The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Affirmative Action; Do you agree with it?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...17 18 19 20 21 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#271New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 21:44:35
@GolfWidow Said

???? I wasn't asking you.

My first post was "No"

You asked "No what?"

I answered "Affirmative Action; Do you agree with it."

Oh, sorry.....
Suz74 On October 20, 2010

Nottingham, United Kingdom
#272New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 22:11:35
A few people have said that AA is not just about colour.....ok maybe not but in the real world I think it is! why else was it bought into action?? it certainly wasnt bought in to help all the white people already going for and getting jobs was it?? IF there wasnt a problem and ALL races were given FAIR chances and OPPPORTUNITY it wouldnt exist! there is the answer!
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#273New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 03:58:44
@Suz74 Said

A few people have said that AA is not just about colour.....ok maybe not but in the real world I think it is! why else was it bought into action?? it certainly wasnt bought in to help all the white people already going for and getting jobs was it?? IF there wasnt a problem and ALL races were given FAIR chances and OPPPORTUNITY it wouldnt exist! there is the answer!

As explained earlier in the thread- it is to help equal employment opportunties regardless of race. It is only used when the candidates are equal as the strongest candidate will get the position. However a white person can receive consideration if they are in the minority overall. That is not often the case. It also looks at gender inequalities.

#274New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 10:44:25
@shinobinoz Said

As explained earlier in the thread- it is to help equal employment opportunties regardless of race. It is only used when the candidates are equal as the strongest candidate will get the position. However a white person can receive consideration if they are in the minority overall. That is not often the case. It also looks at gender inequalities.

That as maybe but imo race has been and still is an issue when it comes to employment and on the whole this law is for minority races as it is people of colour who mostly get discriminated against in the work place - sorry but thats what I see in the work sector!
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#275New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 10:48:21
@Spinkiegirl Said

And some of them created bastards as well.....didn't they?

That they did. f***ing everything that moved I'm surprised they had any time to write the DOI
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#276New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 13:27:34
@Spinkiegirl Said

We can't forget about those Native Americans either!!! The founders excluded them as well.....and that is exactly why I believe what I do!!! You can't say one thing then turn around and do the opposite!! It's NOT right nor is it moral!!!

That is true but, at least the government negotiated treaties (as worthless as they were)and granted sovereign nation status, but never compensated them for stolen land etc..

Chicago, Illinois
#277New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 16:54:46
@Suz74 Said

You are right......and I don't see why those who don't favor the AA.....won't UNDERSTAND this FACT!!! Kudos!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#278New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 16:56:43
@Suz74 Said

That as maybe but imo race has been and still is an issue when it comes to employment and on the whole this law is for minority races as it is people of colour who mostly get discriminated against in the work place - sorry but thats what I see in the work sector!

Most non-whites in this country fully understand this!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#279New Post! Apr 16, 2010 @ 17:01:13
@KAMPA Said

That is true but, at least the government negotiated treaties (as worthless as they were)and granted sovereign nation status, but never compensated them for stolen land etc..

And it is our past history of govt. that created these prevalent race relations that stained our country to this very day!!! The govt. did the wrong...they alone should correct their wrongs!!!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#280New Post! Apr 17, 2010 @ 05:11:57
@Suz74 Said

I agree. 8)
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#281New Post! Apr 17, 2010 @ 14:49:14
Every government job has "minorities" sitting on their butts milking the clock for a paycheck and does not perform their jobs. This is what AA provides for you. I am not saying that all minorities are lazy, but usually those that get hired based on a quota.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#282New Post! Apr 17, 2010 @ 15:52:33
@rocket48 Said

Every government job has "minorities" sitting on their butts milking the clock for a paycheck and does not perform their jobs. This is what AA provides for you. I am not saying that all minorities are lazy, but usually those that get hired based on a quota.

You know that IS racist statement rocket? As if whites are all hard working or deserve jobs or advancment.

#283New Post! Apr 18, 2010 @ 18:50:42
@rocket48 Said

So you are saying that all Minorities who have a job are just basically wasters who just wanna get paid?? they have no ambition? they have no skills? they have no goals?? I see lots of white people doing just the same thing so dont understand how u can come to the conclusion that only "minorities" do this - imo they have to work harder and prove themselves 100% more to get noticed and make a stance.
raditz On March 24, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#284New Post! Apr 18, 2010 @ 20:09:53
@Suz74 Said

So you are saying that all Minorities who have a job are just basically wasters who just wanna get paid?? they have no ambition? they have no skills? they have no goals?? I see lots of white people doing just the same thing so dont understand how u can come to the conclusion that only "minorities" do this - imo they have to work harder and prove themselves 100% more to get noticed and make a stance.

They have to work harder to prove themselves, but yet they have a lower standard they have to meet to get into a job, college, etc.... Sure. lol
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#285New Post! Apr 18, 2010 @ 22:34:11
@raditz Said

They have to work harder to prove themselves, but yet they have a lower standard they have to meet to get into a job, college, etc.... Sure. lol

Fail.
Learn to read before you fail again.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...17 18 19 20 21 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs