The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Woman Talk

A Boyfriend's reaction to Girlfriend coloring her hair.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 19:46:03
This is about a friend of mine and her boyfriend.

They have been 'seeing' each other for about 2 1/2 years . hey don't live together because they each own their own homes . He will come to her place for the weekend or she goes there for the weekend .

For several months now the B/f has been making remarks or dropping hints about how hot he finds redheads, my friend has Lt. brown hair with auburn high lights . Shes been coloring her hair for quite sometime but has stayed with her natural color .
So she thought about it and decided to surprise him . It was her turn to go to his place and on the way she stopped and picked up a box of hair color in a nice shade of red.
Anyone that has colored their hair knows how it works , you apply the color wait 25 or so minutes and then rinse etc...
So, before her shower she applies the color and comes out into the living room to watch TV while she waits the 25 minutes .
There is that smell and it's not the prettiest hair do . when the B/F gets a whiff of that smell he starts complaining about ' damn , WTF is that stink ? My friend tells him what it is and he goes all stupid about how thats something a Man should never have to see or know anything about . That is suppose to be as private as a woman's time of the month an on and on he goes acting all insulted and indignant like she has broken some damn Taboo or something . The more he goes off about , the funnier she finds it. And by the time it was time to rinse she's laughing at him so hard she can barely get the rinse and conditioning done.
When it was all over and done and they were getting ready to go out to dinner ,he's still pissed about it and acting like she has really f**ked up seriously and by then she's starting to get pissed about his BS reaction .

They made it though the weekend , but from what she said ,t=it was just barely .

She asked me if I thought she had done anything 'Wrong" or broken some 'Taboo' .
I don't believe she has .

Okay so the smell is unpleasant and maybe her laughing at him wasn't the best way to react to his reaction . .. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/smilies/confused3.gif"> [smile]https://c.tfster.com/images/galleries/full_6703737bb5276132dd68dce58a8b5b5d.gif"> [smile]https://c.tfster.com/images/galleries/full_6703737bb5276132dd68dce58a8b5b5d.gif">
I thought I would post it here and see what other women's thoughts are .
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#2New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 19:48:23
My thoughts?
What the HELL is wrong with that guy

It's just hair dye...
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 19:49:20
Wtf?

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 19:52:24
@eternus_somnium Said

My thoughts?
What the HELL is wrong with that guy

It's just hair dye...

Exactly, but he seriously acted like it was as bad as if she had changed her tampon in front of him or some thing.
They are both in their early 40's , so him actually using the word 'taboo' is pretty strange ,I think .
crazymofo On December 15, 2010

Lettsby Avenue, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 19:52:41
I'm surprised he noticed anything different about her hair to be honest.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 19:53:12
That's odd.

There are only three things people should keep away from their partners. Doing the toilet. Plucking nose hairs (gads). Inserting Tampons.

Nought wrong with Hair Dying.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 19:55:06
@crazymofo Said

I'm surprised he noticed anything different about her hair to be honest.

If it hadn't been for the smell , he probably wouldn't have .
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#8New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 19:57:12
He might just be EXTREMELY reserved. I dye my hair and do my nails right next to my bf all the time. He's complained about the smell but he makes fun of me after I color my eyebrows. Nothing about his reaction is rude to me though.

He should just be grateful he is with a girl who wants to please him and not be a d*** about it!

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 19:57:20
@jmo Said

That's odd.

There are only three things people should keep away from their partners. Doing the toilet. Plucking nose hairs (gads). Inserting Tampons.

Nought wrong with Hair Dying.

I agree.
That is the list of 'things that shouldn't be shared with a partner'

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 20:02:14
@foxytrot Said

He might just be EXTREMELY reserved. I dye my hair and do my nails right next to my bf all the time. He's complained about the smell but he makes fun of me after I color my eyebrows. Nothing about his reaction is rude to me though.

He should just be grateful he is with a girl who wants to please him and not be a d*** about it!

Well he blew it on that score. She stopped on her way home and bought a box of her natural color and when he showed up this weekend she was no longer a 'hot red head'.
He seems to have gotten his 'emotions' in check and seemed surprised that she had re colored her hair .
Bimbo On November 16, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Monaco
#11New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 20:04:09
I've yet to meet a man who looks above the nipples. Mind you, I am 6'4" in heels.
CannyMind On January 08, 2015

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 20:06:07
@white_swan53 Said

Exactly, but he seriously acted like it was as bad as if she had changed her tampon in front of him or some thing.
They are both in their early 40's , so him actually using the word 'taboo' is pretty strange ,I think .

The guy's obviously in need of some major therapy!

Even if she had been changing her tampon in front of him he should've been fine with it; for Christ sake he's meant to be in his forties!
I'd assumed he was just a daft kid/teenager. What a... ----! (Fill blank with chosen adjective, or noun!)

The woman should ditch him pronto, or at least tell him to grow the fook up!
CRYSTALTIPS On January 01, 2011
Crystallized Gem

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 20:09:47
I love the sound of your friend - her laughing at his reaction would probably have been mine. He sounds like an idiot, God help him in life if he finds that offensive.
As for her colouring her hair akin to her monthly cycle - the only similarity is the colour - and if he finds them similar - colouring her hair and having her period - what the hell is he like between the sheets? Does he not know the difference?
He doesn't sound grown up to me!
CRYSTALTIPS On January 01, 2011
Crystallized Gem

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 20:11:06
@CannyMind Said

The guy's obviously in need of some major therapy!

Even if she had been changing her tampon in front of him he should've been fine with it; for Christ sake he's meant to be in his forties!
I'd assumed he was just a daft kid/teenager. What a... ----! (Fill blank with chosen adjective, or noun!)

The woman should ditch him pronto, or at least tell him to grow the fook up!

I also thought he was just young - not in his forties - that's worse, he's set in his ways, she should leg it and run!
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#15New Post! Nov 06, 2010 @ 20:15:30
@white_swan53 Said

Well he blew it on that score. She stopped on her way home and bought a box of her natural color and when he showed up this weekend she was no longer a 'hot red head'.
He seems to have gotten his 'emotions' in check and seemed surprised that she had re colored her hair .

Well she should ask him which he likes and if he liked the red as "punishment" he can help her dye it It'll help him get over it and they can laugh about his reaction!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs