Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#62New Post! Jun 27, 2020 @ 23:35:46
We don’t have to agree. You can believe what ever you want. Like I said, some random dude in another country.

Circling back to the point: when a person uses their “beliefs,” whatever they may be, to discriminate against, dehumanize, or unjustly punish other people in the scope of their job, then that is fair grounds to fire them.

They are getting fired because of their actions (being an a*****e) not because of their beliefs. If they weren’t taking action agains others, there wouldn’t have been a problem.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#63New Post! Jun 27, 2020 @ 23:47:49
@DiscordTiger Said

Bob, you are the one insisting it only has to do with sex and feelings of affection are not related.

I am insisting that sexual preference "has to do with sex"?

Indeed.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#64New Post! Jun 28, 2020 @ 00:35:50
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I am insisting that sexual preference "has to do with sex"?

Indeed.

You keep intentionally and repeatedly missing the word “only”
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#65New Post! Jun 28, 2020 @ 07:18:56
@DiscordTiger Said

You keep intentionally and repeatedly missing the word “only”

So... I am insisting that sexual preference only has to do with sex...? Yes, I am. It is called axiomatic. If all bachelors are men and someone is a bachelor, it is axiomatic that the someone is a man.

If someone has a sexual preference they are sexual.
A child is not sexual and does not, therefore, have a sexual preference.
Being homosexual is a sexual preference, and is only possible in a sexual being.
A non sexual being does not have a sexual preference (even if they have affection for people of one or both genders).
It is axiomatic that a child is not a homosexual when they are not sexual.

Therefore, a child is not born homosexual (nor are they heterosexual). A child being attracted to someone has absolutely nothing to do with sexuality or sexual preference when the child is not sexual.

That is not to say a child can not exhibit behaviour that may be interpreted by others (correctly or otherwise), as indicating a same sex preference will be present when the child becomes a sexual being, but this is no more valid than people who claim anthropomorphic motivation in cats and dogs.

Plenty of "Tomgirls" as they were called, grow up to be heterosexual, as do boys who appear somewhat effete.

Subjecting children to sexuality at an early age can and often does have a profound effect on them, which can include effecting their sense of self and sexual identity. Again, as a teacher, I am forced by law to report any sexual behaviour in a young child.

The real world is not a gender studies classroom. Introducing sexuality to young children is at best extremely dangerous, but I prefer to think of it as morally repugnant, as to me it is more accurate (as someone who has far too much experience of child abuse and child grooming, and its effects - it comes with the territory of having been through my own fun childhood experiences, living in a care home with abused kids, becoming a counselor to a lot of abused kids while still a kid myself, then going on to become a teacher who ended up specailising in working with messed up kids).

I am not meaning to upset you. That is not my intent, but I will not agree that 2+2=5.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#66New Post! Jun 28, 2020 @ 16:36:43
@bob_the_fisherman Said

So... I am insisting that sexual preference only has to do with sex...? Yes, I am. It is called axiomatic. If all bachelors are men and someone is a bachelor, it is axiomatic that the someone is a man.

If someone has a sexual preference they are sexual.
A child is not sexual and does not, therefore, have a sexual preference.
Being homosexual is a sexual preference, and is only possible in a sexual being.
A non sexual being does not have a sexual preference (even if they have affection for people of one or both genders).
It is axiomatic that a child is not a homosexual when they are not sexual.

Therefore, a child is not born homosexual (nor are they heterosexual). A child being attracted to someone has absolutely nothing to do with sexuality or sexual preference when the child is not sexual.

That is not to say a child can not exhibit behaviour that may be interpreted by others (correctly or otherwise), as indicating a same sex preference will be present when the child becomes a sexual being, but this is no more valid than people who claim anthropomorphic motivation in cats and dogs.

Plenty of "Tomgirls" as they were called, grow up to be heterosexual, as do boys who appear somewhat effete.

Subjecting children to sexuality at an early age can and often does have a profound effect on them, which can include effecting their sense of self and sexual identity. Again, as a teacher, I am forced by law to report any sexual behaviour in a young child.

The real world is not a gender studies classroom. Introducing sexuality to young children is at best extremely dangerous, but I prefer to think of it as morally repugnant, as to me it is more accurate (as someone who has far too much experience of child abuse and child grooming, and its effects - it comes with the territory of having been through my own fun childhood experiences, living in a care home with abused kids, becoming a counselor to a lot of abused kids while still a kid myself, then going on to become a teacher who ended up specailising in working with messed up kids).

I am not meaning to upset you. That is not my intent, but I will not agree that 2+2=5.

I’m not upset. So back to what I said a few pages ago, your convinced anything I reply is a lie. That is your opening argument.

What’s the point of debate? There isn’t one, I’m not upset, *because* I realize that, and I’m not getting sidetracked.

Remember this conversation didn’t start out how you feel about children, but how someone can take actions in their job in such a way that are not suited for that position.

It comes out in way that can be damaging to others. So say someone feels as you do. And they are in a position of
Power.
Now, if I accidentally let it slip I’m part of the Lbgtq+ community up until earlier this month I could have been fired for it. Losing my income, my family’s healthcare insurance, and probably our house in a couple months. If my husband could even survive that long without medication.
That is why I stay “in the closet” as they say, why when people take actions to hurt others I speak up and say they need to not have that position of power.

Whether they be Police officers that take out their racist thoughts on others, bankers and real estate agents that decide a certain neighborhood should be “white only” an everyone else doesn’t belong, or a baker that starts f***ing drama over refusing to bake a cake. If you are in business or work a job, you assist everyone, and if you can’t be f***ing polite about it.

If you let your beliefs and prejudices whatever they may be hurt other people, that is an action you need to accountable for.

In your case I don’t know how your beliefs come out in practice. Maybe you’re fine. I don’t know. You seem ok enough. You have strong beliefs and you defend them, but you seem careful enough to not immediately attack. So that’s important. Like I always said having the beliefs is not the wrong part.

I do know that the teachers I had that I now see their Facebook pages where they post a bunch of “crazy s***,” were actually the worst school experiences I had. Like 25 years later I feel the need to be in therapy, bad. Are they related? I don’t know that is the great mindf*** of 2020.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#67New Post! Jun 28, 2020 @ 16:46:04
Oh, and FYI also this month, days before the Supreme Court case saying you can’t fire someone for being lgbtq,

Laws were changed to officially allow denying them medical care. So now I have a risk of my therapist writes lgbtq in my medical record, and my primary dr sees it and is so inclined. I get dropped as a patient.

Snowball: I get dropped from them, I have to go to a entirely different office, because they are not always taking new patients (pretty busy). Then I run the risk of not getting in anywhere else. In an area where it is at least a 20 mile trip to another dr, one way - with no public transportation.
I have a car an decent enough job, but still that situation could be deadly to many, especially during a pandemic.
Electric_Banana On about 4 hours ago

, New Zealand
#68New Post! Jun 28, 2020 @ 18:08:55
@DiscordTiger Said

Not to be a b****, but every single thing you listed as something people judge on is something you can change or control.

I’m not saying you have to. But that is a difference. Skin color is not a choice or something you can change

You will always be subjected to other people’s judgments on that and nothing can ever truly resolve that. In the sense of we can only control ourselves, we cannot control others.

At best we can control the response we have to others.

Yes but that change would be a forced change going against that which I am

ie; Homosexuals can 'force' themselves to exist in a heterosexual relationship that agrees to abstinence; but that is living a lie to themselves to please the masses.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#69New Post! Jun 28, 2020 @ 20:21:02
@DiscordTiger Said

I’m not upset. So back to what I said a few pages ago, your convinced anything I reply is a lie. That is your opening argument.

What’s the point of debate? There isn’t one, I’m not upset, *because* I realize that, and I’m not getting sidetracked.

Remember this conversation didn’t start out how you feel about children, but how someone can take actions in their job in such a way that are not suited for that position.

It comes out in way that can be damaging to others. So say someone feels as you do. And they are in a position of
Power.
Now, if I accidentally let it slip I’m part of the Lbgtq+ community up until earlier this month I could have been fired for it. Losing my income, my family’s healthcare insurance, and probably our house in a couple months. If my husband could even survive that long without medication.
That is why I stay “in the closet” as they say, why when people take actions to hurt others I speak up and say they need to not have that position of power.

Whether they be Police officers that take out their racist thoughts on others, bankers and real estate agents that decide a certain neighborhood should be “white only” an everyone else doesn’t belong, or a baker that starts f***ing drama over refusing to bake a cake. If you are in business or work a job, you assist everyone, and if you can’t be f***ing polite about it.

If you let your beliefs and prejudices whatever they may be hurt other people, that is an action you need to accountable for.

In your case I don’t know how your beliefs come out in practice. Maybe you’re fine. I don’t know. You seem ok enough. You have strong beliefs and you defend them, but you seem careful enough to not immediately attack. So that’s important. Like I always said having the beliefs is not the wrong part.

I do know that the teachers I had that I now see their Facebook pages where they post a bunch of “crazy s***,” were actually the worst school experiences I had. Like 25 years later I feel the need to be in therapy, bad. Are they related? I don’t know that is the great mindf*** of 2020.

@DiscordTiger Said

Oh, and FYI also this month, days before the Supreme Court case saying you can’t fire someone for being lgbtq,

Laws were changed to officially allow denying them medical care. So now I have a risk of my therapist writes lgbtq in my medical record, and my primary dr sees it and is so inclined. I get dropped as a patient.

Snowball: I get dropped from them, I have to go to a entirely different office, because they are not always taking new patients (pretty busy). Then I run the risk of not getting in anywhere else. In an area where it is at least a 20 mile trip to another dr, one way - with no public transportation.
I have a car an decent enough job, but still that situation could be deadly to many, especially during a pandemic.

Only a couple things to say. First, I 100% do not support the ability of doctors etc., to discriminate against someone for their sexuality - although I would support the right of a doctor not to endorse things like transitioning children (which should be illegal anyway). Whether it was Trump or your state that did that it is wrong.

I do not think a baker should be forced to bake a gay wedding cake. I am sure a Muslim bakery wouldn't be. But I agree with you, no one involved should be an a** about it. If a business only wants certain kinds of business, that will ultimately effect them.

The only thing I claim is a lie is that we are born sexual or with a sexual preference. Again, any sign of sexuality in a young child is a sign of some kind of abuse and we have to report it. I do not like the LG agenda being pushed on kids, to put it politely, but if adults choose to engage in gay or any other sexual thing I really don't care (as long as it involves consenting adults).

It is not my job to tell you (by you I mean people, not you specifically), what you can do with your bits, or what you should call them, or what gender you should call yourself. Have at it, as long as you do not try to force me to pretend that what you claim to be is real. If a guy says he is a girl and is polite about it I will call him she, if they are rude about it I won't.

As far as me as a teacher - I have helped a lot of kids and probably hurt a few too (not intentionally but we don't always know how we effect people). I do not treat a kid differently for identifying as anything. People are people and are worthy of respect, and all kids should be made to feel valued and protected.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#71New Post! Jun 28, 2020 @ 21:42:42
f***ing autocorrect
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#73New Post! Jun 28, 2020 @ 23:23:35
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I'm not sure either. I am saying the lie is that people are born sexual. We aren't. I am not saying all affection is sexual or any other thing, or that relationships are only sexual or anything other than what I am saying.

It is a lie that we are born homosexual because we are not born sexual. Here in Australia the "born gay" argument is being used to justify teaching sexual preferences to children who are too young to be sexual. If I walked in a room where a teacher was doing that I would probably end up in prison(but luckily I don't work with prepubescent kids).

That's it. There is nothing more to it. Just that. And if people say we are all born heterosexual, that too is a lie. The reason I call it a lie is I do not see how anyone could claim we are sexual when we have all been children and know that that is not true.

There is no ambiguity about it.

The reason for my stand is because I think children should be protected.

If a person reaches puberty and is same sex attracted I do not care particularly. Whether gay, straight or anything else, they should be protected from predators until old enough to make their own choices, at which point they can do whatever they want. They are still people and still should be treated with respect.

To discriminate in things like health care etc? Yes, as far as I am concerned it is wrong and an a*****e-ish thing to do. It is also illegal here so far as I know (although it would be interesting to see how a case would pan out with a Muslim doctor refusing to work with gay patients. I think the gay person would lose, but maybe a black gay would have a chance of wining against a white Muslim, but, who knows? It is one of many problems with identity being more important than the rule of law. Race, religion (or no religion), creed, colour etc., should all be irrelevant to how the law applies).

I don't know what it is like in the US but here virtually no one cares if people are gay - again, as long as it is not forced onto children. Grooming is a thing. I don't want heterosexuality rammed down the throats of kids either, for the record.

On race I just find it odd that people think the DNC is the solution to the problems that they create. I think getting rid of the DNC would help black people a hell of a lot, and getting rid of the GOP would help America.

I am baffled as to how anyone can possibly think either political party gives a rat's a** about them. And that is my opinion of major political parties in the US, UK and Australia. Their interests are absolutely not ours.

That is not what I am saying. I am saying leave kids alone, not only in the sense of abusing them sexually, but in the sense of ramming sexuality down their throats. And again, I don't care whether gay or straight or anything else. Kids are not sexual so leave them alone.

I think this is where the problem arises. Ia m not saying gay = child abuser.

Again, I do not want sexuality being forced onto kids. We are having that done here more and more now in the name of "inclusion." Ultimately it will end my career and I am ok with that. I will not go along with bulls*** I disagree with.

Agreed. Hence why forums like this are limited. We only have words in these settings.

But “straight” sexually gets pushed on kids on the daily. Even in an age appropriate way.

Valentine’s Day.

As early as kindergarten / first grade Because that is where my memories start To be clear and not fuzzy.
A boy gives a valentine card or candy to a girl and it’s cute and ok. A boy gives that same candy to another boy and all hell breaks loose. Neither kid was being overtly sexual or being age inappropriate in any way. Lock back as adults the those two boys could realize that feeling of “like” for either the opposite or same gender meant something, and even though it was childish, it was always who they were.
That’s what I mean by it’s more than just sex.

That s***, and worring why your a “freak” and “weird” f***s people up mentally and physically too.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#74New Post! Jun 28, 2020 @ 23:33:45
@DiscordTiger Said

But “straight” sexually gets pushed on kids on the daily. Even in an age appropriate way.

Valentine’s Day.

As early as kindergarten / first grade Because that is where my memories start To be clear and not fuzzy.
A boy gives a valentine card or candy to a girl and it’s cute and ok. A boy gives that same candy to another boy and all hell breaks loose. Neither kid was being overtly sexual or being age inappropriate in any way. Lock back as adults the those two boys could realize that feeling of “like” for either the opposite or same gender meant something, and even though it was childish, it was always who they were.
That’s what I mean by it’s more than just sex.

That s***, and worring why your a “freak” and “weird” f***s people up mentally and physically too.

As far as Valentine's Day, it is meaningless consumerism, but even ignoring that, I agree that if young kids are going to do it it should not be treated as a sexual thing. It should be kids giving their card to their friend/s, whoever that friend happens to be. I have a very vague recollection of something like that and not giving anyone a card because girls were weird little things that had bits missing
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#75New Post! Jun 28, 2020 @ 23:35:15
@DiscordTiger Said

As far as straight sexuality, it is unavoidable. There is only one natural way a child is conceived.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs