Gender Issues

Affirmative action harms women.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
NNewt84 On July 19, 2018

Adelaide, Australia
#1New Post! Oct 28, 2015 @ 09:31:37
I know I might start to sound a bit too feminist in this post, but honestly, I really need to get this off my chest.

From what I've heard, affirmative action is still a huge problem in our society. A lot of companies still have quotas to fill, just to have enough women on board. Do they not realise that women are people in their own right, and most of them just want to be hired for their own merits? And once again, this relates to my previous thread - the entire existence of women seems to revolve around their gender, whether it be positive or negative.

By being hired for their gender, it seems that women are prevented from furthering improving themselves, and just relying on that "extra help" to proceed through their careers. There exist plenty of young girls and women who just want to go about their lives and be themselves, and not let societal expectations get in their way. They just want equal treatment, but what do they get instead? They're treated with affirmative action, which singles them out just for being of a certain group - it's dehumanising, and it's only furthering their status as a "minority" group. Honestly, it seems like these corporations are deliberately trying to make women lazy and incompetent by hiring them under affirmative action policies, just to make women unsuitable for any job. I'm not outright claiming that they are, but it wouldn't be surprising if they did.

And what's worse about this is that people actually claim that affirmative action benefits women. So... Being singled out for being women benefits them? It's like these people are trying to piss off feminists. Saying that women benefit from affirmative action is like saying that students benefit from cheating on tests - yeah, it may seem handy at first to get out of a ditch, but it doesn't challenge you, and it just makes you lazy in the long run, so you're not self-reliant. All that women want to do is to be themselves and fulfil their hopes and dreams, whether they want to become musicians, scientists, artists etc., and they don't want their entire lives to revolve around their gender. But sadly, this is the world in which our girls live, and I really feel that something has to be done about it. Especially when people say women "benefit" from this - I swear they're deliberately trying to insult women. As soon as affirmative action is abolished, I'm sure the world will be a much better place for women, where they can actually work on perfecting their talents and creativity instead of letting their gender dictate their lives.

So that's my say. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Oct 28, 2015 @ 11:17:55
@NNewt84 Said

Would I look better as a blonde?
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Oct 28, 2015 @ 11:26:20
Incidentally, I don't think you'll suffer any danger of "sounding a bit too feminist."

I don't expect it will make much of a dent, but there have been more than one study detailing how affirmative action has contributed significantly to the advancement of women. Pretty in depth studies.

Here's one:

https://economics.lafayette.edu/files/2011/04/kurtulus.pdf

It's really not that hard to use google before you post.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Oct 28, 2015 @ 11:54:56
@Eaglebauer Said

Maybe....as a blonde will you also have big breasts?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#5New Post! Oct 28, 2015 @ 15:43:36
@Eaglebauer Said

Depends. Do you also have Thor's hammer.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6New Post! Oct 28, 2015 @ 15:44:59
The op also has no understanding of affirmative action, among other things.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Oct 28, 2015 @ 16:22:53
I have a question - When I saw the video of the cop throwing around the student (current news headlines) I thought that was bad.
But when I learned some time later that the student was a Girl I was really appalled and angered that Brutus the Cop would do something like that to a Girl!

Am I guilty of wrongfully expecting different treatment of women(girls) from men(boys)?
By the looks of the video, maybe Brutus is the good guy because he's treating the girl like he would a boy (just guessing) ... unless he'd pull out his firearm and shoot a boy - then the girl got preferential treatment ...which is wrong (?)
... IDK
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#8New Post! Oct 28, 2015 @ 17:27:41
@NNewt84 Said
Honestly, it seems like these corporations are deliberately trying to make women lazy and incompetent by hiring them under affirmative action policies, just to make women unsuitable for any job.

I don't care if this gets me punched, but you need to get your tiny pea brained asinine head out of your ass. You have no idea what it is like to be a woman (or a man for that matter). Your above comment is one of the most ignorant things I have read.

AS A WOMAN who works for Corporate America. I know why I was hired for my current position. It's reputation for being good at what I do. Unbeknownst to me, several people reached out to my manager to tell them he should hire me, because I'm a great fit for the job. My manager also reached out to people to ask about me. And this was a job that is several states away from where I was living. I drive people to get what they are working on to get it done and done on time. He did not go out searching for a woman to fill this role, he went out looking for a person like me.

I won't go into my job, but it is anything but LAZY. I take a lot of beatings daily (not physical beatings mind you, but people are not nice in my business). Ask Tiger she got a preview of what I go through on a dialy basis. With that said, I still love what I do.

Since we are going to separate people by their sex, since you love to do that, I am going to tell you that most of the women I work with, both past and present, have been harder workers than their male counterparts. And you know what sucks...those lazy assed men get paid more than we do. They get promoted more than women do and from experience I can tell you that some of them don't deserve it. Meanwhile there is a woman who does, but because she doesn't have a d***, she doesn't get the job.

I suggest you stop giving a f*** about women and where they stand in society and worry about where the hell you stand in society because right now you are a bottom feeder and unless you change your mentality that is all you ever will be.
Stalkee

#9New Post! Oct 28, 2015 @ 17:43:39
@Eaglebauer Said

Depends, is it a dirty blonde or platinum blonde? There is a difference you know. One requires more maintenance.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Oct 30, 2015 @ 05:24:06
@chaski Said

Maybe....as a blonde will you also have big breasts?

@DiscordTiger Said

Yes and yes.

@floydgirrl Said

Depends, is it a dirty blonde or platinum blonde? There is a difference you know. One requires more maintenance.

Platinum if you're talking about the hair. Dirty if you're talking about the level of promiscuity
Stalkee

#11New Post! Oct 30, 2015 @ 13:46:32
@Eaglebauer Said

Yes and yes.

Platinum if you're talking about the hair. Dirty if you're talking about the level of promiscuity

You don't know what promiscuity is!

j/k
busdriver On January 03, 2016

Banned

#12New Post! Oct 30, 2015 @ 14:51:19
@DiscordTiger Said

I'm tho thor I can't even walk.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#13New Post! Oct 31, 2015 @ 11:01:42
I don't believe there are many employers hiring 'token' women to fill a quota.

I do believe, in contrast, that female employers are more empathetic to female applicants desiring to earn independence from 'The Man.'

I do believe, in contrast, that many male employers would sooner hire a pair of big boobs rather than a pair of big balls.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Nov 01, 2015 @ 21:43:20
@NNewt84 Said

I know I might start to sound a bit too feminist in this post, but honestly, I really need to get this off my chest.

From what I've heard, affirmative action is still a huge problem in our society. A lot of companies still have quotas to fill, just to have enough women on board. Do they not realise that women are people in their own right, and most of them just want to be hired for their own merits? And once again, this relates to my previous thread - the entire existence of women seems to revolve around their gender, whether it be positive or negative.

By being hired for their gender, it seems that women are prevented from furthering improving themselves, and just relying on that "extra help" to proceed through their careers. There exist plenty of young girls and women who just want to go about their lives and be themselves, and not let societal expectations get in their way. They just want equal treatment, but what do they get instead? They're treated with affirmative action, which singles them out just for being of a certain group - it's dehumanising, and it's only furthering their status as a "minority" group. Honestly, it seems like these corporations are deliberately trying to make women lazy and incompetent by hiring them under affirmative action policies, just to make women unsuitable for any job. I'm not outright claiming that they are, but it wouldn't be surprising if they did.

And what's worse about this is that people actually claim that affirmative action benefits women. So... Being singled out for being women benefits them? It's like these people are trying to piss off feminists. Saying that women benefit from affirmative action is like saying that students benefit from cheating on tests - yeah, it may seem handy at first to get out of a ditch, but it doesn't challenge you, and it just makes you lazy in the long run, so you're not self-reliant. All that women want to do is to be themselves and fulfil their hopes and dreams, whether they want to become musicians, scientists, artists etc., and they don't want their entire lives to revolve around their gender. But sadly, this is the world in which our girls live, and I really feel that something has to be done about it. Especially when people say women "benefit" from this - I swear they're deliberately trying to insult women. As soon as affirmative action is abolished, I'm sure the world will be a much better place for women, where they can actually work on perfecting their talents and creativity instead of letting their gender dictate their lives.

Re Your first sentence. I think you mean too ANTI-feminist.

Their needs to be more transparency in hiring practices & equal pay as well as equal opportunity to advance. Barring that- AA is postive & is needed.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#15New Post! Nov 01, 2015 @ 21:44:48
@floydgirrl Said

I don't care if this gets me punched, but you need to get your tiny pea brained asinine head out of your ass. You have no idea what it is like to be a woman (or a man for that matter). Your above comment is one of the most ignorant things I have read.

AS A WOMAN who works for Corporate America. I know why I was hired for my current position. It's reputation for being good at what I do. Unbeknownst to me, several people reached out to my manager to tell them he should hire me, because I'm a great fit for the job. My manager also reached out to people to ask about me. And this was a job that is several states away from where I was living. I drive people to get what they are working on to get it done and done on time. He did not go out searching for a woman to fill this role, he went out looking for a person like me.

I won't go into my job, but it is anything but LAZY. I take a lot of beatings daily (not physical beatings mind you, but people are not nice in my business). Ask Tiger she got a preview of what I go through on a dialy basis. With that said, I still love what I do.

Since we are going to separate people by their sex, since you love to do that, I am going to tell you that most of the women I work with, both past and present, have been harder workers than their male counterparts. And you know what sucks...those lazy assed men get paid more than we do. They get promoted more than women do and from experience I can tell you that some of them don't deserve it. Meanwhile there is a woman who does, but because she doesn't have a d***, she doesn't get the job.

I suggest you stop giving a f*** about women and where they stand in society and worry about where the hell you stand in society because right now you are a bottom feeder and unless you change your mentality that is all you ever will be.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ can't add anything more!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs