All Black Lives Matter

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...7 8 9 · >>
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#16New Post! Jun 23, 2020 @ 23:42:44
@Jennifer1984 Said

Adejumo makes a very good correlation between the Civil Rights protests of the 1960's and the BLM campaign today. Who IS leading the cause in US today..? I don't know.

Do you..?

The high water mark was when Abraham Lincoln put the emancipation proclamation together. Maybe a few adjustments after that. I saw both water fountains at the airport were taped off so -- there's one way to solve that problem.

Human trafficking is largely swept under the rug and there really isn't one widely respected national figure fighting to end it.

I guess you could say Oprah. Janet says she learned English from Oprah and that's when she learned it wasn't okay for husbands to hit their wives. I'll tell you what, that lady can swing a knife when she's lit.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#17New Post! Jun 24, 2020 @ 14:10:18
Damn senate dems are threatening to block a GOPer bill that feigns police reform.

They claim to be holding out for stupid stuff like banning chokeholds, and tearing down the protections police have from civil suits.

How can a cop do his job if he has to worry about a lawsuit every time he chokes someone, or shoots them in the back?
Darkman666 On April 23, 2024

Saint Louis, Missouri
#18New Post! Jun 24, 2020 @ 14:17:11
@mrmhead Said

Damn senate dems are threatening to block a GOPer bill that feigns police reform.

They claim to be holding out for stupid stuff like banning chokeholds, and tearing down the protections police have from civil suits.

How can a cop do his job if he has to worry about a lawsuit every time he chokes someone, or shoots them in the back?

i think more the public want them to worry about lawsuits to think twice before they do it. which it is stupid in life decision crisis. they face everyday.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#19New Post! Jun 24, 2020 @ 23:29:17
@mrmhead Said

Any one who is not a moron understands that police have a dangerous job - more dangerous in some places than others. I dislike the police in practice quite often these days - the years of covering up abuse in the UK, the use of unnecessary violence in places like Australia and the US etc., the open support for thugs in groups like Pantyfa in places like Portland etc., are all unpleasantries we are better off without.

Any time a policeman uses force that results in injury or death it obviously should be investigated and if they are guilty of wrong doing they should be punished. The law should be applied to all people equally.

The death of Tony Timpa and George Floyd are both egregious. The response to those deaths should be same if the rule of law is still a thing (an investigation, charges laid, rule of law followed etc). Do you agree?

As far as shooting someone in the back - I can think of several reasons why a policeman may indeed have to do that.

There has to be a balance between allowing lies like "hands up don't shoot" to stand and be perpetuated by the race baiting media and former US President on one hand, and police getting away with unjustly killing people on the other.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#20New Post! Jun 25, 2020 @ 02:07:06
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Any one who is not a moron understands that police have a dangerous job - more dangerous in some places than others. I dislike the police in practice quite often these days - the years of covering up abuse in the UK, the use of unnecessary violence in places like Australia and the US etc., the open support for thugs in groups like Pantyfa in places like Portland etc., are all unpleasantries we are better off without.

Any time a policeman uses force that results in injury or death it obviously should be investigated and if they are guilty of wrong doing they should be punished. The law should be applied to all people equally.

The death of Tony Timpa and George Floyd are both egregious. The response to those deaths should be same if the rule of law is still a thing (an investigation, charges laid, rule of law followed etc). Do you agree?

As far as shooting someone in the back - I can think of several reasons why a policeman may indeed have to do that.

There has to be a balance between allowing lies like "hands up don't shoot" to stand and be perpetuated by the race baiting media and former US President on one hand, and police getting away with unjustly killing people on the other.

You're right. Cops should face the same rule of law as citizens, but getting the case to the courts is one way they are protected because of union contracts:

Reuters, examining the fine print of 82 police union contracts in large cities across the country, found a pattern of protections afforded the men and women in blue:

• A majority of the contracts call for departments to erase disciplinary records, some after just six months, making it difficult to fire officers with a history of abuses. In 18 cities, suspensions are erased in three years or less. In Anchorage, Alaska, suspensions, demotions and disciplinary transfers are removed after two years.

• Nearly half of the contracts allow officers accused of misconduct to access the entire investigative file – including witness statements, GPS readouts, photos, videos and notes from the internal investigation – before being interrogated.

• Twenty cities, including San Antonio, allow officers accused of misconduct to forfeit sick leave or holiday and vacation time rather than serve suspensions.

• Eighteen cities require an officer’s written consent before the department publicly releases documents involving prior discipline or internal investigations.

• Contracts in 17 cities set time limits for citizens to file complaints about police officers – some as short as 30 days. Nine cities restrict anonymous complaints from being investigated.

Protecting the Blue

I've also heard of rules giving cops 24hrs or so before they are questioned about such incidents - time for the accused to collaborate their stories.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#21New Post! Jun 25, 2020 @ 04:11:44
@mrmhead Said

• A majority of the contracts call for departments to erase disciplinary records, some after just six months, making it difficult to fire officers with a history of abuses. In 18 cities, suspensions are erased in three years or less. In Anchorage, Alaska, suspensions, demotions and disciplinary transfers are removed after two years.

Things like this I am not comfortable with. If there is evidence of a cop engaging in violent actions or other crime it should stay on the record if they're not dismissed, and if the evidence is circumstantial, it should stay on the record with an asterix.

I do not have a problem with completely unsubstantiated reports being expunged after a period of time if credible complaints are not made.

Police are people and sometimes they do bad, sometimes they are bad, and some are good/do good. Just like us.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#22New Post! Jun 25, 2020 @ 04:16:25
if the police officer must understand power of the badge, not the power of being god to suspect. the policer officer must understand the power of the law that they service.

citizens will only corrupt with a police officer, because a servant of the law. where the problem is, playing god or being a supercop. the police officer under stress or complex might become corrupt being servant of the law.

even, a fine record under police officer, might be psychical fit. in time, the power of the badge make feel being a supercop. have control to stop someone, and they can't do anything to stop you. having give you incredible high. being a cop for too long with stress.

in time, the police officer can't tell the difference, what his or her actions is. may the power of the law is leanly to bend, so the police officer bends with. maybe the laws need to be under the looking glass, instead the corrupt cop. that they need to fix the laws, not the police officer's actions.

if the police officer is a servant of the law, the law need to be a servant to the citizen, as well.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#23New Post! Jun 25, 2020 @ 06:24:41
Patricia d***son: I want my country back. The DNC is lying, cheating scum.

Brandum Tatum on why he no longer supports the DNC. He used to support the DNC because "I was ignorant." He now says the DNC is scum, Obama is a race baiting lying fraud who deliberately provoked black Americans to hate and attack cops while he was a cop. He saw the effect of Obama's lies and had enough.
Democrats tell black people they are excluded from the American dream, Trump supporters invite them in.

Dan Bongino: It is now conclusively true that Flynn was set up by the most outrageously dishonest and corrupt Administration in US history according to the facts. The lying media continues to ignore facts because facts are inconvenient.

Larry Elder: Obama is a liar who gets black people and cops killed. The liberal media are lying scum that is also getting black people killed. They do not care about black people. They lie about police racism and ignore real violence in the black community because truth does not fit their narrative.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#24New Post! Jun 25, 2020 @ 22:40:28
@darkman666 Said

if the police officer is a servant of the law, the law need to be a servant to the citizen, as well.

Very well said, and 100% agree.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#25New Post! Jun 25, 2020 @ 23:00:50
Opposing the yeetus of the black fetus right here.

The Amazing Lucas listening to and largely applauding a black lady from another broadcast, who is mocking the idea that Trump is a racist due to all the things he has done to hep the black community like funding black colleges in a more permanent way, creating a ton of jobs for black people, undoing some damage done by the DNC 1994 Crime Bill that, according to Hillary, was aimed at all those black "super predators" who have "no conscience, no empathy" and, she said, "we need to bring them to heel."

Here is Hillary calling black people superpredators in a song that is truly excellent.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#26New Post! Jun 25, 2020 @ 23:15:41
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Very well said, and 100% agree.

thanks, bob !

something that gakINGKONG said:

This is like saying book-burning doesn't destroy ideas.

that got me to thinking that this way. like to " kill a mockingbird ", " uncle tom's cabin ", " the color of purple " show different sides of blacks. how people accept them back then, probably closer to 70's. that blacks were recognizes better.

like book burning and banning books, if people doesn't see the book at library. doesn't mean the book is gone. but they read it and they remember it. so long you remember the past, removing statue doesn't really mean anything.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#27New Post! Jun 25, 2020 @ 23:28:14
@darkman666 Said

thanks, bob !

something that gakINGKONG said:

This is like saying book-burning doesn't destroy ideas.

that got me to thinking that this way. like to " kill a mockingbird ", " uncle tom's cabin ", " the color of purple " show different sides of blacks. how people accept them back then, probably closer to 70's. that blacks were recognizes better.

like book burning and banning books, if people doesn't see the book at library. doesn't mean the book is gone. but they read it and they remember it. so long you remember the past, removing statue doesn't really mean anything.

I am ambivalent about some of the statues - ideally they would never have been built or erected. I certainly oppose burning books though.

My reason for it is based on the adage: Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Slavery is back out in the open in the Islamic world. Right now you can watch footage of black men being stabbed and left to die by their masters for failing to be subservient. It is harrowing.

We need to protect the monuments to slavery - not so we can revel in past glories, but as a reminder of what has been done in our past and is still being done in our present. We need to be reminded that evil exists in all people, all cultures, all creeds and is only weeks away from being considered acceptable again when an angry mob justifies violence.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#28New Post! Jun 25, 2020 @ 23:40:06
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I am ambivalent about some of the statues - ideally they would never have been built or erected. I certainly oppose burning books though.

My reason for it is based on the adage: Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Slavery is back out in the open in the Islamic world. Right now you can watch footage of black men being stabbed and left to die by their masters for failing to be subservient. It is harrowing.

We need to protect the monuments to slavery - not so we can revel in past glories, but as a reminder of what has been done in our past and is still being done in our present. We need to be reminded that evil exists in all people, all cultures, all creeds and is only weeks away from being considered acceptable again when an angry mob justifies violence.

i think is now, these monuments are better off inside museums, not front of museums and in front of parks. more or less, people want them out of sight - out of mind. which makes sense.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#29New Post! Jun 25, 2020 @ 23:46:45
Dr. Carol Swain dishing out some redpills on the DNC.

An incredibly brave young black lady who decided to come out as conservative while at college. I hope she doesn't suffer too much for this, but we all know Democrats will attack her. Leaving the plantation has never been accepted - as every black person that leaves it keeps saying (and as the senile child sniffer let slip recently).
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#30New Post! Jun 25, 2020 @ 23:49:49
@darkman666 Said

i think is now, these monuments are better off inside museums, not front of museums and in front of parks. more or less, people want them out of sight - out of mind. which makes sense.

I understand that line of thinking. It would be better to do that than destroy them all. Maybe even just build bigger statues of true heroes to put along side them - guys like MLK, Rosa Parkes, members of the Freedom Riders etc.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs