Amanda Knox found guilty

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#1New Post! Dec 05, 2009 @ 01:37:08
What on earth was the jury thinking? There was literally no evidence.

"After one of the most closely-watched trials in Italy, an American college student and her former Italian boyfriend were found guilty of murdering her housemate two years ago in this picturesque university town."

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/05/world/europe/05italy.html?_r=1&hp
Darroll On April 26, 2012

salem, Oregon
#2New Post! Dec 05, 2009 @ 01:41:28
It?s called politics.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 05, 2009 @ 01:42:35
Wasn't there? All the reports I read in the paper said they all expected her to be found guilty.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#4New Post! Dec 05, 2009 @ 01:57:08
The part that gets me is the jury wasn't sequestered. They were allowed to watch any news they wanted to. Also, get influenced by any outside faction that had an agenda.

J.R.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#5New Post! Dec 05, 2009 @ 02:04:22
Just read the Guardian article on the trial. Seems fair enough to me, though I don't know anything about the Italian court system.

Apparently she changed her story repeatedly throughout police questioning, was on drugs and was laughing when the body was taken away by the police.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#6New Post! Dec 05, 2009 @ 02:05:54
I really haven't followed this case but wasn't Casey Anthony charged with the murder of her daughter and other counts against her BEFORE they got all evidence. She was charged and indicted by a grand jury with first degree murder befor the child's body was found, she was charged with child neglect which was dropped then recharged etc. She got life in prison but when the child's body was found, the state indicted her again and is asking for the death penalty

IDK...I could be wrong, i didn't follow it closely.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#7New Post! Dec 05, 2009 @ 07:32:52
@boobagins Said

I really haven't followed this case but wasn't Casey Anthony charged with the murder of her daughter and other counts against her BEFORE they got all evidence. She was charged and indicted by a grand jury with first degree murder befor the child's body was found, she was charged with child neglect which was dropped then recharged etc. She got life in prison but when the child's body was found, the state indicted her again and is asking for the death penalty

IDK...I could be wrong, i didn't follow it closely.

I don't know, but what does Casy Anthony have to do with this?
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#8New Post! Dec 05, 2009 @ 07:33:32
@jmo Said

Just read the Guardian article on the trial. Seems fair enough to me, though I don't know anything about the Italian court system.

Apparently she changed her story repeatedly throughout police questioning, was on drugs and was laughing when the body was taken away by the police.

So, which of those things make her a murderer?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#9New Post! Dec 05, 2009 @ 12:20:51
@eL_TinO Said

So, which of those things make her a murderer?

The fact the jury found her guilty.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#10New Post! Dec 05, 2009 @ 18:41:36
@eL_TinO Said

What on earth was the jury thinking? There was literally no evidence.

@eL_TinO Said

I don't know, but what does Casy Anthony have to do with this?

When you say there was literally no evidence. It just reminded me of the Casey Anthony case where she was indicted before all the evidence was accumulated. There was some, but not enough to completely charge her for first degree murder.
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#11New Post! Dec 06, 2009 @ 08:46:18
@jmo Said

The fact the jury found her guilty.

Well, that's circular logic if I ever saw it. Figures.

@boobagins Said

When you say there was literally no evidence. It just reminded me of the Casey Anthony case where she was indicted before all the evidence was accumulated. There was some, but not enough to completely charge her for first degree murder.

Well charges/indictments typically do come before convictions.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#12New Post! Dec 06, 2009 @ 09:11:11
I watched more of it on 48 hour mystery and I must say, their "trials" are a joke. You cannot allow the jurors to leave at the be of the day and hear/read gossip and pure speculation. Here we have hearings as to what evidence can and can't be introduced. They tainted the jury.

There are a lot of other things as to why their trials are biased against the defense.

Right now I can say that I doubt she would have been convicted in Canada or America.

Where is the proof beyond all reasonable doubt? I was not convinced. I believe she was forced into a confession. It happens all the time.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Dec 06, 2009 @ 09:27:59
From a quick read of wiki there wasn't really much that tied her into the murder at all.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Dec 06, 2009 @ 10:10:50
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8396433.stm this is quite an interesting article.

I tend to agree that the whole trial has not actually shed any light on what actually happened.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#15New Post! Dec 06, 2009 @ 16:14:17
If a trial finds her guitly they obviously saw sufficient evidence to prosecute her. They would have looked this in far more detail than any of us have and the impression I've had from the media (the only source I have any real access to) gives that she was guilty. She was apparently a 'she-devil' too.

Love the fact the court was allowed to call her that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs