Man Talk

Advice for a shy girl?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
LittlePinky82 On January 29, 2015

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#1New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:14:36
I'm still figuring the forum out and enjoying everything so I apologize if I am not supposed to post here. For the guys I am the type of girl who in high school had low self-esteem when it came to guys because I used to be very shy. With the help of friends I became less shy but still wasn't sure about boys. The boys who did like me I didn't hang out in their crowd. They were preppy/popular and well I wasn't. I had my friends and that was pretty much it. Now I'm older and I'm not so shy anymore. In my major you kinda can't be shy. When I meet a guy I am myself and fine until if it's someone I have feelings for. Then I become shy. I'm wanting to not be so shy anymore and remain the same me. I'm now into someone and am comfortable around him but I don't want the same thing to happen with this guy. So any advice for a shy girl? I also wanted to add with the guys in high school I thought they were doing a cruel joke and only later found out they did like me when it was too late heh heh go figure so I don't want to stay where I am now.
Falsifying On December 19, 2013
Google is watching.

Austin, Texas
#2New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:16:57
@LittlePinky82 Said

I'm still figuring the forum out and enjoying everything so I apologize if I am not supposed to post here. For the guys I am the type of girl who in high school had low self-esteem when it came to guys because I used to be very shy. With the help of friends I became less shy but still wasn't sure about boys. The boys who did like me I didn't hang out in their crowd. They were preppy/popular and well I wasn't. I had my friends and that was pretty much it. Now I'm older and I'm not so shy anymore. In my major you kinda can't be shy. When I meet a guy I am myself and fine until if it's someone I have feelings for. Then I become shy. I'm wanting to not be so shy anymore and remain the same me. I'm now into someone and am comfortable around him but I don't want the same thing to happen with this guy. So any advice for a shy girl?

No regrets.
Guys love confidence, doesn't matter what it takes to show it.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#3New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:17:27
What is your major, Pinky?
CptObvious On February 04, 2010

Miami, Florida
#4New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:18:10
criminal justice

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#5New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:19:37
@Saegespaene Said

What is your major, Pinky?

Criminal justice.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#6New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:20:08
@CptObvious Said

criminal justice

Now I know why you're called cptobvious.
Falsifying On December 19, 2013
Google is watching.

Austin, Texas
#7New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:20:44
@CptObvious Said

criminal justice

@LittlePinky82 Said

Now I know why you're called cptobvious.

I was thinking that too.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#8New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:21:13
@Falsifying Said

No regrets.
Guys love confidence, doesn't matter what it takes to show it.

The thing with me is I have all the confidence in the world with guys until I'm crushin. *blush* Other wise I can talk all day if I had to haha.
CptObvious On February 04, 2010

Miami, Florida
#9New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:21:32
lolz well you said it in your other thread and i remembered

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#10New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:21:53
@Falsifying Said

I was thinking that too.

LOL great minds and all that jazz.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#11New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:22:14
@CptObvious Said

lolz well you said it in your other thread and i remembered

LOL. You got a good memory at least.
cjm31 On July 05, 2012

Jerusalem, Israel
#12New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:23:30
you say you are now only shy around men you like, so to me this does not seem to be a matter of feeling shy but of self confidence. learn to know your strengths and your weaknesses and focus on your strengths and who you are I am sure you have a lot to offer in a relationship and I am sure in time your shyness will disappear.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#13New Post! May 06, 2009 @ 04:27:14
@cjm31 Said

you say you are now only shy around men you like, so to me this does not seem to be a matter of feeling shy but of self confidence. learn to know your strengths and your weaknesses and focus on your strengths and who you are I am sure you have a lot to offer in a relationship and I am sure in time your shyness will disappear.

Thanks. It's always just been one of those things.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#14New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 01:37:31
I believe your shyness comes from you over thinking that your self worth won't measure up.

Try this Pinky for 10 days.

Every morning when you end up in the bathroom looking at yourself in the mirror, get real close and look yourself right in the eyes, then say this, "I Love You (enter your name here), you're a good person and I know your aim is true."

Sure, doing this for the first time or two will seem hard to do and a little weird. Keep at it every day for 10 days. I guarantee that by the 4th day, it'll seem a little funny and you may laugh... that's OK. But by the 7th or 8th day, you are going to feel something deep inside your soul... a warm fuzzy feeling, kind of like a free buzz. By the 10th day, you will look into your eyes and see a confident woman and saying I Love You will feel natural. Then go see this guy you like and tell him just how you feel about him.

J.R.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#15New Post! Jul 31, 2009 @ 18:30:07
I guess with me I don't feel worthy with that. The last guy I confessed to with my feelings things didn't work out and he was into someone else. We're still friends and chat every once in a while so that's good and I see him around campus sometimes.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs