The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Religion

According to most religions, this world is only 5000 years old. So do they believ

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Revoprod On September 11, 2009

United States, United States (
#16New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 15:57:47
We are not baptists.
Liquefied On November 21, 2009

Deleted

Bartonville,
#17New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 16:08:52
@Prejudge Said

According to most religions, this world is only 5000 years old. So do they believe in dinosaurs?

I mean how does that work? Dinosaurs are around 75 million years old. I'm not a rocket mathematician(joke) or anything, but if you consider yourself a religious person, wouldn't that contradict those teachings? And before you try and debunk carbon dating, remember the bible, quran, adn others were carbon dated.

I don't care what they say. I bought a book called "Forbidden Archaeology." I saw a tv show on "Discovery" once. In the tv show, they mentioned human footprints and dinosaur footprints together. Scientists said the human footprints were made millions of years later. One scientist, decades after the finding, decided to follow both sets of prints. He found the prints went beneath limestone that was older (carbon dated) than the humans were supposed to be walking like that, upright. It showed a dinosaur hunting a human, following his footprints.

In the Book of Job in the Bible it mentions Leviathon. Scholars mention this HAS to be an alligator, and they go back to Chaldean and Hebrew, but to me it describes a dragon. I think what we're calling dinosaurs today, ancient people called dragons.

In the book "Forbidden Archaeology" (which I purchased after viewing the tv show, and there are 3 books, 2 for layman and 1 for college students of archaeology), there are thousands of findings that modern science REFUSES to look at because it is contrary to what they preach. I've found out modern archaeology preaches a rigid standard, and if anyone (scientist) goes against it they get blackballed. Archaeologist better hope and pray they don't find archaeological digs that run contrary to their scientific belief system, or if they do, they shouldn't publish their findings in journals or they'll be sorry.
sirkewl On July 25, 2009

None of your business, Canada
#18New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 16:11:30
That depends on whether they believe the Dinosaurs and Human beings lived at the same time or not.
sirkewl On July 25, 2009

#19New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 16:16:46
@FuzzyLogic Said

I think Bill Hicks summed it up best..

"Get this, I actually asked one of these guys, OK, Dinosaurs fossils - how does that fit into you scheme of life? Let me sit down and strap in.
He said, "Dinosaur fossils? God put those there to test our faith."
I think God put you here to test my faith, Dude. You believe that?
"uh huh."
Does that trouble anyone here? The idea that God.. might be.. f***in' with our heads? I have trouble sleeping with that knowledge. Some prankster God running around: "Hu hu ho. We will see who believes in me now, ha ha." [mimes God burying fossils] "I am God, I am a prankster." "I am killing Me."

So that's where it came from?

Ever think he was just being a comedian and made up a story?
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#20New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 16:20:47
@Liquefied Said

I don't care what they say. I bought a book called "Forbidden Archaeology." I saw a tv show on "Discovery" once. In the tv show, they mentioned human footprints and dinosaur footprints together. Scientists said the human footprints were made millions of years later. One scientist, decades after the finding, decided to follow both sets of prints. He found the prints went beneath limestone that was older (carbon dated) than the humans were supposed to be walking like that, upright. It showed a dinosaur hunting a human, following his footprints.

In the Book of Job in the Bible it mentions Leviathon. Scholars mention this HAS to be an alligator, and they go back to Chaldean and Hebrew, but to me it describes a dragon. I think what we're calling dinosaurs today, ancient people called dragons.

In the book "Forbidden Archaeology" (which I purchased after viewing the tv show, and there are 3 books, 2 for layman and 1 for college students of archaeology), there are thousands of findings that modern science REFUSES to look at because it is contrary to what they preach. I've found out modern archaeology preaches a rigid standard, and if anyone (scientist) goes against it they get blackballed. Archaeologist better hope and pray they don't find archaeological digs that run contrary to their scientific belief system, or if they do, they shouldn't publish their findings in journals or they'll be sorry.

Hmmmmmm....Now that sounds like the other side of the coin of fundamentalist rigidity. I agree with you scientists can be as rigidly dogmatic in their closely held belief systems as religious fundamentalists. When new facts come along which call for alteration or modification of existing scientific structures they go into denial. This is why the generations must work together. The visionarys in each succeeding generation drag the rest of society along to new ways of looking and new ways of seeing things. Maybe one day a peace-maker will come along and show the world that war doesn't solve problems but rather compounds them. This peace-maker will teach that forgiveness allows us to get on with the business of living our owns lives. This new peace maker will have to be a woman. bybee
sirkewl On July 25, 2009

#21New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 16:29:09
@bybee Said

Hmmmmmm....Now that sounds like the other side of the coin of fundamentalist rigidity. I agree with you scientists can be as rigidly dogmatic in their closely held belief systems as religious fundamentalists. When new facts come along which call for alteration or modification of existing scientific structures they go into denial. This is why the generations must work together. The visionarys in each succeeding generation drag the rest of society along to new ways of looking and new ways of seeing things. Maybe one day a peace-maker will come along and show the world that war doesn't solve problems but rather compounds them. This peace-maker will teach that forgiveness allows us to get on with the business of living our owns lives. This new peace maker will have to be a woman. bybee

That person already lived, died on a cross to satisfy the peace of all man kind, and rose again.

He doesn't need another person to complete what he already completed.

Unfortunately, human beings will not accept his teachings, and continue to live outside God's law, and continue to try to win an un-winnable war.
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#22New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 16:31:58
@sirkewl Said

That person already lived, died on a cross to satisfy the peace of all man kind, and rose again.

He doesn't need another person to complete what he already completed.

Unfortunately, human beings will not accept his teachings, and continue to live outside God's law, and continue to try to win an un-winnable war.

You got it! I was trying to make a point without being too pushy. bybee
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#23New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 16:46:09
generally they believe that dating techniques and geology, as well as many other areas of science are just plain wrong.
dinosaurs they think are only a few thousand years old too.

everything we know suggests that that is complete nonsense and that the earth is indeed very old as are dinosaurs.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#24New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 17:21:11
God is f***ing with us he put those there to test our faith. Cause he thinks that blindly believing in him is not enough he has to put contradicting proof so in spite of it we still believe. He is very insucure and also he is getting a good laugh at us digging around in the dirt to find them.

Or there is a much more logical explaination. When people oringinally wrote the bible they couldn't fathom millions of years of time and had no knowlege of evolution. Now that our knowlege of the earth has changed people try to make the bible fit with that knowlege.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#25New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 17:26:08
What the real missing piece is:

God didn't create the world in 6 of OUR days. I know I'm not the only one to come up with this, but I don't know where to site anyone else has, but hear me out.

The calendar we use is not the first calendar that humans have ever used, I'll give you that all of them were based on sun rises, and sun sets, but in all, time was not measured as it is now *in four weeks in a month...so on and so on*

So, say that we are thinking our day, not God's day *which, many theological experts say could be 1000 years* we asses this with the Creation of Earth.

Day one: God created the Heavens and the Earth
- ok... Heavens is the universe, and I think that Moses, who wrote this account of creation had no real idea of other planets and such, as knowledge of the universe was quite... non exsistant at the time, so apply the word Plants instead of Earth. Don't you think that the creation, of an entire universe *heck even one solar system* would take more time than our preconceived notion of 24 hours?

- In Genesis 1:2:

Use link to cross reference Bible, as it will not let me copy and paste

In the Big Bang Theory, it names a time of a nearly formless mass that is Earth. It was empty of all life forms, and was covered in molton lava. I can't, for the life of me find the website that I got it from, but the website was a great for explaining the BBT, how it worked, it really made sense to me. Anyway, this website, talked of a flood that caused land to form. *no, I'm not saying the flood with Noah, although, the story of Noah might have come from the idea of this flood*. So... the second thing, after the earth and universe is formed is the formation water and sky which may be a Biblical explain the flood the BBT talks about.

-Check out Genesis 1:6-8 this is one "day"
-Check out Genesis 1:9-12 this is the next "day"

Both of these ideas of Creation, fit with the pattern happening with BBT.

This is where there is a shift in how the BBT and Creation work out. Sun was not *in concern with science* created after the the Earth, and, I believe that this is true, but I also feel that there should be some leway to Moses *the believed writer of Genesis* who, had no way of investigating this. Although, that would negate God's knowledge in Moses's account.

After this, it follows a decent path with evolution, life in waters first, that evolves into life on earth, then man.... these actually coincide with each other pretty good.

The next trouble starts with Genesis 2. Trying to say that Adam and Eve were the first record of human life, but I think that this is wrong.... being that it comes after creation. Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden of Eden, there is no reason to believe that the Garden of Eden was the whole Earth, in fact, I believe * and this is just my belief* that the Garden of Eden was what Moses and the Jewish slaves of Egypt were going to in Exodus. I feel that there is the possibility that Adam was placed in the Garden of Eden when God created man outside the Garden of Eden also.
Prejudge On December 01, 2012

Free,
#26New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 17:59:13
@squirt_aka_casey Said

God didn't create the world in 6 of OUR days. I know I'm not the only one to come up with this, but I don't know where to site anyone else has, but hear me out.

The calendar we use is not the first calendar that humans have ever used, I'll give you that all of them were based on sun rises, and sun sets, but in all, time was not measured as it is now *in four weeks in a month...so on and so on*

So, say that we are thinking our day, not God's day *which, many theological experts say could be 1000 years* we asses this with the Creation of Earth.

- ok... Heavens is the universe, and I think that Moses, who wrote this account of creation had no real idea of other planets and such, as knowledge of the universe was quite... non exsistant at the time, so apply the word Plants instead of Earth. Don't you think that the creation, of an entire universe *heck even one solar system* would take more time than our preconceived notion of 24 hours?

In the Big Bang Theory, it names a time of a nearly formless mass that is Earth. It was empty of all life forms, and was covered in molton lava. I can't, for the life of me find the website that I got it from, but the website was a great for explaining the BBT, how it worked, it really made sense to me. Anyway, this website, talked of a flood that caused land to form. *no, I'm not saying the flood with Noah, although, the story of Noah might have come from the idea of this flood*. So... the second thing, after the earth and universe is formed is the formation water and sky which may be a Biblical explain the flood the BBT talks about.

This is where there is a shift in how the BBT and Creation work out. Sun was not *in concern with science* created after the the Earth, and, I believe that this is true, but I also feel that there should be some leway to Moses *the believed writer of Genesis* who, had no way of investigating this. Although, that would negate God's knowledge in Moses's account.

After this, it follows a decent path with evolution, life in waters first, that evolves into life on earth, then man.... these actually coincide with each other pretty good.

The next trouble starts with Genesis 2. Trying to say that Adam and Eve were the first record of human life, but I think that this is wrong.... being that it comes after creation. Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden of Eden, there is no reason to believe that the Garden of Eden was the whole Earth, in fact, I believe * and this is just my belief* that the Garden of Eden was what Moses and the Jewish slaves of Egypt were going to in Exodus. I feel that there is the possibility that Adam was placed in the Garden of Eden when God created man outside the Garden of Eden also.

To all you believers out there. Do you believe when you die, you'll go to heaven? Then why not kill yourself or have someone else kill you?
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#27New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 18:03:05
@squirt_aka_casey Said

@Prejudge Said

To all you believers out there. Do you believe when you die, you'll go to heaven? Then why not kill yourself or have someone else kill you?

We'll get there no matter what. Why not enjoy the trip? bybee
Prejudge On December 01, 2012

Free,
#29New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 18:14:34
@nikkylove Said

DAH! of course the world is 6000 years old.
Dinosaurs were just big lizards that lived with man in the garden of eve

common sence people, the world couldent exist before god made it

just read the bible

lol Another lost soul. and its 5000 yrs old. So you are saying that carbon dating was wrong?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs