@Abraham Lincoln Said
you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time
Never a truer word has been said.
I know there are some gripes about mods and admins. There always will be, in line with the quote from the big man himself.
However, I ask everyone to remember the following -
1. Moderating is not fun. It has absolutely no
perks for those that do it.
2. Moderators and admins give their time freely in an effort to make this site a better place for all it's members. We love TFS, and we want to make it a better place.
3. The favouritism that is often quoted simply does not exist. We all have better things to do with our time than try to vindicate individual members or laud others.
4. We try to deal with everyone on a level playing field, regardless of who they are. There are examples of people in the top ten of my friend list
that I have punched for contravening site rules. There are well known members of the site who have received warnings, had threads locked etc...
5. You will not agree with every decision we make. We have to try to do what is best for TFS and the majority of it's members in any given situation. You may not always be part of that majority.
When we see threads complaining about us, it is not only upsetting to us personally, but disreuptive to the site. All the mods and admins, and Tino, are easily accessible. It is fine to contact us directly with any questions that you may have. It's hard for us to not see these threads as trouble making, and yet we still try to allow them to run their course where possible.
In closing, please remember that we are members of this site too, and human beings. We have feelings, and they can be hurt. We are working for you
for no pay, and I don't think there is a member on the site that can say a moderator hasn't helped them in some way or other during their time here.