Religion & Philosophy

All is One

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 26, 2020 @ 11:56:31
"All is One". The simplest option. Occam's Razor.

That is where to begin. Not when already in a conflicting, complicated, diversified world of "black" people, "white" people, "Christians"/ "Buddhists", the "good" and the "bad", what I "like" and what I "dislike".....whatever. Trying to begin there we are already sinking, at sea, drifting around, any old wind that blows. Begin in simplicity. All is One. All ARE "one".

THEN we can recognise and even acknowledge the diversity of people and things (the ten thousand things) while grounded. Our hearts and minds in the right place.

Just as in anatta , or "not self". There is no self yet here we are . There is nothing to be got rid of. There is nothing there as such to begin with.

Yes, I'm waffling as usual. Please take no notice.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#2New Post! Oct 26, 2020 @ 12:56:15
He never killed anyone directly.

It was his persuasive writing style and sweet talk.

If there wasn't a body count, Charles Manson probably would have ended up a judge on American Idol or maybe a contributor on some cable news show.

Keep up the great work . . . or whatever.

Manson paved the way
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 26, 2020 @ 13:05:31
@gakINGKONG Said

He never killed anyone directly.

It was his persuasive writing style and sweet talk.

If there weren't a body count, Charles Manson probably would have ended up a judge on American Idol or maybe a contributor on some cable news show.

Keep up the great work . . . or whatever.

Manson paved the way

GAK, your problem is that you begin with diversification. Your truth v any way that others see it. Thus you fail to understand another perspective, slotting into thought-forms familiar to yourself. Thus seeing nothing.

All the best.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#4New Post! Oct 26, 2020 @ 13:31:58
GAK??????
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 26, 2020 @ 13:33:20
Just to add, anyone seriously interested in dialogue would be willing to understand and learn the fundamental difference between the twisted "understanding" of "eastern" texts and pseudo-mysticism of Charles Manson; between such and that which can now be found in literally hundreds of books written by those seeking to bridge the gulf between the world's Faiths. Many monastic communities of both east and west are now in deep dialogue. One has only to seek, to look, to learn.

There is really very little excuse these days for ignorance.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#6New Post! Oct 26, 2020 @ 13:51:48
@Erimitus Said

GAK??????

And good morning buddy. Coffee's on. I drink mine black.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Oct 26, 2020 @ 14:11:57
@dookie Said

"All is One". The simplest option. Occam's Razor.

That is where to begin. Not when already in a conflicting, complicated, diversified world of "black" people, "white" people, "Christians"/ "Buddhists", the "good" and the "bad", what I "like" and what I "dislike".....whatever. Trying to begin there we are already sinking, at sea, drifting around, any old wind that blows. Begin in simplicity. All is One. All ARE "one".

THEN we can recognise and even acknowledge the diversity of people and things (the ten thousand things) while grounded. Our hearts and minds in the right place.

Just as in anatta , or "not self". There is no self yet here we are . There is nothing to be got rid of. There is nothing there as such to begin with.

Yes, I'm waffling as usual. Please take no notice.

That is opposite the philosophy I see more and more from the Conservatives/GOPers.
"what's good for ME? My Team?"
Not the other side of the coin - "What is good for All / Society"

Wearing a mask infringes on MY right to freedom!
vs
Wearing a mask protects Society

or
MY mining company pollutes the water because it is good for our bottom line (environmentalism costs too much money)
vs
Hey F'Head!! Other people and animals drink that water!!

Make aMErica great again
vs
Be a world leader

We are all one ... as long as your One is the same as My one!
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 26, 2020 @ 15:41:15
@mrmhead Said

That is opposite the philosophy I see more and more

As I see it we simply inherit a way of seeing the world and those in it. Our very own conditioning of time and place. Our personality, culture, and beliefs are not inherent to what/who we actually are, yet they dictate our relationships, our actions - tragically they create the conflicts that have always been part of our world.

I don't experience "all is one" as a belief, more simply a basis for another way of knowing our world i.e."others" as in essence, ourselves. Unity prior to separation. For me this also negates ideas of ultimate divisions, the "elect" and the "damned". What comes to one will come to all.

This is not soft soap, lovey dovey stuff, new age crap.

To see separation is rather the easy route to take, more satisfying, more self-justifying, with the added pleasure of contemplating the come-uppance of our foes, when what "God" we have separates the wheat (us) from the chaff (them), the sheep from the goats.

Seeing what unites, rather than what divides (or trying to) is constantly demanding. More, my own knowledge/reading of the various "holy" books convinces me that such is their essence.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs