AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#46New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 13:47:07
@raditz8526 Said
And Al Gore is doing something but whine? If he was doing something other than try to tell people to use less energy maybe he could make a difference. After all, he is using 20 times more energy than anyone else.

The fact that you didn't watch the movie becomes more apparent each time you post on it.

The documentary was a presentation of current scientific data and evidence concerning what's going on with our planet. It wasn't some political plea. It wasn't a lecture piece saying that we have to use less energy, though he does cover that.

It's about global warming. The causes (man-made and non man-made), the current trends, the current theories, and the effects.

BTW, as for that "20 times more than anyone else," do you know how many people work in/at this estate? Assume that there are 8 full-time employees. Compare the energy usage for this 8-employee business to the energy usage of the average 8-employee business, subtracting the typical energy usage for a millionaire. Tell me what you get.
lloydchristmas On December 08, 2009

, Iran
#47New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 13:53:31
well said
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#48New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 14:00:01
@jonnythan Said
The fact that you didn't watch the movie becomes more apparent each time you post on it.

The documentary was a presentation of current scientific data and evidence concerning what's going on with our planet. It wasn't some political plea. It wasn't a lecture piece saying that we have to use less energy, though he does cover that.

It's about global warming. The causes (man-made and non man-made), the current trends, the current theories, and the effects.

BTW, as for that "20 times more than anyone else," do you know how many people work in/at this estate? Assume that there are 8 full-time employees. Compare the energy usage for this 8-employee business to the energy usage of the average 8-employee business, subtracting the typical energy usage for a millionaire. Tell me what you get.

I'm not posting on his movie, I'm posting on his hypocrisy. Do as I say and not as I do.

What are those employees doing? Cleaning? Mowing the lawn? If he really cares about the environment shouldn't he also be cutting back? Here's a description of the movie - "Director-producer Davis Guggenheim (HBO's "Deadwood" ) captures former Vice President Al Gore in the midst of waging a passionate campaign -- not for the White House, but for the environment. Laying out the facts of global warming without getting political, Gore makes a sobering impression in this Oscar-winning doc on the audiences who hear his message, urging them to act "boldly, quickly and wisely" ... before it's too late to act at all."

I guess if you want to live a pampered life you don't really have to act at all.

Just to add, I'm not against his house, money or energy use. I think people are entitled to use as much energy as they can afford. All I'm saying is that if you're going to try to get me to change my lifestyle you better be willing to do the same or what you're trying to get me to do will "fall on deaf ears."
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#49New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 14:48:17
You wouldn't listen to his message no matter how little energy he uses. Quit trying to be so virtuous. You wouldn't listen to him even if he were a saint.

Deleted

, Minnesota
#50New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 15:13:53
@jonnythan Said
You wouldn't listen to his message no matter how little energy he uses. Quit trying to be so virtuous. You wouldn't listen to him even if he were a saint.

Probably not, but I would respect him a little more. Not that I could have less respect for him.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#51New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 15:17:44
well at least you found a pic you like

...........why do you hate this guy so much?,
did he steal your girlfriend or something?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#52New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 15:19:59
Raditz, i think you got a thing for Al Gore

Deleted

, Minnesota
#53New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 15:20:05
@alexkidd Said
well at least you found a pic you like

...........why do you hate this guy so much?,
did he steal your girlfriend or something?

No reason really. Probably because he's a hypocritical tree hugging liberal.

Deleted

, Minnesota
#54New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 15:20:52
@treebee Said
Raditz, i think you got a thing for Al Gore

Just don't let the Hilldabeast know.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#55New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 15:21:32
@raditz8526 Said
Just don't let the Hilldabeast know.

your secret is safe with me
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#56New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 15:23:17
@raditz8526 Said
No reason really. Probably because he's a hypocritical tree hugging liberal.

i dunno ...it seems more personal than that,
i think he's your real father.

nah you're right in regards the energy consumption thing,
but i don't consider it to discredit his film. i think you're blinded a teency bit by your hatred of the man.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#57New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 15:28:08
@alexkidd Said

Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#58New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 15:28:25
It's cause Rush tells him to. *shrug*

Deleted

, Minnesota
#59New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 15:29:04
@alexkidd Said

nah you're right in regards the energy consumption thing,
but i don't consider it to discredit his film. i think you're blinded a teency bit by your hatred of the man.

That could be. But I don't have anything against his film though. Just him trying to tell me what to do and ignoring his own advice. If you knew someone that constantly got drunk would you listen to them if they were telling you not to drink?
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#60New Post! Mar 02, 2007 @ 15:33:19
@raditz8526 Said
That could be. But I don't have anything against his film though. Just him trying to tell me what to do and ignoring his own advice. If you knew someone that constantly got drunk would you listen to them if they were telling you not to drink?

hmm,
i don't know,
there is a certain element of falacy there in what you said,
even if he dosn't follow it well enough, his message is still valid.

hey, with the amount of energy he's indirectly saving by encouraging people, well more than that, pushing governments maybe he thinks he's earned a few carbon creds
not that thats right.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs