Politics

A vote for Labour?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 20:32:28
What could possibly make a UK voter choose to put their cross by the Labour candidate at the May 6th election?

I can only think of either amnesia or stupidity.
Pussy_Kat On November 24, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 20:33:30
Labour? Sounds too much like childbirth or hard work to me!
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 20:35:48
@Pussy_Kat Said

Labour? Sounds too much like childbirth

Voting Labour is way more painful than that!
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 23:12:58
Funny, that's the same thing I think about anyone who would vote for the Tories, UKIP or the BNP. I'd rather vote for Labour than see any of them in power.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 23:16:57
Can't stand Labour, never have.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 23:19:10
Because the alternative of the Tories is much much worse.
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Apr 12, 2010 @ 23:21:05
@sister_of_mercy Said

Because the alternative of the Tories is much much worse.

Why's that? Considering most seem to think it's a case of same horse different jockey anyway...

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:08:47
@davii Said

Why's that? Considering most seem to think it's a case of same horse different jockey anyway...

For one I don't think the Tory party has changed all that much from how it used to be. There's been a lot of obvious clean up work done to change the reputation of the party but I have the feeling that when it comes down to it they are still elitist and not really best for the people.

On a personal level, I disagree with some of their education policies; i.e. testing at age 6, the Citizen Service for 16 year olds, the planned overhaul of the A Level syllabus/exams and the proposed lift of the cap on tuition fees, which would mean that universities will be able to charge higher prices so those who are from poor backgrounds may miss out). I also disagree with their policy on keeping nuclear power and the fact that they want to re-appeal the fox hunting ban.

I know that Labour aren't a thousand miles away from the Tories, but their policies seem a lot more likely to benefit everyone, rather than the Tory's plans which will benefit only some.
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 12:24:49
@sister_of_mercy Said

For one I don't think the Tory party has changed all that much from how it used to be. There's been a lot of obvious clean up work done to change the reputation of the party but I have the feeling that when it comes down to it they are still elitist and not really best for the people.

On a personal level, I disagree with some of their education policies; i.e. testing at age 6, the Citizen Service for 16 year olds, the planned overhaul of the A Level syllabus/exams and the proposed lift of the cap on tuition fees, which would mean that universities will be able to charge higher prices so those who are from poor backgrounds may miss out). I also disagree with their policy on keeping nuclear power and the fact that they want to re-appeal the fox hunting ban.

I know that Labour aren't a thousand miles away from the Tories, but their policies seem a lot more likely to benefit everyone, rather than the Tory's plans which will benefit only some.

Much like "New Labour" in my view.

Don't be fooled into thinking only the elite/rich are motivated by greed, or that prosperity and equality can be enforced by quotas.

Then again, I think it was Mark Twain (?) that said "If voting actually changed anything, they wouldn't let us do it..."
Idioteque On July 14, 2010

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 20:52:53
@GeneticAnomaly Said

What could possibly make a UK voter choose to put their cross by the Labour candidate at the May 6th election?

I can only think of either amnesia or stupidity.

well i've got the choice of
Ian Cawsey
Labour
Richard Nixon
Liberal Democrat
Andrew Percy
Conservative
Steve Ward
British National Party
Nigel Wright
UK Independence Party
Pussy_Kat On November 24, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 20:56:40
@sister_of_mercy Said

There's already testing for age 6/7 - my kid sis is doing it! lol. You're right about universities though, although fox hunting is kinda more an urban v country thing.

Labour always steals people's stuff - my step family lost their estate due to Labour based inheritance tax, so we basically hate their guts lol. Bunch of commies!

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 21:14:45
@Pussy_Kat Said

There's already testing for age 6/7 - my kid sis is doing it! lol. You're right about universities though, although fox hunting is kinda more an urban v country thing.

Labour always steals people's stuff - my step family lost their estate due to Labour based inheritance tax, so we basically hate their guts lol. Bunch of commies!

Labour haven't been anywhere near as left so as to be considered 'commies' in a very long time.

I know there's already testing at that age but at the moment the Tories are saying they want to keep SAT's and those kind of exams which are a bit unnecessary and teachers may be striking over not being allowed to opt out of doing them. Fox hunting is much more than just an urban vs rural thing, but there are other threads for that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs