Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#1New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 20:36:22
https://washingtontimes.com/commentary/20060819-095341-7635r.htm

"We don't need to ban water from planes; we need to keep terrorists off them. To most effectively do so, we need to get over our obsession with "bad" things (laptops, lighters, bottled water) and start looking for bad people."
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 20:40:22
sorry but that quote about looking for bad people - i mean duh!

Anyways all planes have water on them already, and drinks trolleys whats the problem?
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 20:44:26
Quote:
We should start by categorizing travelers into three groups.

now that part seems crazy to me, i mean im sure terrorists can fake a background if they want to, also whats stopping the terrorist from kidnapping someone with high clearance's family and getting them to take a bomb on board?

Deleted

#4New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 20:49:45
@treebee Said
sorry but that quote about looking for bad people - i mean duh!

Anyways all planes have water on them already, and drinks trolleys whats the problem?

The quote is in reference to the latest trend that since terrorists now have liquid explosives, ALL liquids must be banned from planes.

We do seem to have lost sight of true goal of security, to stop the bad men. We think that as long as we can stop anything even vaguely suited to use as a weapon (which apparently my nail clippers are), then we are safe. This is, of course, garbage - as has been shown on many occassions.

Even if you don't believe in the methods this gentleman is laying out, you surely must agree that more focus is needed on the people, and less on the items.

New technology and new bombs are being developed all the time. What shows up on security screening today, won't show up tomorrow. We have too much faith in our machines, and minimum wage, over worked security screeners.

Deleted

#5New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 20:52:17
@treebee Said
now that part seems crazy to me, i mean im sure terrorists can fake a background if they want to, also whats stopping the terrorist from kidnapping someone with high clearance's family and getting them to take a bomb on board?

Sorry Treebs, but I think I'll file this one under "too many hollywood movies". If they could do this, they'd have access to do much worse things than put bombs on planes.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 20:54:24
I know over here they are working damn hard at cracking the terrorists before anything happens. But then we seem to be a breeding ground for the buggers.

Personally i think a passenger needs no luggage in the cabin at all. I think everything you may need apart from medication is available on the plane. Virgin airlines give you a bag with goodies in, drinks are free etc etc. So why cant this be adopted by other airlines?

Deleted

#7New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 21:08:31
@treebee Said
I know over here they are working damn hard at cracking the terrorists before anything happens. But then we seem to be a breeding ground for the buggers.

Personally i think a passenger needs no luggage in the cabin at all. I think everything you may need apart from medication is available on the plane. Virgin airlines give you a bag with goodies in, drinks are free etc etc. So why cant this be adopted by other airlines?

Do you fly long distance a lot? Jesus, if I was stuck on a translatantic flight without my carry on baggage after a few hours terrorists would be the least of their worries.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 21:08:34
@stumblinthrulife Said
The quote is in reference to the latest trend that since terrorists now have liquid explosives, ALL liquids must be banned from planes.
They have plastic explosives, so why haven't they banned all plastics?

Deleted

#9New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 21:09:25
@cole Said
They have plastic explosives, so why haven't they banned all plastics?

Because they have machines that can detect plastic explosives. They don't have machines that can detect liquid explosives.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 21:09:32
@stumblinthrulife Said
Do you fly long distance a lot? Jesus, if I was stuck on a translatantic flight without my carry on baggage after a few hours terrorists would be the least of their worries.

doesnt bother me, they have tv screens, you can carry a book in your hand, they have booze, im happy
sal On November 29, 2007

Beirut, Lebanon
#11New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 21:12:36
well all ppl should take with them on airplanes or they should let them take is: their money and passes ofcaurse and all those papers.. and jacket if they got cold.. and their medicine if they take any,, and thats it,, other ones shouldnt be let in with them..
digitalis On March 23, 2008

Cornwall, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 21:13:03
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 21:16:39
Some people just take the piss on flights though, when i went to the US last year people were trying to bring full sized suitcases on board just cause they were too fecking lazy to wait for the baggage handling. I think anything bigger than a hold all should not be allowed.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 21:19:47
@cole Said
Some people just take the piss on flights though, when i went to the US last year people were trying to bring full sized suitcases on board just cause they were too fecking lazy to wait for the baggage handling. I think anything bigger than a hold all should not be allowed.

That really annoys me, i have no idea why people need so much fecking stuff with them. They fill the overhead locker with their crap leaving me holding my duty free vodka

Deleted

#15New Post! Aug 21, 2006 @ 21:21:12
@sal Said
well all ppl should take with them on airplanes or they should let them take is: their money and passes ofcaurse and all those papers.. and jacket if they got cold.. and their medicine if they take any,, and thats it,, other ones shouldnt be let in with them..

Do you fly much? I ask, because it's really easy to say all these things if you don't spend half your life jumping on and off planes. I often fly for one day meetings, or for one night stays. By taking limited hand luggage my trip goes faster, smoother and easier, since I don't have to fight my way through hundreds of tourists at the baggage claim. I just get off the plane, and head for passport control and customs.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs