Relationships

Am I stopping myself?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Mar 19, 2019 @ 02:54:55
I wish I could say this is the last time I will make a relationship post asking possible repeated questions, but this is a promise I cannot make at the moment .

I am wondering if I am stopping myself from being in a relationship. While social anxiety is the obvious (just remembered that one thread). One idea that just came to me is that another reason (possibly a stronger reason) is my internal sexual desires. Sometimes I make attempts to pursue them, then get hit with a lot of guilt. Afterwards, I tell myself this is why I'm single. Am I truly stopping myself? Is it in my head, or is Karma, or the entity I serve causing this?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Mar 19, 2019 @ 18:14:50
One question to ask is why you feel guilt over them.
Electric_Banana On about 6 hours ago

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Mar 19, 2019 @ 23:16:39
Pat, despite your Christian beliefs the 'devil' in our heads is necessary (if functioning properly) it protects us from getting ourselves hurt and it accesses external knowledge.

Truth be told I think there are not as many innocent people out there as we could hope for but there are some out there.

True love is found easier when we seek out those who could use our company; people who are legitimately lonely perhaps because they are not highly attractive, socially adept or have some sort of quirk or uncanniness that makes them hard for most others to understand

And learning to set aside ego of how one should express themselves in order to better try and understand people is the second key to finding a genuine person for a genuine life-long partnership.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#4New Post! Mar 20, 2019 @ 03:23:52
@Eaglebauer Said

One question to ask is why you feel guilt over them.

Well....... These desires are most likely considered socially unacceptable.

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Mar 21, 2019 @ 04:31:14
Ok...I really had to come back with this (sorry)

Don't deceive your free will at all

---> YOU have to *work* to succeed

An owner of a lonely heart
is much better than an owner of a broken heart

There are predators among us who wish to arrest our development long before we wake up and realize we have wings.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Mar 21, 2019 @ 15:12:12
@Cpat92 Said

I wish I could say this is the last time I will make a relationship post asking possible repeated questions, but this is a promise I cannot make at the moment .

I am wondering if I am stopping myself from being in a relationship. While social anxiety is the obvious (just remembered that one thread). One idea that just came to me is that another reason (possibly a stronger reason) is my internal sexual desires. Sometimes I make attempts to pursue them, then get hit with a lot of guilt. Afterwards, I tell myself this is why I'm single. Am I truly stopping myself? Is it in my head, or is Karma, or the entity I serve causing this?

Since this isn't in the man talk forum , I'm going to put in my two cents.
I don't know what "entity" you serve be it christian or other , if in the 'rules' of serving this entity its taught that its wrong to be act on 'sexual desires' then yes that probably does have a bearing on your not pursuing a relationship.
From reading your posts , I say you aren't willing to settle for the first one that crosses your path or for that matter, just anyone that comes along.
I'm thinking its that you are waiting for the right one , and as long as you aren't hiding in your apartment with the drapes shut , then you have a good chance of meeting the right one .
But I could be off base with JMHO
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Mar 21, 2019 @ 23:19:31
@white_swan53 Said

Since this isn't in the man talk forum , I'm going to put in my two cents.
I don't know what "entity" you serve be it christian or other , if in the 'rules' of serving this entity its taught that its wrong to be act on 'sexual desires' then yes that probably does have a bearing on your not pursuing a relationship.
From reading your posts , I say you aren't willing to settle for the first one that crosses your path or for that matter, just anyone that comes along.
I'm thinking its that you are waiting for the right one , and as long as you aren't hiding in your apartment with the drapes shut , then you have a good chance of meeting the right one .
But I could be off base with JMHO

Thank you for your opinion. I put it here mainly because I didn't want only a males viewpoint. That being said, I'm glad you gave your opinion.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8New Post! Mar 21, 2019 @ 23:20:10
@Electric_Banana Said

Ok...I really had to come back with this (sorry)

Don't deceive your free will at all

---> YOU have to *work* to succeed

An owner of a lonely heart
is much better than an owner of a broken heart

There are predators among us who wish to arrest our development long before we wake up and realize we have wings.

I haven't heard that phrase before. That is very interesting. I'm going to remember it.

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Mar 22, 2019 @ 15:27:06
@Cpat92 Said

I haven't heard that phrase before. That is very interesting. I'm going to remember it.

'You have to function properly in order to succeed'

I think you're joking about not recognizing the reference but here's the video if necessary

Christians call it 'Awakening'; Philosophers call it 'Existential Crisis' and other religionists simply say that they need to quit their jobs for awhile as God has called them to start their pilgrimage.

Either way the doldrums of menial work in a cold, superficial and meaningless society seems almost intended to get people to start asking bigger questions (so their brains don't otherwise shut down from boredom)

Most people who begin thinking and realize that their friends, family, past romances all served (accidentally or intentionally) as detriment to truer ambitions and passions we were otherwise instilled with.

Thus most people go through life only knowing it as a colorful as the factory walls they look at each and every day while, somewhere, in the back of their minds is the knowledge or art to become a bigger/better thing for themselves or even society as well.

Note at the end of the video the man wakes up among the nameless, faceless, many again only to now remember that he's been made for more sophisticated things.

YES, being a rock band, may have also had those military fathers that Twisted Sister warned us about; cursing them each day of their teen lives demanding they put down their 'electric twangers' and learn how to use an M16.

You've been seeing what people do with M16s nowadays, eh?

Anyways
I believe there are many people out there who would prefer
steady company but in the social arena a lot of people
we come by seem to serve as flak to slow us down
from rising to become anything more than underpaid,
desperate and subservient for our entire life.

So don't take any one person too seriously
and also be prepared to have to weed through MANY people.
They say not to look for love but the weeding is far too slow if you don't
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#10New Post! Mar 23, 2019 @ 00:44:11
@Electric_Banana Said

'You have to function properly in order to succeed'

I think you're joking about not recognizing the reference but here's the video if necessary

Christians call it 'Awakening'; Philosophers call it 'Existential Crisis' and other religionists simply say that they need to quit their jobs for awhile as God has called them to start their pilgrimage.

Either way the doldrums of menial work in a cold, superficial and meaningless society seems almost intended to get people to start asking bigger questions (so their brains don't otherwise shut down from boredom)

Most people who begin thinking and realize that their friends, family, past romances all served (accidentally or intentionally) as detriment to truer ambitions and passions we were otherwise instilled with.

Thus most people go through life only knowing it as a colorful as the factory walls they look at each and every day while, somewhere, in the back of their minds is the knowledge or art to become a bigger/better thing for themselves or even society as well.

Note at the end of the video the man wakes up among the nameless, faceless, many again only to now remember that he's been made for more sophisticated things.

YES, being a rock band, may have also had those military fathers that Twisted Sister warned us about; cursing them each day of their teen lives demanding they put down their 'electric twangers' and learn how to use an M16.

You've been seeing what people do with M16s nowadays, eh?

Anyways
I believe there are many people out there who would prefer
steady company but in the social arena a lot of people
we come by seem to serve as flak to slow us down
from rising to become anything more than underpaid,
desperate and subservient for our entire life.

So don't take any one person too seriously
and also be prepared to have to weed through MANY people.
They say not to look for love but the weeding is far too slow if you don't

I was referring to the lonely heart quote actually. I heard the one you quoted above.

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 13:08:56
@Cpat92 Said

I was referring to the lonely heart quote actually. I heard the one you quoted above.

Oh yeah, it's better to be lonely but still ready for the right person rather than get broken and b**** slap the right person across the pie hole when they finally come around.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#12New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 18:28:16
@Electric_Banana Said

Oh yeah, it's better to be lonely but still ready for the right person rather than get broken and b**** slap the right person across the pie hole when they finally come around.

I don't want to push the right one away.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs