Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 04:02:41
A question for Erimitus...and others...

Premise: Self-awareness is the capacity for introspection and the ability to recognize oneself as an individual separate from the environment and other individuals.

Is it more important to be "self-aware"?

Or

Is it more important to be aware of one's community (or species).... community-aware?

(Side note:

We humans (apparently) claim to be "self-aware". I recently saw a video of otters that seemed to work as one...as a group...in a state of community-awareness...as a group the otters were "aware" of a threat, a food source, another otter...with little or no "discussion" they as a group seemed to have a collective awareness...a community awareness that was more important than "self-awareness".... Of course my interpretation could be wrong.)
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 04:56:10
I kind of wonder , when I am watching or think about " the borgs " from " star trek: the next generation ".

the borgs has awareness of collective thoughts that could be " community awareness ". in sense, they don't think independent, because they are not program to respond that way.

in sense, a community work as one to go for a common goal as the borgs. the borgs can't express them or not all to. or will be eliminate , no free of thought.

community awareness work at one with free thought. people to have their opinions, and they can express.

collective awareness could be threat by self awareness. for example, hilter could been threaten by germans was opposed by his views. that would be self awareness than collective awareness.

individualism does separate collective awareness with community awareness. community awareness can be control by city and the government, even religion.

collective awareness is one goal, and that is it. no discussion or no opinion just do it.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 06:24:20
C: Is it more important to be "self-aware"?

Or

C: Is it more important to be aware of one's community (or species).... community-aware?

E: I would say know the one (i.e., the environment) dwell in the other (i.e., the self).

E: This could be used as a definition of a spiritual person.

E: beyond that I will have to give it some thought.

#4New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 06:26:26
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. (this is a metaphore for what happens to a person who is born into a society)

#5New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 06:38:14
Collective consciousness refers to shared beliefs, attitudes which operate as a unifying force within society. It is best to know the beliefs and attitudes of the group. Even if you do not agree it may be best to pretend to agree.

I believe I am beginning to understand your question better. The term self is somewhat ambiguous. It could refer the soul (essence) or it could refer to mental processes (the mind).

I see the self and the mind as separate interdependent entities that along with the body (another separate entity) are a subset of another entity (i.e., the individual).

What do you think?

#6New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 15:26:01
@Erimitus Said

Collective consciousness refers to shared beliefs, attitudes which operate as a unifying force within society. It is best to know the beliefs and attitudes of the group. Even if you do not agree it may be best to pretend to agree.

I believe I am beginning to understand your question better. The term self is somewhat ambiguous. It could refer the soul (essence) or it could refer to mental processes (the mind).

I see the self and the mind as separate interdependent entities that along with the body (another separate entity) are a subset of another entity (i.e., the individual).

What do you think?

when a person with amnesia is self aware; what is he aware of?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 16:31:53
@Erimitus Said

when a person with amnesia is self aware; what is he aware of?

he would more aware of basic instincts than who he or she is. the person depends on their instincts, because the person, who they are.

their self-awareness would be the instinct to survive.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 16:37:48
@twilitezone911 Said

he would more aware of basic instincts than who he or she is. the person depends on their instincts, because the person, who they are.

their self-awareness would be the instinct to survive.

also, without instinct to survive the person might want to find out , who he or she is.

self-aware is a purpose for a goal. someone, who lose his memory, who do what he or she to regain his or her memory.

self-aware is a purpose for us to find ourself.

#9New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 20:15:57
@twilitezone911 Said

also, without instinct to survive the person might want to find out , who he or she is.

self-aware is a purpose for a goal. someone, who lose his memory, who do what he or she to regain his or her memory.

self-aware is a purpose for us to find ourself.

I memory part of self-awareness?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 20:33:12
@Erimitus Said

I memory part of self-awareness?

you mean that memory help you evolute yourself to the next level of your existence. the answer is yes.

your brain put a mental block that prevent your memory to restore, then you are not evolute. you are stuck.

you lost your memories that is blocking it, your brain trying regain your memories. that progress is mental block from your access.

how the brain manual access it without learn how do before. the process was very natural to you, without being train for it.

your self-awareness would be loss, because no memory to trigger it.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Feb 13, 2017 @ 01:28:16
@Erimitus Said

What do you think?

I was thinking this morning with this post.

I was thinking of star trek's episode, " the return of the archons ", that cross my mind, when you discuss above " collective consciousness " above. this episode was written by gene roodenberry ( creator of star trek ) this episode might be first hint of the idea of the borgs twenty later in star trek: the next generation.

the storyline of the episode starts with kirk and the crew went to investigate a planet that has maybe the crew of uss archon that was lost 100 years earlier.

lt. sulu and other crew member goes to undercover on the planet, find what happen to the crew of archon. they were about beam back to the enterprise, but the town dwellers find out, what they were doing.

the leader of the town, reger, who accused the crew party not be part of landu, who is their leader of archons.

reger corner sulu and the other crew member before they beam up. reger told they have violate their laws. reger said to sulu, you are not " not of the body " you must be absorb, must be part of " will of landu ". before sulu can react to threat, behind reger were two men in dress in robes carrying a large staff in both men's hands. these men call " lawbreakers ".

right when, sulu is getting beam up, the lawbreakers point their staffs at them. reger said, " you will be absorb! " the lwabreakers shoot their staff killing the other crew member. but sulu does get hit by the blast, but beam back to the ship.

when sulu comes back the ship in a stance that bones can't seem to wake him out of him. kirk ask sulu, what happen to him and where the crew member was? kirk look at sulu, and sulu look in with peace with himself. all, sulu said to kirk, " the will of landu ".

of course, kirk, spock, mccory and few security crew members beam down to the surface of the planet.

they bean down right sulu and the other crew member was. they see a town with people that are walking and doing normal things. before kirk and crew members react reger come out tell them, must get off the street before " the festival " begin. they will be kill by the townforks.

the festival is a period of violence, destruction, and sexual aggressiveness that last between 6:00pm to 6:00 am.

reger leads to his hotel to stayed the night. kirk and the crew is hotel room, looking out their windows, people stoning each others, and killing each others, and other things.

in the morning, 6:00 am, the people just stop immediately, when back to their own things. kirk , spock and bones were confuse by this.

kirk and his crew members goes down to the first floor of the hotel. reger immediately tell kirk to leave the planet, because they are dangerous being kill. one of reger's workers goes and get the lawbreakers to stop reger.

reger told kirk, he can hide him and his team. before they leave, the worker and the lawsbreakers can cover them from leaving. the worker accuse kirk, " they not the body of landu ". they were about be absorb ,but one of reger's friend step in front of kirk, and the friend can get absorb and dies.

kirk and the crew bring out their phasers shoot at the lawbreakers, and the reger lead them out to the street. but the town people seem them, with hesitance, if the people had no will of their own. start walking and pick weapons off the street from the festival.

kirk told the team put the phasers on stun, not to kill. kirk and the team shoot some of the people , but it was to many for them to stop. he call scotty to shoot from the ship, a widespread stun beam to knock out the whole town at once. that work, reger got to them to safe, that happen to be dungeon under a building.

reger explain to kirk that landu can destroy his ship, then kirk call scotty, and confirm this kirk. scott warn kirk that heat beam from the planet will take out their shield in 12 hours, and the enterprise will lost it's orbit station pull from the planet. by the time, scotty was finish landu use ultrasound pitch knock out kirk and the crew.

the lawsbreakers take mcory and their security team away from the dungeon. reger told kirk, they will be absorb by the will of landu. then all sudden, mccory and the rest of the crew come back and they were in stance. then spock, kirk, and reger went the other side of dungeon to talk. but mccory heard and screaming , " you not the body of landu ". of course, spock give mccory, vunclan pinch,and spock put on his bed to sleep it off.

mccory warning was heard, and the lawbreakers came, and reger sacrifice himself to protect kirk.

the lawbreakers take kirk to be absorb in a chamber that has the first lawbreaker, who is the voice of landu. should said he is first command, Marplon. the lawbreaker tell his men to hook up kirk to a machine, and leave him.

kirk was ready to be absorb, but the commander didn't absorb him but told kirk , he is one his side. then spock come in with his guards, and the commander told them to leave.

then , marplon explain to them, that he was like reger a resistance group against landu. but marplon doesn't really know who landu is, but landu been around in society for 100 years.

all sudden, kirk and spock see landu appear out of nowhere. just standing there, not said anything. at this time, marlpon gave back to kirk and spock , their communicators and phasers in good faith.

at this time, marlpon was afraid of being in the same room with landu. kirk was trying to talk to landu, but spock realized kirk was talking to hologram.

both kirk and spock shot their phasers at landu, the wall behind landu was dissolving from their blast. what they saw next, it was a room with a big computer in it.

kirk and spock realizes the crew of archons broke federation's prime directive not to inference any civilization of any kind. the computer was controlling how the people of the planet was to function to live. the computer was their landu, a god to them.

spock figure out, when the captain of archons project the image of landu to the people think he didn't violate the prime directive too much. when the last crew members of archon died, the computer program of landu is running. kirk trick landu in destroy himself or the computer.

so spock and kirk decide to give the town people their freedom back to them and reeducate under the federation. one of the security team decide to stay back personally help the town people.

then kirk, spock, and mccory and the enterprise left orbit, and start their next mission.

#12New Post! Feb 13, 2017 @ 03:07:20
@twilitezone911 Said

I was thinking this morning with this post.

I was thinking of star trek's episode, " the return of the archons ", that cross my mind, when you discuss above " collective consciousness " above. this episode was written by gene roodenberry ( creator of star trek ) this episode might be first hint of the idea of the borgs twenty later in star trek: the next generation.

the storyline of the episode starts with kirk and the crew went to investigate a planet that has maybe the crew of uss archon that was lost 100 years earlier.

lt. sulu and other crew member goes to undercover on the planet, find what happen to the crew of archon. they were about beam back to the enterprise, but the town dwellers find out, what they were doing.

the leader of the town, reger, who accused the crew party not be part of landu, who is their leader of archons.

reger corner sulu and the other crew member before they beam up. reger told they have violate their laws. reger said to sulu, you are not " not of the body " you must be absorb, must be part of " will of landu ". before sulu can react to threat, behind reger were two men in dress in robes carrying a large staff in both men's hands. these men call " lawbreakers ".

right when, sulu is getting beam up, the lawbreakers point their staffs at them. reger said, " you will be absorb! " the lwabreakers shoot their staff killing the other crew member. but sulu does get hit by the blast, but beam back to the ship.

when sulu comes back the ship in a stance that bones can't seem to wake him out of him. kirk ask sulu, what happen to him and where the crew member was? kirk look at sulu, and sulu look in with peace with himself. all, sulu said to kirk, " the will of landu ".

of course, kirk, spock, mccory and few security crew members beam down to the surface of the planet.

they bean down right sulu and the other crew member was. they see a town with people that are walking and doing normal things. before kirk and crew members react reger come out tell them, must get off the street before " the festival " begin. they will be kill by the townforks.

the festival is a period of violence, destruction, and sexual aggressiveness that last between 6:00pm to 6:00 am.

reger leads to his hotel to stayed the night. kirk and the crew is hotel room, looking out their windows, people stoning each others, and killing each others, and other things.

in the morning, 6:00 am, the people just stop immediately, when back to their own things. kirk , spock and bones were confuse by this.

kirk and his crew members goes down to the first floor of the hotel. reger immediately tell kirk to leave the planet, because they are dangerous being kill. one of reger's workers goes and get the lawbreakers to stop reger.

reger told kirk, he can hide him and his team. before they leave, the worker and the lawsbreakers can cover them from leaving. the worker accuse kirk, " they not the body of landu ". they were about be absorb ,but one of reger's friend step in front of kirk, and the friend can get absorb and dies.

kirk and the crew bring out their phasers shoot at the lawbreakers, and the reger lead them out to the street. but the town people seem them, with hesitance, if the people had no will of their own. start walking and pick weapons off the street from the festival.

kirk told the team put the phasers on stun, not to kill. kirk and the team shoot some of the people , but it was to many for them to stop. he call scotty to shoot from the ship, a widespread stun beam to knock out the whole town at once. that work, reger got to them to safe, that happen to be dungeon under a building.

reger explain to kirk that landu can destroy his ship, then kirk call scotty, and confirm this kirk. scott warn kirk that heat beam from the planet will take out their shield in 12 hours, and the enterprise will lost it's orbit station pull from the planet. by the time, scotty was finish landu use ultrasound pitch knock out kirk and the crew.

the lawsbreakers take mcory and their security team away from the dungeon. reger told kirk, they will be absorb by the will of landu. then all sudden, mccory and the rest of the crew come back and they were in stance. then spock, kirk, and reger went the other side of dungeon to talk. but mccory heard and screaming , " you not the body of landu ". of course, spock give mccory, vunclan pinch,and spock put on his bed to sleep it off.

mccory warning was heard, and the lawbreakers came, and reger sacrifice himself to protect kirk.

the lawbreakers take kirk to be absorb in a chamber that has the first lawbreaker, who is the voice of landu. should said he is first command, Marplon. the lawbreaker tell his men to hook up kirk to a machine, and leave him.

kirk was ready to be absorb, but the commander didn't absorb him but told kirk , he is one his side. then spock come in with his guards, and the commander told them to leave.

then , marplon explain to them, that he was like reger a resistance group against landu. but marplon doesn't really know who landu is, but landu been around in society for 100 years.

all sudden, kirk and spock see landu appear out of nowhere. just standing there, not said anything. at this time, marlpon gave back to kirk and spock , their communicators and phasers in good faith.

at this time, marlpon was afraid of being in the same room with landu. kirk was trying to talk to landu, but spock realized kirk was talking to hologram.

both kirk and spock shot their phasers at landu, the wall behind landu was dissolving from their blast. what they saw next, it was a room with a big computer in it.

kirk and spock realizes the crew of archons broke federation's prime directive not to inference any civilization of any kind. the computer was controlling how the people of the planet was to function to live. the computer was their landu, a god to them.

spock figure out, when the captain of archons project the image of landu to the people think he didn't violate the prime directive too much. when the last crew members of archon died, the computer program of landu is running. kirk trick landu in destroy himself or the computer.

so spock and kirk decide to give the town people their freedom back to them and reeducate under the federation. one of the security team decide to stay back personally help the town people.

then kirk, spock, and mccory and the enterprise left orbit, and start their next mission.

The Festival = The Purge

#13New Post! Feb 13, 2017 @ 03:10:07
@Erimitus Said

The Festival = The Purge

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Feb 13, 2017 @ 03:16:30
@Erimitus Said

The Festival = The Purge

I never thought that far. I never see either " the purge " movies, because they to stupid to watch.

I did like the premise of " the purge ", what I read from " wilki " and but the commercials were stupid.

you are right, the festival would premise of the movie, and probably little of George owell's " 1984 " mix in.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Feb 13, 2017 @ 04:42:53
@Erimitus Said

Landru: "The good of the body is the prime directive."

federation's prime directive is basely kirk or any captain literally took over a planet, he would violate their way of life. it would not naturally for the civilization.

here is three examples of prime directive that corrupt by the federation :

kirk came down a planet that was run by Nazi. kirk that his friend, who was captain of starship that came to the planet before. kirk's friend decided that the people of planet need evolve more. he thought that they need a leader that give a destiny or a purpose.

he thought that hilter and his reign was the best example to teach how run the planet. kirk found that his friend was pawn instead the boss of the operation.

the second example is similar to first one above. it was a world of gladiators.

the three example is one of my favorite episode call " a piece of action ".

kirk, spock, and bones beam down a planet that lived in 30's and 40's, where the city of Chicago, where al capote was live in and living well. the world of gangsters were ruling the planet.

kirk found that years ago, a starship captain visited the planet, and left the book behind about al capone and the roaring 20's. the people was high technology behind 100 years to adapt to level the federation. but in time, they be on the same level.

kirk know this book violate the prime directive. kirk had to convince the mob bosses of this planet, that " the federation " is going take over the operation.

kirk got all the crime bosses in one place to meet. kirk got them all sitting at one table. kirk pretend to a big crime lord to trick the crime bosses to make him, their bosses.

kirk had convince them, how powerful he was. one of the bosses at the table decide to wipe out the competition and kill all other crime bosses, he will be number one.

outside the building, the crime lord's gang was having a shoot out with bodyguards of the crime lords that waiting for their bosses. kirk had to deal with his own shoot out, where the meeting was.

kirk was telling the lords, before the shooting out in the street, that the federation want " the piece of the action ". kirk told the federation will take small profits of from their organization.

this is when the shoot out start, the crime lords didn't believe what kirk was saying. they all look out through the windows of the room. then, kirk said my boys up there, can stop this shoot out with my ship.

none of the crime lords believe kirk, so, kirk take out his communicator talk to scotty. kirk try to talk bad gangster slang. scotty said to kirk, captain say what? " kirk had to put his communicator near his mouth to hide what he saying in front of the crime lords. kirk said I want to widespread phasers to stun around the building. " scotty said, " aye, captain ".

so few seconds later, kirk and the crime lords look out the windows, and the gangs shooting at each other. then a bight burst of red light cover them. then the gangsters went boom-boom to the ground, they were out of the count.

the crime lords more than convince that the federation was their boss. kirk was comfortable with their agreement and they beam up.

the episode's end, kirk, spock ,and mccory was on the bridge. they were talking about the mission. mccory said to kirk, I think I left my communicator down on the planet.

indirect way, kirk point out to mccory that he violate the prime directive by leaving his communicator down on the planet.

he left advantage technology that to culture that can adapt to their own culture.

kirk said to mccory, " bones, by leave that kind of technology down there. in few years now, they want a piece of our action. "
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs