Forums:
Q & A

Am I even in the right place?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
PatrickAnthony On January 05, 2017

Saskatoon, Canada
#1New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 11:21:21
I want to talk. I want to discuss. The recent discussion I am in has three/four people joking back and forth stuck right in the middle of it and has become the bulk of the posts within that thread. Is their no rule about staying on topic?

I had been looking for a place that was not all memes and emotes.

Wrong place?
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#2New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 11:41:19
@PatrickAnthony Said

I want to talk. I want to discuss. The recent discussion I am in has three/four people joking back and forth stuck right in the middle of it and has become the bulk of the posts within that thread. Is their no rule about staying on topic?

Wrong place?

You're looking for a debate forum, bud. These threads are more like conversations then arguements and any good conversation takes on a life of its own, right?

Still, you could choose to only respond to the argument. Just because someone has joked does not mean that the topic has become invalid.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#3New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 11:53:26
Go with the flow dude.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#4New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 15:08:41
Hmmm. Let me check the terms of service (TOS) that functions as the rules around here.

Terms of service - also conveniently located at the bottom of each page.

No, there is not a rule about forcibly keeping people on topic.
It's sort of like getting a cat to do exactly what you want. Some days the laser pointer works, other days not so much.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#5New Post! Dec 31, 2016 @ 17:48:30
It also depends whether it's a 'Be Respectful' or if 'Some Rudeness' is allowed.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Dec 31, 2016 @ 18:09:42
@PatrickAnthony Said

Is their no rule about staying on topic?

Ahhh the Forum Police have arrived.

Let's repress the freedom of expression!

@PatrickAnthony Said

It would seem that you have been participating in propagating "memes" (and maybe "emotes" ) about "feminism".

It also seems that you now want to dictate what others say and think...maybe so you "win"....

@PatrickAnthony Said

Wrong place?

Only you can decide this grasshopper.

I will say that if "you" want to promote ideas that are repressive in nature (or appear to be repressive), you are probably going to get ganged up on here.

TFS is like a dysfunctional family.... some of us get along most of the time, some of use don't get along most of the time, some of us get along some of the time....all depending on the topic and opinion.

But, we also like to have fun....and make fun of each other for the silly things we have said and done over the years...

Also, you kind of need to suck it up around here, if you have a thin skin you are going to suffer from some severe rashes around here.

And finally....people around here, for the most part, like to fact check things. If you expect to post something and just have people believe you, you will be disappointed.

(And generally speaking YouTube vids by people expressing their opinions are not viewed as legitimate sources of either facts or news.)

Now if you want to pretend like you are having a meaningful philosophical discussion which is based on people agreeing with you because you think that you have some genius insights into the fabric of the universe and mankind...you should probably get together with some friends an smoke a joint at which point you can all be truly awed by your ability to solve the worlds problems, if only the world would just listen to you.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#7New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 15:25:29
Sometimes Chaski is nice, and sometimes not so nice!
Chaski's always a cool cucumber. Hey, we're entitled to joke in here, right? :plobonga:

But, Chaski's family - and once you get to know us, we're a good group of people. Best thing to do, go with the flow - others will eventually get back to the Original Post(OP)/issue if you respond repeatedly 'in kind'. If they don't, it's kind of a message that others for the time being at least - don't want to go there. Generally, someone will, but ...nothing is for certain.

Ohhhh, I am using a newer/different computer, so will try quoting again see if it processes faster then it did.

Chaski: yup, it was just a matter of time before we got hit with the forum police again. siiggghhhhh!
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8New Post! Jan 02, 2017 @ 04:57:38
@PatrickAnthony Said

To be honest, what you, apparently, have been looking for was...

1. People that completely agree with you.

Or

2. People that don't agree with you, but don't actually know how to either debate, nor base their arguments on facts or logic, so that you can pretend like you "WON!".

You, apparently, were never "looking for a place" to actually have a meaningful exchange of ideas nor debate base on either logic and/or reason and/or facts.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Jan 02, 2017 @ 09:54:59
@PatrickAnthony Said

Wrong place?

TFS is kinda like your parent's basement. There are three dudes posting here who are pretty hot for attention and have umpteen user accounts a piece.

Aside from them I'm gathering that there are less than twenty other genuine posters.

So I should prolly warn that if you came here hoping to meet the love of your life who you can move away to some foreign country to be with ...your princess can be found easier in other castles.

I just use this forum to drop random thoughts and run with half expectation that some people (other than Hollywood) will benefit.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Jan 02, 2017 @ 10:45:50
Allow me to offer you a program for the TFS Opera

I. A poster will allure us with his/her consideration of suicide

II. Several other posters will ignore the testament completely and just proceed to check the post for spelling errors.

III. Dave will end the show with a picture of Pee Wee Herman's face peeking out of Nell Carter's anus.
TRASHBIRD On March 20, 2017

Ft Lauderdale, Florida
#11New Post! Mar 14, 2017 @ 23:18:00
*exhales smoke* "It's a free country, maaan..."
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#12New Post! Mar 14, 2017 @ 23:38:18
@TRASHBIRD Said

*exhales smoke* "It's a free country, maaan..."

Yeah. Why's that dude trying to harsh our mellow, man?

*Passes the dutchie on the left hand side.*
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs