The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
US Elections

America voted for *change* but republicans snivel & squeal about spending.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
KrazyKatz On April 09, 2009

On the road again., California
#1New Post! Feb 06, 2009 @ 15:54:04
So. What do you think are the odds that we get a *real* depression while the republicans drag their feet, squeal, talk, jabber about *more* tax cuts. *More* tax cuts!!!
That sure worked good so far! Look where we are now.
All for more tax cuts say aye. All for jobs and a real rescue plan say nay. Runaway train. Bridge's OUT. What now?
I'm leaning more and more towards depression.
So, they say, "What me worry?"
Please. Alfred E. Newman. ( et al )

Blah blah blah... 8) Wit De KrazyKatz
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#2New Post! Feb 06, 2009 @ 16:17:55
Maybe because they dont feel to continue spending is going to help, it didnt work in Japan, they tried it, what helped them was lowering taxes,
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Feb 06, 2009 @ 16:23:56
b/c before it was just wasteful spending and discrimination against religion, rather than creating and saving jobs.
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#4New Post! Feb 06, 2009 @ 16:51:51
News just in at polling report.com....nobama down to 62% approval rating for the period Feb 2- Feb 4. CBS news poll. (approve or disapprove of the way he is handling his job as president.)

Steady decline.
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Feb 06, 2009 @ 16:54:05
@crankshaft Said

News just in at polling report.com....nobama down to 62% approval rating for the period Feb 2- Feb 4. CBS news poll. (approve or disapprove of the way he is handling his job as president.)

Steady decline.

I must say, it's pretty funny that people think they can have an accurate rating of the president when he hasn't been office for even a month yet.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#6New Post! Feb 06, 2009 @ 17:04:52
Up until last night, I was very willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and had a wait-and-see attitude. His little 'talk' to the gathering of Democrats, for me, was an eye-opening exposition of the partisan treachery that he choses to perpetrate in the name of 'change.'

I have lost any respect for the man. He talks a good line, but he'll stick a knife in your back.... His words, last night, demonstrated that he is not interested in working together in a bi-partisan fashion, and his focus, now, is to foist a s***-load of debt onto all of us, disguised as "Stimulus" when, in reality, it is nothing more than partisan pork, or as he called it, Spending [What do you think stimulus is???]!!!! This is not change, people. This is more of the same old political extortion that has been going on, and on, and on.
Boppin_Guy On March 01, 2024

No Place,
#7New Post! Feb 06, 2009 @ 17:58:18
@KrazyKatz Said

So. What do you think are the odds that we get a *real* depression while the republicans drag their feet, squeal, talk, jabber about *more* tax cuts. *More* tax cuts!!!
All for more tax cuts say aye. All for jobs and a real rescue plan say nay. Runaway train. Bridge's OUT. What now?
So, they say, "What me worry?"
Please. Alfred E. Newman. ( et al )

Blah blah blah... 8) Wit De KrazyKatz

Republicans?! The Democrats are the ones trying to get that s***ty pork-filled stimulus package to pass.
Part-time Nidologist

#8New Post! Feb 06, 2009 @ 18:24:48
One of many pertinent comments on this latest twist:

Every time Obama comes under a vicious (and legitimate) attack, he assembles his "Giggle Brigade." He gives a prepared speech, and an audience full of his supporters laughs at every statement he makes. This reminds me of the old live television sitcoms where a light would come on telling the audience when to laugh or applaud. For efficiency sake, he should just use a laughtrack. This isn't "political muscle." Obama is showing his desperation. There is most certainly a difference between "spending" and "stimulus." If this dolt doesn't understand the difference, he can send ME the $900 billion, and I will promise to spend it in stimulating ways.

Source: read on!
skottie On September 23, 2009

Deleted

, Texas
#9New Post! Feb 06, 2009 @ 18:27:43
@KrazyKatz Said

The doctors have pills that will help with your depression.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#10New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 00:02:58
I wonder if the Republicans can tax cut their way to better levees in New Orleans.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#11New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 00:04:24
@Saegespaene Said

Up until last night, I was very willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and had a wait-and-see attitude. His little 'talk' to the gathering of Democrats, for me, was an eye-opening exposition of the partisan treachery that he choses to perpetrate in the name of 'change.'

I have lost any respect for the man. He talks a good line, but he'll stick a knife in your back.... His words, last night, demonstrated that he is not interested in working together in a bi-partisan fashion, and his focus, now, is to foist a s***-load of debt onto all of us, disguised as "Stimulus" when, in reality, it is nothing more than partisan pork, or as he called it, Spending [What do you think stimulus is???]!!!! This is not change, people. This is more of the same old political extortion that has been going on, and on, and on.

His mistake was putting tax cuts in the bill, then he lost his ability to negotiate with the Republicans over the republican crack known as tax cuts. The fact that they're in there in the first place shows he's trying to be bi-partisan.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#12New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 00:34:48
@eL_TinO Said

His mistake was putting tax cuts in the bill, then he lost his ability to negotiate with the Republicans over the republican crack known as tax cuts. The fact that they're in there in the first place shows he's trying to be bi-partisan.

yeah, it's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation. If he doesn't put them in there to start with, he loses credibility on his whole bipartisan campaigning, and if he does, he looses negotiating cards.
Part-time Nidologist

#13New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 00:40:53
@eL_TinO Said

This guy claims he will be running a transparent administration.... I've got a copy of the bill, as put before the Senate, and tried to read through it, last night. If the same old legalese is what you what to call transparent, we might as well all be packing up our things for the big ride into the sky....

If it somehow passes in both houses, and is signed, it will be three weeks (at least!) before the man on the street even begins to understand what has been done to him and his offspring.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#14New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 00:42:44
@Saegespaene Said

This guy claims he will be running a transparent administration.... I've got a copy of the bill, as put before the Senate, and tried to read through it, last night. If the same old legalese is what you what to call transparent, we might as well all be packing up our things for the big ride into the sky....

If it somehow passes in both houses, and is signed, it will be three weeks (at least!) before the man on the street even begins to understand what has been done to him and his offspring.

recovery.gov

Were you concerned about bush budgets before the fact? Do you know what happened to them after the fact?
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#15New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 00:45:08
The transparency isn't about how the bills are written, it's about posting them on government websites for at least 5 days of public scrutiny before signing them. Given that you have a full copy of the bill and are able to read through it in entirety yourself just like any Senator can means there is indeed plenty of transparency.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs