Relationships

A nursed lied to me.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
Conflict On about 12 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Dec 22, 2012 @ 21:36:07
Maria and I were becoming friends, or so I thought. We were talking, getting to know each other. I asked for her email address and sent her an email the same evening. She didn't reply and was absent later at Catalan class two days later. The following week I spoke to her and she told me that she hadn't received my email and didn't know why.

I sent her another email from my alternate yahoo account, but she still hadn't received it. I offered to give her my telephone number but she asked for my email. I wrote it, all in caps and it has now been since monday and she hasn't sent me a message. i asked her to in a polite manner, as I have always spoken to her, and yet, she's remained silent.

The truth is that this woman, Maria, a nurse in training, lied to me, something I would never expect from a woman whose civic duty is to care for others and be honest. Why, has this rather shocking event happened? I was nothing but kind and open to Maria. I treated her with respect and interest and she responds like this?
colonelbleep On December 15, 2015

, North Carolina
#2New Post! Dec 22, 2012 @ 21:47:03
She probably just doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Best to just let it go and find someone else, although she may make a great friend.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 22, 2012 @ 21:53:46
Just because she's a nurse doesn't mean she's not human, human's tell lies, even little white lies like the one she may have told you. As Colonelbleep said, it sounds like she doesn't want to hurt your feelings.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#4New Post! Dec 22, 2012 @ 22:19:04
You were not her patient and this was not a lie regarding medical care so I fail to see what her being a nurse has to do with lying. People from all professions tell lies and unless its regarding their profession where they have a legal duty to not lie to client or patent, they are human.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#5New Post! Dec 22, 2012 @ 22:29:50
Well you did say you asked her for her email, it wasn't she who initiated things.
At least now you know how she really feels. Let it go; move on, s*** happens...at least you tried.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#6New Post! Dec 22, 2012 @ 22:33:15
She hasn't replied and more likely then not, she won't. As the others have said, she's not interested.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#7New Post! Dec 22, 2012 @ 23:50:43
Maybe she tried to politely tell that she wasn't interested, but you didn't get it....

Or maybe she is a very private person and/or you are not the only thing in her life and/or she has been busy and/or sick and now feels that you are going a little OC on her...

Giver her space and time... and in that space and time maybe you should hang out with and/or look for other women to be your friend.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Dec 22, 2012 @ 23:58:55
@Conflict Said

Maria and I were becoming friends, or so I thought. We were talking, getting to know each other. I asked for her email address and sent her an email the same evening. She didn't reply and was absent later at Catalan class two days later. The following week I spoke to her and she told me that she hadn't received my email and didn't know why.

I sent her another email from my alternate yahoo account, but she still hadn't received it. I offered to give her my telephone number but she asked for my email. I wrote it, all in caps and it has now been since monday and she hasn't sent me a message. i asked her to in a polite manner, as I have always spoken to her, and yet, she's remained silent.

The truth is that this woman, Maria, a nurse in training, lied to me, something I would never expect from a woman whose civic duty is to care for others and be honest. Why, has this rather shocking event happened? I was nothing but kind and open to Maria. I treated her with respect and interest and she responds like this?

I realize you're not upset with her rejecting you - You're upset because she's being dishonest.

Dishonesty used to piss me off more than anything but then I realized that many upon many people are far too weak to be able to tell the truth.

It is to try once or twice with no expectations and be invitational with everyone you meet.

The one that will work out will be the one who is honest with their feelings and honest enough to not be afraid to call and ask why they haven't heard from you.

It takes somewhat of an aggressive personality to bluntly let someone down.

That's why care givers tend to usually be shy.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 23, 2012 @ 02:07:41
@Conflict Said

You sound pretty desperate. She could probably sense that, as women do. You should of kept talking and just getting to know here, instead of bombarding her with requests.

And sending her emails from other accounts, that reallly, really sounds desperate. If she didnt reply to the first whats gonna change her mind. It just makes you look worst.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#10New Post! Dec 23, 2012 @ 02:15:18
I'm still trying to figure out how you came to the conclusion that just because she's a nurse that automatically makes you believe that she should have responded to you in any way differing from any other woman in any profession.

A nurse is in the profession of caring for her patients. After she's off the clock she's first and foremost a woman which equals a human being, so they don't exactly have to placate every man that puts a move on them in my opinion.

You initiated contact with her, you e-mailed her, she didn't respond, drop it and move on.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#11New Post! Dec 23, 2012 @ 03:39:02
Is it fine to seduce her with a gun? It might be a more powerful physical state of love than a mental understanding for improbability.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#12New Post! Dec 23, 2012 @ 03:44:41
Just to point out that there is a mock up of constant duality of mind over body... mind over body-- over body, mind over body --over body-- over body, etc. in the ballistic predictions.
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#13New Post! Dec 23, 2012 @ 04:20:52
Well,,, She may not have put the email address in correctly. There may be a logical explanation for what is happening. Just relax, have a talk with her. Anxiety is a turn off. Cool and understanding is where you should be. Buy some flowers. red roses, and be cool, and listen.

Corey.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Dec 23, 2012 @ 11:55:24
@Corey Said

Buy some flowers. red roses,

Corey.

From a female's point of view- Don't do this! It'd personally freak me out a bit.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Dec 23, 2012 @ 11:59:40
The Spanish male equivalent of Why_Me?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs