Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...25 26 27 28 29 · >>
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#391New Post! Jul 13, 2019 @ 03:14:42
@DiscordTiger Said

So I guess I probably just don’t understand the details... but ... we’re supposed to fall in line and still accepting crap if it comes from our own party because saying anything will let the republicans win.
Especially if the issue has any thing to do with race issues, because white people are sick of hearing it and will punish us by voting for trump again.

I’m willing to be wrong, but that seems to be the gist of the argument to stfu and stay off Twitter.
Not that I’m a such a huge fan of twitter, but I do appreciate the openness to politicians on various social media platforms. Some do social media better. 4am Twitter toilet beefs are also stupid, but no one seems capable of reigning that in.

Normally I’d agree with you on this. However, public unity is needed in this special case. We simply cannot beat each other up if we want to beat Trump and Mitch. Look at 2016. Differences can be, and should be, aired out behind closed doors in the meantime. It’s not like anything can get passed now anyways.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#392New Post! Jul 13, 2019 @ 05:58:40
I just typed out and deleted a long rant.
I’m tired, I’m upset because my husband is in the hospital again and it’s been a rough day. I honestly can’t tell if I’m ranting because of what I think you’re saying or because I’m not in a good head space and anything you say I’d take wrong.

Maybe I’ll try again a different day.

I don’t think you have bad intentions, but it’s still hurts to read.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#393New Post! Jul 13, 2019 @ 06:33:36
@mrmhead Said

I missed it - what'd she do now?

It would be nice not to know but I think her quotes and public appearances have too much play. They're just too juicy to ignore.

AOC does make Pelosi look wise and maybe that's the whole point. Throw out a junior fireband that will say and do anything so we all look to the senior leadership to muzzle the clowns.

, Florida
#394New Post! Jul 13, 2019 @ 06:59:04
@DiscordTiger Said

I’m tired, I’m upset because my husband is in the hospital again and it’s been a rough day. I honestly can’t tell if I’m ranting because of what I think you’re saying or because I’m not in a good head space and anything you say I’d take wrong.

Best wishes. Family first.

San Diego, California
#395New Post! Jul 13, 2019 @ 15:51:44
@DiscordTiger Said

Sorry to hear that. No, there wasn’t any bad intention in that - simply my opinion on the best way to beat Trump.

I re-read your previous post, to try and understand what’s ticking you off. Seems to be race? Maybe I can suggest you read what AOC and the others have been posting - the whole thing started with the freshmen ticked off over border legislation. It was AOC’s chief of staff that then compared the DNC caucus to segregationists and then later AOC herself stating they were singled out because of their race.

Perhaps if you painted a better picture of this for me on what Nancy is doing I can better understand where you are coming from. Because as far as I can tell, race was never an issue with Nancy and still isn’t. She certainly never mentioned it. If it were, then certainly I’d agree with you.

Anyways, my apologies. I’ll guess I’ll just leave this alone if you don’t want to.

I just want to beat Trump is all.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#396New Post! Jul 13, 2019 @ 16:41:49
@Leon Said

Sorry to hear that. No, there wasn’t any bad intention in that - simply my opinion on the best way to beat Trump.

I re-read your previous post, to try and understand what’s ticking you off. Seems to be race? Maybe I can suggest you read what AOC and the others have been posting - the whole thing started with the freshmen ticked off over border legislation. It was AOC’s chief of staff that then compared the DNC caucus to segregationists and then later AOC herself stating they were singled out because of their race.

Perhaps if you painted a better picture of this for me on what Nancy is doing I can better understand where you are coming from. Because as far as I can tell, race was never an issue with Nancy and still isn’t. She certainly never mentioned it. If it were, then certainly I’d agree with you.

Anyways, my apologies. I’ll guess I’ll just leave this alone if you don’t want to.

I just want to beat Trump is all.

Ahh see, the border thing has me really upset. It’s very tied to race issues. I’m not Mexican, my family goes back hundreds of years in Northern New Mexico. US citizens by birth a few generations now. Know what it doesn’t f***ing matter to most people now. I’m lumped in because of skin color. That makes it a race issue not someone have concerns about immigration. I’ve seen so much racist s*** in the past three years it weighs on me, I’ve cut ties with a few people I thought were friends, but I was just the “but I’m friends with a Hispanic, I can’t be racist excuse”

Look, I get it I want to beat trump too. I’m just sick of the whole white fragility crap and how it gets turned on us POC when we bring it up. When I say it, people call me a reverse racist and get nasty. But you just agreed it was probably best to not bring it up, because it bothers people, and we have to win. That “bothering” is the fragility. It’s not going to change if society ignores it.

I know you don’t have bad intentions. Most people honestly don’t. Which is why I deleted before posting. I know attacking people also makes them shut down. I just didn’t know how to say what I felt without it being taken aggressively. I want to work together to fix things,

I like Biden, he said some really insensitive s*** and he’s not even trying to see it. Is he racist- hell no. Is he the best of 20, I’m not sure?

Pelosi has always said and done s*** that makes me bristled. And yet I know how the political game is played. She is good at it. She can get things done eventually. AOC doesn’t know the game and tries to move faster..she makes mistakes. It’s a s***ty situation.

San Diego, California
#397New Post! Jul 13, 2019 @ 16:52:35
@DiscordTiger Said

Ahh see, the border thing has me really upset. It’s very tied to race issues. I’m not Mexican, my family goes back hundreds of years in Northern New Mexico. US citizens by birth a few generations now. Know what it doesn’t f***ing matter to most people now. I’m lumped in because of skin color. That makes it a race issue not someone have concerns about immigration. I’ve seen so much racist s*** in the past three years it weighs on me, I’ve cut ties with a few people I thought were friends, but I was just the “but I’m friends with a Hispanic, I can’t be racist excuse”

Look, I get it I want to beat trump too. I’m just sick of the whole white fragility crap and how it gets turned on us POC when we bring it up. When I say it, people call me a reverse racist and get nasty. But you just agreed it was probably best to not bring it up, because it bothers people, and we have to win. That “bothering” is the fragility. It’s not going to change if society ignores it.

I know you don’t have bad intentions. Most people honestly don’t. Which is why I deleted before posting. I know attacking people also makes them shut down. I just didn’t know how to say what I felt without it being taken aggressively. I want to work together to fix things,

I like Biden, he said some really insensitive s*** and he’s not even trying to see it. Is he racist- hell no. Is he the best of 20, I’m not sure?

Pelosi has always said and done s*** that makes me bristled. And yet I know how the political game is played. She is good at it. She can get things done eventually. AOC doesn’t know the game and tries to move faster..she makes mistakes. It’s a s***ty situation.

Thank you for this. And I understand.

And I’m not saying stuff shouldn’t be aired out. Would it be alright if it were just aired out in a non-public manner for the next 18 months - between members? I know and understand why it does need to go public, but, again, I just don’t want to see voters turned off with both candidates in the general election from all the primary election bruising in the like we saw in 2016, and thus handing over the election to a electoral decision. I especially fear a lack of turnout in giving Mitch another term as Senate leader, since we need serious turnout in some red states to prevent that, and being passionate about a Presidential candidate is the best way to ensure that.

We can of course have serious public discourse on things like race and immigration afterwards, especially if the DNC wins all of it and can, thus, get actual legislation passed on all of it.

Lesser of two evils, long term vision, and all...
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#398New Post! Jul 13, 2019 @ 22:46:35
@Leon Said

Thank you for this. And I understand.

And I’m not saying stuff shouldn’t be aired out. Would it be alright if it were just aired out in a non-public manner for the next 18 months - between members? I know and understand why it does need to go public, but, again, I just don’t want to see voters turned off with both candidates in the general election from all the primary election bruising in the like we saw in 2016, and thus handing over the election to a electoral decision. I especially fear a lack of turnout in giving Mitch another term as Senate leader, since we need serious turnout in some red states to prevent that, and being passionate about a Presidential candidate is the best way to ensure that.

We can of course have serious public discourse on things like race and immigration afterwards, especially if the DNC wins all of it and can, thus, get actual legislation passed on all of it.

Lesser of two evils, long term vision, and all...

Your analysis is not wrong. It’s just had to wait until the “right time” when people are suffering.

ETA: I also understand the request to do it privately, I also know from experience that method works slowly and is not as effective in getting actual change. A double edged sword indeed.

San Diego, California
#399New Post! Jul 13, 2019 @ 23:16:19
@DiscordTiger Said

Your analysis is not wrong. It’s just had to wait until the “right time” when people are suffering.

ETA: I also understand the request to do it privately, I also know from experience that method works slowly and is not as effective in getting actual change. A double edged sword indeed.

I agree with both. I understand why people air things out publicly. We need to look no further than the 60’s Civil Rights movement to get that.

But considering that we have a racist in the Oval Office and a vegetable in charge of the Senate, we are not going to get any change right now anyways, no matter how vocal people are.

My strategy isn’t silencing people, but temporarily silencing certain public discord to give us a better chance in getting those two people replaced 18 months from now with people who WILL listen.

, Florida
#400New Post! Jul 14, 2019 @ 06:25:52
@Leon Said

I agree with both. I understand why people air things out publicly. We need to look no further than the 60’s Civil Rights movement to get that.

But considering that we have a racist in the Oval Office and a vegetable in charge of the Senate, we are not going to get any change right now anyways, no matter how vocal people are.

My strategy isn’t silencing people, but temporarily silencing certain public discord to give us a better chance in getting those two people replaced 18 months from now with people who WILL listen.

Leon, you’ve made a point to showcase the fact you are very bright—in so many ways.

Now you’re saying “we have a racist in the White House.” You do know that Barry left office a few years ago right?

No, Donald J Trump doesn’t dog-whistle or whatever to racists. He simply isn’t one but that other guy was.

San Diego, California
#401New Post! Jul 14, 2019 @ 16:22:02
From Trump today:

“So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run

“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” he added. “Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!”

I think we all need to take a deep breath and remember who we need to focus on here.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#402New Post! Jul 14, 2019 @ 16:25:38
@gakINGKONG Said

Leon, you’ve made a point to showcase the fact you are very bright—in so many ways.

Now you’re saying “we have a racist in the White House.” You do know that Barry left office a few years ago right?

No, Donald J Trump doesn’t dog-whistle or whatever to racists. He simply isn’t one but that other guy was.

I'm more surprised that Leon has shown hints of vegism ...

Which Mitch clearly isn't (a vegetable).
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#403New Post! Jul 14, 2019 @ 16:33:49
@Leon Said

From Trump today:

“So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run

“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” he added. “Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!”

I think we all need to take a deep breath and remember who we need to focus on here.

"Go back from where you came" - is a common echo through the generations of intolerance.

San Diego, California
#404New Post! Jul 14, 2019 @ 17:27:55
@mrmhead Said

I'm more surprised that Leon has shown hints of vegism ...

Which Mitch clearly isn't (a vegetable).

This is an inaccurate portrayal and obviously a photoshop job.

A turtle actually moves.
chaski On about 17 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#405New Post! Jul 14, 2019 @ 19:17:04
@Leon Said

From Trump today:

“So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world....

Considering the fact that most of the women Trump was referring to were born in the USA, Trump's tweet was pretty damning against the United States.

So much for making America great again.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...25 26 27 28 29 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs