Random

About Friend Requests...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 13:06:49
Just out of curiosity, these really are not as relevant as they used to be are they?

Is there anything I'm posting that's firewalled unless someone is 'subscribed' to me?

I ask as I just accepted a request for the first time in like four years as Tino's board nowadays has been reduced to myself, a nutter or two and handful of forensic shrinks standing around a public toilet.
Mauve On March 24, 2024

San Antonio, Texas
#2New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 13:12:18
I added you because you're one of the regulars and there seem to be few of those lately XD

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 13:22:36
@Mauve Said

I added you because you're one of the regulars and there seem to be few of those lately XD

I have you added like seven times already =P
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#4New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 17:43:29
the only difference it makes is people can chose to make friends only journals, and only friends can post on each other's profile comments.

Though the use of profile comments has gone way down.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#5New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 21:51:01
@Electric_Banana Said

Just out of curiosity, these really are not as relevant as they used to be are they?

Is there anything I'm posting that's firewalled unless someone is 'subscribed' to me?

I ask as I just accepted a request for the first time in like four years as Tino's board nowadays has been reduced to myself, a nutter or two and handful of forensic shrinks standing around a public toilet.

So, here’s the deal: you and I and everyone else here on the form site.com are friends

we are all friends.

You are my friend.

I am your friend.

I love you.

you love me.

we love each other.

It’s fine. It’s fine. It’s all fine.

Seriously there’s only like 10 of us left. And every day I come to visit My glorious friends on the formsite.com with a full knowledge that even though you may not know what country I live in or my actual name or whether not I’m living or dying.

but in spite of all of that there is a true kinship ——Kinmanship of heart and mind.

kind of.
TankGirl On December 10, 2019

Dublin, Ireland
#6New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 22:18:21
Um...I don't know anyone and I'm nobody's friend here, but it seems very quiet. How is it possible to keep a site going with so little traffic?

I kind of admire people who stick with things like this though, like you're the last survivors in the Post-facebook apocalyptic wastelands of the net.

I'd just like an old-fashioned message board with lots of chat and lots of regulars you get to know, but social media has evolved away from discussion boards to echo chambers and Twittering.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 22:27:00
@Electric_Banana Said

I think it depends on the site and who's adding you.
chaski On about 7 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 23:05:07
@TankGirl Said

...like you're the last survivors in the Post-facebook apocalyptic wastelands of the net.

Yes we are exactly that.

More could come here, but they are addicted to facebook (even though many many complain about it)... and many have opted for Instagram (just pictures and videos madam!).
Stalker

#9New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 23:07:44
@Electric_Banana Said

I think I only see your journals when I'm logged in... same with Erimitus.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#10New Post! Mar 26, 2019 @ 23:23:40
All journals are only visible when logged in. That's a site setting, not something your friends list determines.

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Mar 27, 2019 @ 11:06:12
@TankGirl Said

Um...I don't know anyone and I'm nobody's friend here, but it seems very quiet. How is it possible to keep a site going with so little traffic?

I kind of admire people who stick with things like this though, like you're the last survivors in the Post-facebook apocalyptic wastelands of the net.

I'd just like an old-fashioned message board with lots of chat and lots of regulars you get to know, but social media has evolved away from discussion boards to echo chambers and Twittering.

I sort of half suspect that I'm quarantined from a much heavier populated TFS

Like the monster they have to keep hidden on the back porch and only the few that know I'm out here wander the ground on guard duty

But the ultimate benefit to having a forum up like this is that it serves as A Rorschach

I mean if you went loopy and were planning something bad but wanted to discuss your great plan would you do so with grams and uncle Ralphy on Facebook?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Mar 27, 2019 @ 12:03:02
@Electric_Banana Said

I sort of half suspect that I'm quarantined from a much heavier populated TFS

Like the monster they have to keep hidden on the back porch and only the few that know I'm out here wander the ground on guard duty

But the ultimate benefit to having a forum up like this is that it serves as A Rorschach

I mean if you went loopy and were planning something bad but wanted to discuss your great plan would you do so with grams and uncle Ralphy on Facebook?

A "Shadow-TFS" that only certain people have access too?
Like the "Back Room" in a video store?
Or a used car lot as a front for the mob?

No, noo.. Nothing like that here.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

TankGirl On December 10, 2019

Dublin, Ireland
#13New Post! Mar 27, 2019 @ 23:25:45
I hate to be *that* person, but I'm done with facebook for a couple of years now and it's one of the best things I ever did. I'm just not that interested in the minutae of the curated lives as displayed by most and I'm sure as all get out not that interested in checking in my every move. I'm just not a public person and while I like the online chat I want it semi anonymously instead of being 'exposed' as it were.

Shame this place has such little traffic, I much prefer this format to Reddit.
Stalker

#14New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 01:10:32
@TankGirl Said

I hate to be *that* person, but I'm done with facebook for a couple of years now and it's one of the best things I ever did. I'm just not that interested in the minutae of the curated lives as displayed by most and I'm sure as all get out not that interested in checking in my every move. I'm just not a public person and while I like the online chat I want it semi anonymously instead of being 'exposed' as it were.

Yes.

For me the biggest harassment is automobile ads. I have tried everything and they just keep on coming...

I stick with Facebook for three reasons: 1. I have a very large family spread out across the USA and around the world. Facebook is a good way to keep all of us in touch. 2. I also have many friends all over the world. Again FB is a good way to keep all of us in touch. 3. It has been useful for my non-profit, though that is fading... for a variety of reasons.

@TankGirl Said

Shame this place has such little traffic, I much prefer this format to Reddit.

Again... I agree with you.

Plus I like the smilies.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#15New Post! Mar 28, 2019 @ 03:44:34
@chaski Said

Yes.

For me the biggest harassment is automobile ads. I have tried everything and they just keep on coming...

I stick with Facebook for three reasons: 1. I have a very large family spread out across the USA and around the world. Facebook is a good way to keep all of us in touch. 2. I also have many friends all over the world. Again FB is a good way to keep all of us in touch. 3. It has been useful for my non-profit, though that is fading... for a variety of reasons.

Again... I agree with you.

Plus I like the smilies.

Ugh. The are f***ing with the algorithms again. Hiding a lot of fan pages unless they pay for promotion.

People are losing their audience and leaving the platform.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs