A year of job hoping and thinking.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
liamstatham On June 02, 2008

Nottingham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 11:12:00
Well, this is my first post.
so, Hello everyone!
I left school exactly one year ago today.
I didn't go into higher education, which somepeople thought and still think im an idiot for not doing.
But now, im not the one caught up in the rat race of paying for student bills and all that malarky.
When i left school i had no idea what i wanted to do, i decided to try the RAF, it seemed like the answer at the time.I took there exam, got the highest score you could get, which left every job they offer availible to me.I went for three interviews, at each one i was told i do not have enough life experience.
9 months on, ive had 5 jobs, travelled to places, expanded my mind, and realised what i want to do.
I've applied for a fair few apprenticeship schemes, involving mechanical engineering.
My favourite,Network rail is the hardest one to get into, but i will get the most out of this. I've got through the selection day, and i am now waiting for my interview date.
If this all does not go to plan, i am thinking of joing the forces once more. But this time i have a steady mind and a good feeling.
I am a fit and strong guy, never taken any drugs, never been in trouble with the police.

I wrote this, for anyone who needs to read it. everyone is expected to know what you want to do when your older, right from the day you leave school. Most people choose to go into higher education thinking they will get the better job, the better life. But this is not the answer.
Im not saying take a year away, just relax dont let the pressure get to you, you will realise what you want to do eventually.

This may seem a stupid or useless post for those who are older and have had jobs, deadend or not.

Thanks.

P.S this is not very structured, but i hope you get the jist of it.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 11:14:16
I know what you mean. I know exactly what you mean. I left school and went to college hated it and left after the first year

I think it was the best decision i made.
liamstatham On June 02, 2008

Nottingham, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 11:23:13
I know, alot of my friends are leaving there college this year, because, there just not getting enough out of it.
Danger_Mouse On June 29, 2017

Christchurch, New Zealand
#4New Post! May 23, 2008 @ 12:59:16
@liamstatham Said
Well, this is my first post.
so, Hello everyone!
I left school exactly one year ago today.
I didn't go into higher education, which somepeople thought and still think im an idiot for not doing.
But now, im not the one caught up in the rat race of paying for student bills and all that malarky.
When i left school i had no idea what i wanted to do, i decided to try the RAF, it seemed like the answer at the time.I took there exam, got the highest score you could get, which left every job they offer availible to me.I went for three interviews, at each one i was told i do not have enough life experience.
9 months on, ive had 5 jobs, travelled to places, expanded my mind, and realised what i want to do.
I've applied for a fair few apprenticeship schemes, involving mechanical engineering.
My favourite,Network rail is the hardest one to get into, but i will get the most out of this. I've got through the selection day, and i am now waiting for my interview date.
If this all does not go to plan, i am thinking of joing the forces once more. But this time i have a steady mind and a good feeling.
I am a fit and strong guy, never taken any drugs, never been in trouble with the police.

I wrote this, for anyone who needs to read it. everyone is expected to know what you want to do when your older, right from the day you leave school. Most people choose to go into higher education thinking they will get the better job, the better life. But this is not the answer.
Im not saying take a year away, just relax dont let the pressure get to you, you will realise what you want to do eventually.

This may seem a stupid or useless post for those who are older and have had jobs, deadend or not.

Thanks.

P.S this is not very structured, but i hope you get the jist of it.

College and University isn't all its cracked up to be.. I left school at 16 and earn as much now as many of graduate school companions! You just have to have a bit more luck I guess
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs