Random

700-Year-Old Poop Found,Still Reeks

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Apr 04, 2014 @ 17:27:18
Quote:

And in case you were wondering, the poop the barrels contained was in "excellent condition," reports Discovery News, with the Copenhagen Post explaining that its "putrid odor" hadn't diminished over the centuries.

Want to take a whiff for yourself? Well, you're in, um, luck. The site offers free tours, two days a week

https://www.newser.com/story/184822/700-year-old-poop-found-still-reeks.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=united&utm_campaign=rss_topnews

I am not sure which forum this topic should go on, it culd go on the history forum , maybe the scienc forum, since the main info that willl b learned from the 'find' will be what the people ate during that time period in that location and how the over all health of the community was so it would fit in the lifestyle forum . It's news but deffietly not new news . How interested in a find like this would a person have to be ,to take the free tour so they could get a wiff ?
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Apr 05, 2014 @ 02:04:48
Yeah..sorry about that - That was a pretty rough incarnation.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Apr 05, 2014 @ 02:47:43
in article, you see the barrels of doo-ram ( i use the term for the children, if they are read this, i could have type: S-H- I- T ! ) why buried the doo-ram ? what happen sewer tanks, for god's sake, where those the outhouses ?? do the people use toilet paper ? was it invented then ? archaeolgists can determine what the ate , what it dietary for them, or they could been diabetes, who know ? archaelogists get fresh view ( or peu ) aspect of life back then, study a chuck of life. let me honest, folks, do you really care about s*** or a barrels of s*** over 1000 years, i really don't give a s***, do you? the flies in my apartment reading this article, gave it . when flies are amazes by old s***, you really must be desperate to publish this article. what a good article about horse-mouth disease. that's all, i want to said about this exciting article. please excuse me, i really have take a dump now!

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Apr 05, 2014 @ 06:35:12
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#5New Post! Apr 05, 2014 @ 10:09:39
Scientists still can't figure out what REALLY caused the plaque, but they have no issue digging up a giant pail of turd from 700 years ago, finding out that the s*** does indeed stink.

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Apr 05, 2014 @ 11:31:16
@Grasshopper Said

Scientists still can't figure out what REALLY caused the plaque, but they have no issue digging up a giant pail of turd from 700 years ago, finding out that the s*** does indeed stink.

It does have a certain irony when you put it that way .
But to be fair, it's not scientists that are doing the digging here . Then again, most likely it is scientists that are doing the smelling and poking though the s*** to see what ever there is to see / smell .
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Apr 05, 2014 @ 15:00:18
Who knew poop could last so long.

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Apr 05, 2014 @ 20:48:47
@Cpat92 Said

Who knew poop could last so long.

I was thinking along that line also , how can wooden barrels filled with an organic matter and buried underground for 700 years still be in "excellent condition," . Since all it is all organic matter except for the iron rings on the barrels , I would have thought the whole 'mess' wouldn't be much more then a stain in the soil with maybe fragments of rust from the rings.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Apr 06, 2014 @ 02:01:11
the farmers use animal's turd for fertilizers, and home gardeners use the same for the lawn and gardens. the turd ( you know i not trying to said, ' s*** ', i am a good camper! ) a pile of ship doesn't or simply break down or decay rapidly in a container or even in ground. flies back then, probably, flies couldn't survived being around the barrel, if it is underground. if the turd decompose in the barrel, is it is possible could remain solid or even loose. what is the odds the turd eat away wood, and or even metal? the turd is flammable, you know the turd has gaseous, have you smell a good fart lately? if you throw a match inside the barrel, you have a new form: tnt. think about fork, if the military use, turd as a bomb, if the bomb doesn't kill them, the smell would! scientists studies the turd, you never know back then, what people really have in diseases. the turd is not fossilization. scientists find in these turds: living cells, that would be a pile of s*** worth keeping!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs