Here and there,
#76New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 15:21:35
@plainoldme Said
I stand corrected.
Voting 2006.
Total for USA 37.0% voted.
District of Columbia 25.3% voted
Texas 25.6% voted

Not my statistics - your own governments.

What elections are those?

Turnout in mid-term elections is always low. Turnout in presidential elections is usually over 50%.

So your statement is more accurately put "70% of your citizens don't vote [in mid-term elections]"
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#77New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 15:58:03
@telstar Said
I think America is sinking into Communism, they are killing off the middle class, and preparing for the take over, there will only be the very rich, and the very poor.

If we keep voting liberal yep that?s what its headed to. Big government then they can control.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#78New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 15:59:23
@familygirl Said
If we keep voting liberal yep that?s what its headed to. Big government then they can control.

Don't look now, but the "conservative" administration that's been in the past 8 years (and the next 4 if McCain wins) have done more privacy invasion and spent more money than any previous "liberal" administration.

Angleton,
#79New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 16:18:46
@jonnythan Said
Don't look now, but the "conservative" administration that's been in the past 8 years (and the next 4 if McCain wins) have done more privacy invasion and spent more money than any previous "liberal" administration.

I?m not going to pretend I even know the extent of how far the government has gone into invading Americans privacy, I really don?t know. How ever I don?t think it?s a coincidence that we haven?t been attacked since 911.

It does seem however the more control the government gets the more they screw everything up. Yeah things like government health care, that scares the hell out of me. The liberal talking about everyone being equal? Well everyone is not equal. For example I in no way feel I should make what a Dr makes.

My point is it just seems everything the government get their hands on they f*** it up. (and that seems to be all parties)

Judging by the job done so far, I feel the smaller our government is the better off we will all be.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#80New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 16:20:55
@familygirl Said
Judging by the job done so far, I feel the smaller our government is the better off we will all be.

I agree 100%, which is why I specifically don't support McCain or Obama.

And why I didn't support Bush. Or Clinton. Or Kerry. Or Gore.

The Republican Party stopped being the party of small government after the first Bush.

It's anything but at the moment. Saying that you are a big supporter of small government after you proclaim to support Bush or McCain smacks of pure cognitive dissonance.

Angleton,
#81New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 16:25:25
@jonnythan Said
I agree 100%, which is why I specifically don't support McCain or Obama.

And why I didn't support Bush. Or Clinton. Or Kerry. Or Gore.

The Republican Party stopped being the party of small government after the first Bush.

It's anything but at the moment. Saying that you are a big supporter of small government after you proclaim to support Bush or McCain smacks of pure cognitive dissonance.

When I vote I always vote whom I think is the lesser of 2 evils.
I think Bush gets all the blame when its not all him. I don't think thats so fair. Not really a big McCain supporter either. But again the lesser of the two evils.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#82New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 16:26:51
@familygirl Said
When I vote I always vote whom I think is the lesser of 2 evils.
I think Bush gets all the blame when its not all him. I don't think thats so fair. Not really a big McCain supporter either. But again the lesser of the two evils.

There are more than two choices.

Vote for the person you feel would make the best President. By the sound of your posts, you should be an ardent supporter of Ron Paul.

He's even from your own state.

Angleton,
#83New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 17:18:40
@jonnythan Said
There are more than two choices.

Vote for the person you feel would make the best President. By the sound of your posts, you should be an ardent supporter of Ron Paul.

He's even from your own state.

I would if I didn't feel it would be a wasted vote.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#84New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 17:41:19
Ron Paul wont win
even if almost ever American citizen votes for him.
Am I missing something Jon?
Since when has the average American's vote for the president counted for anything?

And yeah small government!
Despot for life, I vote me!
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#85New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 17:44:03
@familygirl Said

I always thought voting for a candidate of one of the two major parties was more of a wasted vote, unless you truly support that person 100%.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#86New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 17:47:17
@familygirl Said

It won't be wasted because you'll be voting your conscience rather than for the lesser of two evils. If enough people vote for a write in, at least a message will be sent.

Fukitall, Arizona
#87New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 17:48:31
Wont it in fact be wasted,
you know? Since the popular vote doesn't really count for anything.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#88New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 17:54:38
@adrinachrome Said
Wont it in fact be wasted,
you know? Since the popular vote doesn't really count for anything.

Voting for a third party candidate? It shows that a large amount of people support a candidate and hopefully draws attention to some of the issues that candidate is pushing most for. It is a voter voting for the person they'd most like to see in office, not settling for the lesser of two evils.

If they're both "evil" I wouldn't vote for either of them. But if I did for some reason, and the candidate I voted for won, I wouldn't consider it a "victory" for myself so I'm not really sure what I would gain from it.

Fukitall, Arizona
#89New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 17:59:26
@annski729 Said
Voting for a third party candidate? It shows that a large amount of people support a candidate and hopefully draws attention to some of the issues that candidate is pushing most for. It is a voter voting for the person they'd most like to see in office, not settling for the lesser of two evils.

If they're both "evil" I wouldn't vote for either of them. But if I did for some reason, and the candidate I voted for won, I wouldn't consider it a "victory" for myself so I'm not really sure what I would gain from it.

No...voting for ANYONE in the presidential elections is a waste, I mean right? I was under the impression that the electoral college chooses the president. The popular vote is... I don't know, a pacifier?
It more important to vote in your local elections, props, ect. I mean at least then they count...
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#90New Post! Jul 28, 2008 @ 18:18:20
@adrinachrome Said
No...voting for ANYONE in the presidential elections is a waste, I mean right? I was under the impression that the electoral college chooses the president. The popular vote is... I don't know, a pacifier?

It more important to vote in your local elections, props, ect. I mean at least then they count...

Um, the poular vote in each state is what determines the electoral vote.

You should learn about the process. Popular vote in each state determines that state's winner. Overall popular vote across the whole nation is meaningless.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs