AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#1New Post! Dec 12, 2015 @ 02:31:04
Does anyone else do this?

I bought a few coloring books this semester and a set of coloring pencils and have been doing some coloring when I'm stressed out, which is often. Sometimes I just take a half hour breaks and do a section, sometimes I'll spend a few hours on them.

It's apparently trendy now, but it is fun.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Dec 12, 2015 @ 02:59:07
at Walgreen, they have these books. I been attempt to buy one for myself. you are right does look like fun do. they are about 13 dollars for the book. i am in a good mood and patient mood to this book. right now, since I retired, I don't have too much stress in my life to need the book.

but 6 years, when I was laid-off from my job, and looking for another job. I couldn't find worked, I just gave up, and then retired. I could used this coloring book back then for stress.

when I was a kid in the 60's, they came out with color by painting with numbers. they had coloring book by numbers. it was popular back then, too. I never knew back then, it dealt with stress.

for kids, that I had books that numbers when around a empty space that look like a picture. you had to connect the numbers to for a picture. it was a good way to teach little kid to learn to count. the is before " electric company " and " sesame street ".
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#3New Post! Dec 12, 2015 @ 03:10:36
I saw a book recently that was color by numbers. It was a mystery picture, like once you started filling it in you could see what it was. I did not buy it though.

I mostly got mine from amazon, so they ranged from $3 to almost $15. I forgot exactly, but it was the secret garden one, its pretty big and very very intricate.

A coworker bought a poster to color and put it up on one of the pillars at work. It seems to be going really well, someone can stop and color for a bit. It's at standing height, so it doesn't encourage people to hang out too long, but it's good for a little break. It seems to help when everyone is getting cranky dealing with the public. Nicer than loudly b****ing about them in the back.

I do remember the connect the numbers in coloring books as a kid I liked those too.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Dec 12, 2015 @ 03:34:46
these books are like needlepoint that you help you relax and that help reduce the stress.

years ago, I bought ( I forget what is called. ) sand is contained plastic container. the sand look like designed as a mountain or a ocean, that flipped upside down. it make a another picture. it didn't helped me with stress, I like designs it made.

one of the stupid for a toy for stress for executives is a box of sand. that look like your back or front yard of your house. look like a little rake, with this rake, you rake the sand in on direction like a try to make a garden. it was a popular toy in 90's and 2000's. but I never see how help you with stress.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#5New Post! Dec 12, 2015 @ 05:36:25
You mean there is such a thing as not gluing your eyes to a smartphone screen during breaks?!?!
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Dec 12, 2015 @ 13:59:50
My wife has a few books...I've done a few pages in them. It is surprisingly relaxing.
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#7New Post! Dec 12, 2015 @ 14:29:34
My mom copied a few pages for me at first, but then I bought a couple books of my own. One with paisley designs and one with mandala designs. I also find it soothing and relaxing... Plus it also has been helping with my writing as well; as I sit and color, my mind just kind of starts working on its own... I even find myself snapping at my 6y/o a lot less... And it also encourages HIM to draw and color and be creative.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Dec 12, 2015 @ 14:37:37
My friend bought me a book as a leaving present, been doing it the last couple of nights and really enjoyed it.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#9New Post! Dec 12, 2015 @ 21:17:04
I've done that forever.. At first I felt stupid for doing it, but hey, I like so I do it!
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#10New Post! Dec 12, 2015 @ 21:20:45
When I was doing my course recently, a few of my classmates stopped by Puff (you can probably guess what they sell there... ) and got some really crazy looking colouring sheets. They spent most of the last two days of the course colouring them. In retrospect, I probably should've grabbed some too.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Dec 13, 2015 @ 02:54:32
I have the Secret Garden colouring book, it's sooooo theraputic
BASSinYoFace On May 10, 2016

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Dec 13, 2015 @ 04:15:03
I'm more of a drawing person than a colouring person... I saw someone comment "you mean it's possible not to be glued to your smartphone during breaks!?" and it reminded me i do actually have a "colouring book" app on my phone lol, i've only used it a few times though... i don't have the patience for it and yet i can spend hours drawing if i'm in the right mindset
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#13New Post! Dec 14, 2015 @ 16:11:41
My sister does this or she did.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#14New Post! Dec 14, 2015 @ 16:19:50
and please let it known that I am a wee disappointed that "adult coloring" isn't the same as "adult content coloring"

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Dec 14, 2015 @ 16:24:33
i wonder if going to be a book like these coloring books, in form adult version of a sticker book. i enjoyed when i was a kid, spending time with sticker books. i think it could relax to spend time with a sticker book, after work.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs