to you, then you are a part of the problem.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#29New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 19:33:50
@CausaMortis Said

It appears from some of the comments, this has turned into a race thing and I honestly do not understand why. Almost all of the people I saw in the footage of the Vancouver Stanley Cup riot were white and I thought they were fools and that their actions were disgusting just as I find the actions of fighting someone and killing someone over a pair of freaking shoes disgusting.

Like I said, I do not care about color and I do not care about what people are fighting over, a hockey game loss or a pair of shoes, its disgusting we harm people over things like this. I think its messed up people resort to this behavior over a pair of shoes and since you mention it, its just as messed up to riot over a hockey game. I can say that, I am Canadian. Hockey is not a thing to riot over.

San Antonio, Texas
#30New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 19:39:05
@lefty Said

I don't think that the degree of violence and greed in a given situation is a defining factor in it's importance.

I think that this story is a sorry reflection on the decline of morality in the world.

If that means nothing to you, then you are a part of the problem.

I don't think it's a reflection of anything really.

Look here is what I see when I look at these clips. I see a bunch of hysterical shoppers, waiting outside a department store doors, security opens the doors, and a flurry of chaotic shoppers flood through the doors, and eagerly buy up all the inventory. Somewhere along the lines of the flood of people rushing through the doors, the crowd inadvertently rips the doors off the hinges. Then later some of the customers are seen bragging that they were one of the lucky ones to purchase the product.

That in my mind is a fairly adequate description of what I see on these videos. How that makes me "part of the problem," I have no idea.

I think if anyone ought to be charged with breaking the law it should be the retailers who are responsible for inviting a public nuisance and failure to provide adequate security measures. It should have never gotten to that point. Security should have been posted outside the doors, patrons allowed inside in an orderly fashion. Ten go out/ten come in. It was a total failure to plan on the part of the retailers. No doubt these stores also violated the State's fire code for maximum allowable occupancy. What many people seem intent on doing is placing the blame squarely on the part of the customers, I can't for the life of me figure out a solitary crime any of them committed. Perhaps some of them could have displayed better manners, but that's not a crime, nor does any of it shock of moral values.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs