Affirmative action

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#46New Post! Jan 20, 2006 @ 09:35:07
I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been sucessful in your efforts to get on the course of your dreams. I have friend who was refused admission to study medicine at Queens UNiversity in Belfast even with his incredibly high achievments up to that point.

He went to the UNiversity and discussed what he could do to improve his chances of getting entry. He was able to negotiate with them , took a year out to do charity work and chill and got in the following year.

Keep the chin up girl.

Your too good to be wasted NOT as a doctor. Keep pushing and the door will open to you. Have faith in your abilities.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#47New Post! Jan 20, 2006 @ 09:43:58
I didn't get in because of my scores. I was being facetious when I said it was because of my race. I was trying to point out how absurd and hypocritical affirmitive action is.
It's real easy for somebody like me or any minority for that matter to whine and blame race for not getting what is wanted.

I would rather fail based on my merits than be given a free pass based on my race. I'm tired of racist bigots trying to tell me I'm not good enough to compete with white people so I should get special help.
bravo_zulu On December 07, 2006

New Sodom, Indiana
#48New Post! Jan 20, 2006 @ 09:49:49
Your wise beyond your years Reiko.
rocket325 On August 07, 2015

Northwest, Connecticut
#49New Post! Jan 20, 2006 @ 18:25:32
@reiko Said
I didn't get in because of my scores. I was being facetious when I said it was because of my race. I was trying to point out how absurd and hypocritical affirmitive action is.
It's real easy for somebody like me or any minority for that matter to whine and blame race for not getting what is wanted.

I would rather fail based on my merits than be given a free pass based on my race. I'm tired of racist bigots trying to tell me I'm not good enough to compete with white people so I should get special help.

Economist Dr. Thomas Sowell(who is black) published an empirical study
which finds AA encourages non-preferred groups to designate themselves as preferred groups, to take advantage of group preference policies.
AA reduces the incentives of BOTH preferred and non-preferred to perform at their best; minorities because it is unnessessary,& others because it is futile.
Engendered animosity toward the preferred group occurs, whose main problem has been their own inadaquacy, combined with resentment of the majority who, without preferences, consistently outperform them.
Lowering the bar does not work, nor does punishing those who strive to excell.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs