Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...9 10 11 · >>
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#31New Post! Jan 12, 2021 @ 17:43:21
@Leon Said

Just illustrating where I’m coming from.

I get that.

And regardless of the fact that I don't agree that it is the "best" path, ultimately (generally speaking) what you've presented (the not removing Trump from office but leaving "it" up to DoJ, etc) is the most likely course of events.

Trump aside, his "movement" is not gone and shows no sign of going away.

The idea that not removing him for his actions, is somehow going to help heal the wounds and bring us back together as a nation is, at best, naive.

The next leader in the extreme right wing movement will be smarter, better educated, etc... all around a more compelling leader. Such a person could succeed where Trump has failed. The far right has not been dissuaded.

The idea that a) "this" was all a leftist antifa scam is out there. Similarly, the idea that "the real insurrection" was the Democrats stealing the election is out there.

Trump lost not because Democrats overwhelmed him in the polling, He lost because enough conservatives and republicans had enough of his idiocy.

The "next" guy won't make the mistakes Trump made and will appear far more "conservative", "republican", believable, sane, reasonable, believable... etc.

Thus, again, for me It is a matter of rule of law and a message to all future presidents (both Democrat & Republican).

I also think it a good idea to get Republicans on the record; which ones continue to essentially support Trump's behavior. It is a reasonably good talking point, for whoever my challenge the likes to Rubio, Cruz, et al

...etc... etc... etc...

Don't get me wrong... I know that "my way" will not be pursued.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#32New Post! Jan 12, 2021 @ 18:03:26
We have a government system of the separation of powers; checks and balances.

At the Federal level it is Legislative, Executive and Judicial. Each with a set of powers, responsibilities and authority.

Nationwide it we have the States & the Federal government. Each with its set of powers, responsibilities and authority.

Trump just tried to override both.

At the Federal level, he tried to undermine and override both the Legislative and Judicial. And, at the very same time, Trump tried to override the Constitutional authority of the states.

Each of these, IMO, should take action against Trump. The Judicial will largely depend the results of investigations. The states will depend on their actions to protect their constitutional rights.

The Legislative, however, also should come together and put down this attempt by the executive branch to seize power and undermine the authority and responsibly of the Congress. The only way to do this is impeachment and removal.

Again, I doubt that they will do this, but any Republican politician that doesn't support this has essentially publicly flushed their argument that they, the GOP, stand for smaller federal government and greater states' rights.

Not a bad talking point and position for the Democrats to seize upon.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#33New Post! Jan 12, 2021 @ 18:58:50
Actually I think what will occur is in the middle of what you and I propose. He will be impeached, but won’t be removed, nor convicted in the Senate.

Also, to further illustrate my point, from the news and reports...

“‘On 8 January, the FBI received information on an identified group calling for others to join them in 'storming' state, local and federal government courthouses and administrative buildings in the event POTUS is removed as President prior to Inauguration Day. This identified group is also planning to 'storm' government offices including in the District of Columbia and in every state, regardless of whether the states certified electoral votes for Biden or Trump, on 20 January,’ the bulletin adds. Additionally, the FBI is tracking reports of ‘various threats to harm President-Elect Biden ahead of the presidential inauguration,’ the bulletin states. Additional reports indicate threats against VP-Elect Harris and Speaker Pelosi, it adds.”

source

‘On a private call Monday night, new leaders of the Capitol Police told House Democrats they were closely monitoring three separate plans that could pose serious threats to members of Congress as Washington prepares for Democrat Joe Biden’s presidential inauguration on Jan. 20. From Washington to the campaign trail, get the latest politics news. The first is a demonstration billed as the “largest armed protest ever to take place on American soil. Another is a protest in honor of Ashli Babbitt, the woman killed while trying to climb into the Speaker’s Lobby during Wednesday’s pro-Trump siege of the Capitol. And another demonstration, which three members said was by far the most concerning plot, would involve insurrectionists forming a perimeter around the Capitol, the White House and the Supreme Court, and then blocking Democrats from entering the Capitol ― perhaps even killing them ― so that Republicans could take control of the government.”

source

The theater (and that’s all it will amount to) of impeachment will only fuel this, in my opinion.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#34New Post! Jan 12, 2021 @ 20:16:20
So basically we should start submitting to and not even negotiating with, but just accepting the demands of terrorists?

I understand the threats. I’m not saying there isn’t risk and leading doesn’t suck, but lines were crossed. They beat at least three capital police officers. One died from the injury, this needs to be addressed swiftly.

We all know police officers and the National guardsmen can respond, look at their actions in the blm protests. They rushed and shoved an old man down with enough force to seriously injure him for just approaching to return a helmet.

Not that I want them to violence first, ask questions later, but if there is ever a time to stand their ground it’s against an armed insurrection.

Officer Eugene Goodman, did f***ing amazing with just a club. Giving Congresspeople time to escape and probably saved lives, that crowd had built a full on gallows. Came armed for bear, and with zip ties to acquire hostages.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#35New Post! Jan 12, 2021 @ 21:18:54
What concerns me is the recurring reports of "Former" military personnel and even active security joining in. (not to mention the F'n politicians)

How many currently active military are of the same mindset and would be willing to turn around and join the insurrection?

On the flip-side, how many weekend warriors will turn-tail and run when their buddy's head gets blown off right next to them?
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#36New Post! Jan 12, 2021 @ 23:36:02
@mrmhead Said

What concerns me is the recurring reports of "Former" military personnel and even active security joining in. (not to mention the F'n politicians)

How many currently active military are of the same mindset and would be willing to turn around and join the insurrection?

On the flip-side, how many weekend warriors will turn-tail and run when their buddy's head gets blown off right next to them?

Reports are coming out there was also a lot of badge flashing, as in I’m a cop somewhere else, give me a little brotherly consideration.

Which you is one thing on a traffic stop, or even a regular protest, to not be picked up on scene but an insurrection? To breach the f***ing capital? Bit much.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#37New Post! Jan 13, 2021 @ 01:01:58
“U.S. prosecutors are ramping up the investigation into last week’s riot at the Capitol, with more than 170 suspects under scrutiny and law enforcement officials planning charges of sedition and conspiracy.

“Law enforcement officials are treating the riot ‘like an international counter-terrorism investigation,’ Acting U.S. Attorney in Washington Michael Sherwin said at a press conference Tuesday. ‘We’re looking at everything -- money, travel records. No resource will be unchecked.’

“The Justice Department has established a task force of senior national security officials to pursue the sedition and conspiracy cases, which carry sentences as long as 20 years, Sherwin said. Other prosecutors are focused on charging rioters who assaulted police officers and members of the media.

“The probe is one of the most expansive criminal investigations in the history of the Justice Department, with a wide assortment of agencies helping to build cases, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Marshals. All 56 FBI field offices are involved.“

- source

“Andrew McCabe, the former deputy director of the FBI, and David Williams, the former inspector general for five federal agencies, wrote a joint op-ed for Politico raising a provocative point about last week's deadly insurrectionist attack on the U.S. Capitol: Donald Trump may face charges.

‘If the federal investigation into the deaths determines that those responsible were incited to violence at the Save America rally that occurred just hours before, President Donald Trump could face criminal charges, even if he didn't storm the Capitol himself. The federal criminal code (18 USC 373) makes it a crime to solicit, command, induce or ‘endeavor to persuade’ another person to commit a felony that includes the threat or use of physical force. Simply put, it is a crime to persuade another person, or a mob of several thousand, to commit a violent felony.’

“They're not the only ones thinking along these lines. The Washington Post reported late last week that Trump's own legal advisers ‘expressed increasing concern Friday about possible criminal liability in the wake of Wednesday's melee.’ The article added that Trump ‘has been told by attorneys that he could face legal jeopardy for inciting a mob.’”

- source

I don’t think we have anything to worry about anyone getting a pass from the DOJ here, impeachment or no impeachment.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#38New Post! Jan 13, 2021 @ 01:28:06
If they do pursue domestic terrorism, most people linked are going to end up on the no fly list.

Also if they do end up with felony charges, depending on their state rules they will lose the right to vote and own guns.
Even if they plead out and don’t serve prison time.

This is serious s***, and what I fear is it may make an already unstable situation worse. Assuming you buy into all the Q crap, there is nothing to lose. It’s going to be a long January.

NE, Ohio
#40New Post! Jan 13, 2021 @ 01:46:41
So they tag a few guys for terrorism.
And with "no resource left unchecked" to build a case, they could in essence do "contact tracing" and possibly find larger, more extreme groups and shut down, or infiltrate them.

Those servers in Nevada are working overtime!

NE, Ohio
#41New Post! Jan 13, 2021 @ 01:55:16
I wonder how many of them were on extended unemployment with the COVID bonus?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#42New Post! Jan 13, 2021 @ 02:24:54
So... will he do it again?

Will he have a rally where he tries to whip his followers in to a frenzy/

Has he learned his lesson?

Can he resist?

Can "they" resist... 50 states... 50 capitals... and an inauguration...?

Where are Jr, Eric and Ivanka when you need them?

NE, Ohio
#43New Post! Jan 13, 2021 @ 02:50:16
I'd bet more than a few of them are using trump to further their own little power trip.

And probably a lot of them are using trump just as an excuse to go bat-s*** crazy.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#44New Post! Jan 13, 2021 @ 02:54:50
@darkman666 Said

just prove like pearl harbor and 911, this is another fine way show how america's frontline is really bad in security again.

for bozo, he should be charge for his behavior. in sense, impeachment is if anything. using bozo as escape goat. the fact - this incident is no better how america was vulnerable were with 911 and the pentagon's attacks.

The US probably knew of the impending Pearl Harbor attack. FBI agents who tried to red flag the flight students who would later become the 9/11 attackers were told to ignore them. I agree, this White House thing is very similar.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#45New Post! Jan 13, 2021 @ 21:37:39
The dude in this picture is Florida Man. Because of course, he is
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...9 10 11 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs