A Perfect World Looks Like..?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#1New Post! Jun 28, 2020 @ 23:03:49
I figure that seeing as how we bicker a lot here and I am the evil fascist dude I might start a thread where we can say what the world should look like from our perspective.

I'll start.

Ideally I want a world where everyone is a white heteromale or suitably subservient white heterolesserbeing who excels at making sammiches but has no voice box or vote.

Ok... now that I have triggered y'all with my humour what I really want is this:

All people should be free to think and believe and act in whatever way they want (as long as it involves consenting adults and does not end in people dying). People should be free to hate us and even tell us they hate us if they are an asshat, but they should not be free to act on that hate or incite others to.

Religion? Be what you want, including not believing in any.

Sexuality? Be what thou wilt. Just leave kids alone, and leave unconsenting adults alone. Maybe lay off the animals too, but if vegetables are your thing that is ok, just don't put it back in the fridge once you're done with it.

Race? Who gives a rat's? We are all people. Everyone should be given a realistic chance to succeed or fail depending on our choices. I absolutely do not want equal outcomes. I only want people to be given opportunity to succeed.

Law? It should apply equally to all.

Government should be as small as possible, and only big enough to do the job of creating a stable, safe nation where everyone has the freedom to live and the opportunity to succeed. Those who can not take care of themselves should be assisted by the state (ie., us, through tax).

I would prefer that we keep distinct, independent nations that keep their own distinct culture. Ideally they would also get along, and people could freely travel anywhere they wanted in any country.

Feel free to say what an ideal world looks like to you.
chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Jun 29, 2020 @ 00:04:01
Utopias are for fools.

Heaven is really hell.

I am already living in a world that is as perfect as it could ever be with humans, so I'm good with it as it is.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#3New Post! Jun 29, 2020 @ 00:18:25
Honestly, I’d just like to join a group of new people and not find out within a couple weeks they think it’s ok to start dropping the “n-word” and talking derogatory about “all those people” and how f***ing awesome the confederacy was in a place where I have to be nice on camera, when every s***ty thing they are saying could apply to me, they don’t realize I’m one of “those people”. I really would appreciate it if white power marches and chants weren’t being supported as being ok, and other (non straight, non-white) people dying being something they deserved.

Maybe a while ago I could have talked about how society works. Debates how to draw up a budget or something, and how we could fix it. But I’ll be straight up honest, I’ve been hurt so much in the past few months, that I literally wonder if I will make it to 2021. Ideally, I’d settle for just being able to live.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#4New Post! Jun 29, 2020 @ 01:33:33
@chaski Said

Utopias are for fools.

I agree. Utopia will not work if it has people in it.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#5New Post! Jun 29, 2020 @ 02:01:17
@DiscordTiger Said

Honestly, I’d just like to join a group of new people and not find out within a couple weeks they think it’s ok to start dropping the “n-word” and talking derogatory about “all those people” and how f***ing awesome the confederacy was in a place where I have to be nice on camera, when every s***ty thing they are saying could apply to me, they don’t realize I’m one of “those people”. I really would appreciate it if white power marches and chants weren’t being supported as being ok, and other (non straight, non-white) people dying being something they deserved.

Maybe a while ago I could have talked about how society works. Debates how to draw up a budget or something, and how we could fix it. But I’ll be straight up honest, I’ve been hurt so much in the past few months, that I literally wonder if I will make it to 2021. Ideally, I’d settle for just being able to live.

chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Jun 29, 2020 @ 02:52:17

Wow... such a special person you are.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#7New Post! Jun 29, 2020 @ 03:29:45
Yup.
I watch South Park.

It’s still a really s***ty thing to post.

Not That I really expected different though, so there’s that.
Darkman666 On about 22 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Jun 29, 2020 @ 03:50:35
i am in the group that you use " those people " or " they " not saying i saying i used the n word. i have you the n word in my 20's and 30's.these days, i thinking the word: " n " word to different things.

i found out a couple of years ago, i tried to more " politic correct " using the for " african americans " speaking to blacks. blacks just told me called them: blacks. so now: i call them blacks.

normally, i will said " we " or " they " not saying a partically i seem have saying pronoun not noun in descripting people. i been told drive the a person, i talked crazy figure out. who in the f*** " we " or " those people " are.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#9New Post! Jun 29, 2020 @ 04:16:48
@darkman666 Said

i am in the group that you use " those people " or " they " not saying i saying i used the n word. i have you the n word in my 20's and 30's.these days, i thinking the word: " n " word to different things.

i found out a couple of years ago, i tried to more " politic correct " using the for " african americans " speaking to blacks. blacks just told me called them: blacks. so now: i call them blacks.

normally, i will said " we " or " they " not saying a partically i seem have saying pronoun not noun in descripting people. i been told drive the a person, i talked crazy figure out. who in the f*** " we " or " those people " are.

It was more the derogatory stuff that bothered me. Not that they were less than politically correct.
I can deal with people using awkward phrases if their intentions are in the right place and they are willing to try for next time. I say stupid s*** all the time.

I also say sorry if I hurt someone unintentionally.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jun 29, 2020 @ 05:45:09
I don't have any real idea of what Utopia should be. Why should I..? All I try to do is make as decent a world as possible for my family and people I know and care about.

The thought that we can't say what we want is a fallacy. We can. We can say anything we like.

What we can't do is break the law with our free speech.

The government - bowing to the same "will of the people" and the exercising the same democratic process that Brexiters were so eager to defend as "sacrosanct" last year - have voted over the years, quite democratically, to pass certain laws that prohibit hatred and discrimination.

Liberty and the law of the land are not quite the same thing although generally they co-exist alongside each other. But when they do come into conflict, the law trumps liberty. Every time. And rightly so in my opinion.

Where the two come into conflict (eg: an individual wants to say something that contravenes the law) then the law will prevail. The law doesn't tell you "Don't say these words", it says "If you say these words, you will be penalised for it."

There is a strange idea that freedom of speech is freedom to say anything you like without consequence. This is not so and nor should it be. All wrong, harmful, hateful and discriminatory actions be they physical or verbal SHOULD have consequences.

I mostly find that the only people who buck against anti-hate legislation will generally:

a. Want to do hateful things.

b. Expect to get away with it by using flimsy excuses ("It was only a joke" ).

c. Get very angry about being penalised quite lawfully for... er.... breaking the law.

d. They will then claim they are law abiding and not hateful despite having demonstrated quite clearly that they aren't and they are.

Me...? I like to use my freedom of speech. I exercise it quite frequently as you may or may not have noticed. I'm doing it now. I'm not being hateful or discriminatory. I'm not breaking any law.

Overwhelmingly I like the law of the land. It does have some aspects that I don't like. For instance, I don't like the Snoopers Charter but I understand that if used correctly and not abused by the State, it is a useful tool in the fight against crime and terrorism.

I don't like the police having firearms units - I'd much rather we had a 100% unarmed police service. But I understand that some criminals use firearms and are extremely dangerous. Armed police units are a regrettable fact of life.

These are aspects of our society that I don't like, but this is the same society and law that allows me to go about my daily life in - generally - peace and liberty. It tolerates the Gay Pride festivals my wife and I love to attend - despite the hate and intolerance we still suffer from some sections of society.

It's the same law that changed to enable my wife and I to marry, something that was denied to us for so long. It was later changed to enable me to obtain the IVF treatment that I couldn't previously lawfully obtain, and has blessed me with a daughter whose future I am determined to do all I can to ensure.

We have GOOD law. We have a good society. We entrust the administration of both of these things to people who we believe will make us a humane and civilised country. We are a free people with liberties that need to be guarded and protected jealously.

And whether we like it or not, whether it suits our own personal aims and desires in any given situation, we ARE all subject to it equally.

Do as you will. That is your liberty. Use that liberty to break the law at your peril.
mrmhead On about 22 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! Jul 01, 2020 @ 12:13:35
Economics - Something needs to be done about "money".
It may not be the root of all evil, but it sure is behind of a lot of it.

I've wondered about some kind of formula where salaries (and bonuses) of C-Levels and management are tied to the salary/pay rate, and number of "worker-bee" employees.

Profit margins should also be limited so we don't end up with $800 toasters...

It would still reward for hard work and position, but not at the expense of the workers.

(google snip)
CEOs see pay grow 1,000% in the last 40 years, now make 278 times the average worker. The pay gap between top executives and workers continues to be wide. Since 1978, CEO compensation rose 1,007.5% for CEOs, compared with 11.9% for average workers, according to the Economic Policy Institute.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs