5 Pa. priests deemed unsuitable after sex abuse inquiry

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 03:34:59
Quote:
About 65 other Philadelphia priests have been credibly accused of sexual assault or abuse since the 1940s, according to the archdiocese's website. Twenty are now deceased. Twenty more remain have been placed in restricted ministry in recent years, and another 25 have been laicized. The archdiocese lists their names and church assignments on the website.

Philadelphia prosecutors unearthed hundreds of abuse complaints from secret church files for a watershed 2005 grand jury report that named 63 credibly accused priests, many still in ministry at the time. But they said the alleged crimes were too old to prosecute. No one was charged, and church leaders blasted the report as anti-Catholic.

https://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2012-05-04/priest-abuse-philadelphia/54748920/1?csp=24&kjnd=RPohKDU5mHsGPXLIMxiXvMRwcIXj2lKbdjub3AtHOeQGLePImJs%2Bdpc6OrrjiRy3-14a4a443-40c6-4cef-b79b-7180a52a3743_OZ3WfGMo0U2sEMgZKX4QzILs8Wxj%2F6F2GfYkDJvaMur4YuwqUCGR%2FQk5w1jlU2pF

secret church files ,"boundary" or "behavioral" problems , the need for transparency ??

How comforting this must be for the catholic victims an their families <<< sarcasium <<<
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 05:32:30
Why is it just catholic church preachers?

Maybe something to do with catholic school girl dress attire.

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 07:44:27
@Electric_Banana Said

Why is it just catholic church preachers?

Maybe something to do with catholic school girl dress attire.

It could that a priest is expected to stay celibate ,it is part of the vows he takes to become one. And if it's anything to do with school uniforms it seems it would be more the boys school uniforms .
I would bet / guess the reason they go for the boys is there is no chance of pregnancy .
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#4New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 16:09:32
We will not hear the end of these stories no time soon.
There are many surviving victims out there so traumatize,they cannot come forward for more support.

I guess one can be turned on looking at young boys.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 16:32:53
@PTF Said

We will not hear the end of these stories no time soon.
There are many surviving victims out there so traumatize,they cannot come forward for more support.

I guess one can be turned on looking at young boys.

This is just my own personal opinion of the deal. I have always thought that it wasn't that catholic priests are closet gays, but that with young boys there is no chance of pregnancy, the mind set of a priest being ' who would believe a boy when it came down to taking his story against a holy priest of tho church story'. With a girl and a pregnancy people would be more inclined to it listen, especially if the kid had strong family resemblance to its daddy.
IMO there is nothing more slimy and sneaky snake then a priest.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 17:21:32
@white_swan53 Said

It could that a priest is expected to stay celibate ,it is part of the vows he takes to become one. And if it's anything to do with school uniforms it seems it would be more the boys school uniforms .
I would bet / guess the reason they go for the boys is there is no chance of pregnancy .

i'm not sure it's about the pregnancy issue really... i'd say that more gay men would be drawn to religion .. because it takes a nurturing , self sacrificing type of personality ... which aren't usually male heterosexual traits... so if you have a higher proportion of gay men then it makes sense that more young males would be involved than young females ... before anyone slams me over this post ...i'd like to say that the vast majority of the hetero men i've met would not be able to put others first, and especially not deny themselves the pleasure of a naked female .
cisslybee2012 On January 30, 2013

Deleted

Bronx, New York
#7New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 17:27:22
@offbeat Said

i'm not sure it's about the pregnancy issue really... i'd say that more gay men would be drawn to religion .. because it takes a nurturing , self sacrificing type of personality ... which aren't usually male heterosexual traits... so if you have a higher proportion of gay men then it makes sense that more young males would be involved than young females ... before anyone slams me over this post ...i'd like to say that the vast majority of the hetero men i've met would not be able to put others first, and especially not deny themselves the pleasure of a naked female .

Good point.

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 18:19:04
@offbeat Said

Ther are few draw backs to your theory .
1, Gay men are attracted to gay men ,not male children. The word to describe adults who are attracted to children is totally different.
2, The way the catholic church has been since time began ,is to teach the lay catholic person that only those that are in charge, starting with the parish priest and going up , is allowed to intercede between the mere mortal lay catholic person and god, that is why they have confessions and the priest doles out whatever patience that he feels sufficient for whatever sins being confessed. It is a very very important part of the churches teachings, to make sure their congregation knows and believes with no question no doubt , that their parish priest is the top of the heap . And that the pope is so close to being just like god that it's hard to make out where the pope ends and god starts.
3, you would be hard pressed to find a truly 'nurturing and or self sacrificing type of personality in a priest . Sure he's all that and more as long as his congregation does what it is suppose to , like bringing their money , coming to confession , enduring the yoke of guilt the church teaches is thirds to bear,,etc
The Catholic church keeps a goodly supply of nuns for those 'hands on' jobs that needs someone with a ''nurturing and or self sacrificing type of personality'.

london, United Kingdom
#9New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 18:34:37
@white_swan53 Said

Ther are few draw backs to your theory .
1, Gay men are attracted to gay men ,not male children. The word to describe adults who are attracted to children is totally different.
2, The way the catholic church has been since time began ,is to teach the lay catholic person that only those that are in charge, starting with the parish priest and going up , is allowed to intercede between the mere mortal lay catholic person and god, that is why they have confessions and the priest doles out whatever patience that he feels sufficient for whatever sins being confessed. It is a very very important part of the churches teachings, to make sure their congregation knows and believes with no question no doubt , that their parish priest is the top of the heap . And that the pope is so close to being just like god that it's hard to make out where the pope ends and god starts.
3, you would be hard pressed to find a truly 'nurturing and or self sacrificing type of personality in a priest . Sure he's all that and more as long as his congregation does what it is suppose to , like bringing their money , coming to confession , enduring the yoke of guilt the church teaches is thirds to bear,,etc
The Catholic church keeps a goodly supply of nuns for those 'hands on' jobs that needs someone with a ''nurturing and or self sacrificing type of personality'.

i think we have become a little crossed in our points really ... i read your original post to mean that the priests were opting for boys... rather than girls to avoid pregnancy ...as if they had a choice in their sexuality to feel attracted to both genders .. in my opinion ... they are either homosexual abusers or heterosexual abusers ... i don't think that people who are attracted to children would just have any child regardless of gender .. i would imagine that the choice of gender would be relevant to them as it is with most people (unless of course there is a high incidence of bisexual priests) ... that's why i believe that they might be gay first and child abusers second .. i wonder if they were allowed to practice sex , whether there would ne a much lower incidence of abuse in the catholic church ..
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#10New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 18:38:14
Don't fool yourselves....this happens in MANY religions, it's just that Catholicism comes under greater scrutiny for some strange reason, maybe because of the size of the followers or the fact that priests and nuns supposedly take vows of celibacy, who knows???

I was raised Catholic, and I want to vomit on my feet at the thought of EVER attending another Catholic mass. I've lost all respect for a religion that is SO misogynistic and secretive!!!

n/a, New Mexico
#11New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 19:14:41
@BozieFozie Said

Don't fool yourselves....this happens in MANY religions, it's just that Catholicism comes under greater scrutiny for some strange reason, maybe because of the size of the followers or the fact that priests and nuns supposedly take vows of celibacy, who knows???

I was raised Catholic, and I want to vomit on my feet at the thought of EVER attending another Catholic mass. I've lost all respect for a religion that is SO misogynistic and secretive!!!

You are absolutely correct that it happens in all religions.
Back in the 1950's a local baptist preacher was caught . He had a young teenage girl under his podium giving him oral as he stood there preaching his fire and brimstone your all sinners and going to hell sermons...

It may be that the catholic church is so quick to try and hush up the complaints and clear the process of any wrong doing that it comes under greater scrutiny .

n/a, New Mexico
#12New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 19:47:45
@offbeat Said

i think we have become a little crossed in our points really ... i read your original post to mean that the priests were opting for boys... rather than girls to avoid pregnancy ...as if they had a choice in their sexuality to feel attracted to both genders .. in my opinion ... they are either homosexual abusers or heterosexual abusers ... i don't think that people who are attracted to children would just have any child regardless of gender .. i would imagine that the choice of gender would be relevant to them as it is with most people (unless of course there is a high incidence of bisexual priests) ... that's why i believe that they might be gay first and child abusers second .. i wonder if they were allowed to practice sex , whether there would ne a much lower incidence of abuse in the catholic church ..

I did start that post with "This is just my own personal opinion of the deal". and ended it with "IMO there is nothing more slimy and sneaky snake then a priest."
I have been raised around catholics all my life . And some of the 'demands' the church puts on it's members is just unreal.My opinion on priests and their sneaky snake slimy ways comes from some of the things I have seen friends doing ' because' the priest said they had to.
One of the things that has always been a sore spot for me is the practise of making a family pay the church to have the priest pray for a loved one that has passed away , the priest will pray the loved one out of purgatory and into heaven so the family can find comfort knowing their loved one didn't go to hell. I know a widow who at the time had 4 young children go without necessities , so she could pay the church to keep the priest praying for her departed husband who had been killed while drinking and driving. She paid the church to pray for him right up until her own death from a heart attack a few years ago. There are so many 'demands' similar to this one that the church puts on the lay persons wallets and time and energy to count.
One of my closest friends for more then 20 years is a gay man and have met a couple of his friends over the years gay and I have never seen any thing resembling the sneaky underhanded s*** that a priest does in the name of the church from any gay person man or woman. From what I have seen it isn't about attraction so much as it is about the 'power ' a priest holds over his parishioners. and as long as he is never caught red handed' he can and will be protected by the church.

london, United Kingdom
#13New Post! May 05, 2012 @ 19:54:20
@white_swan53 Said

I did start that post with "This is just my own personal opinion of the deal". and ended it with "IMO there is nothing more slimy and sneaky snake then a priest."
I have been raised around catholics all my life . And some of the 'demands' the church puts on it's members is just unreal.My opinion on priests and their sneaky snake slimy ways comes from some of the things I have seen friends doing ' because' the priest said they had to.
One of the things that has always been a sore spot for me is the practise of making a family pay the church to have the priest pray for a loved one that has passed away , the priest will pray the loved one out of purgatory and into heaven so the family can find comfort knowing their loved one didn't go to hell. I know a widow who at the time had 4 young children go without necessities , so she could pay the church to keep the priest praying for her departed husband who had been killed while drinking and driving. She paid the church to pray for him right up until her own death from a heart attack a few years ago. There are so many 'demands' similar to this one that the church puts on the lay persons wallets and time and energy to count.
One of my closest friends for more then 20 years is a gay man and have met a couple of his friends over the years gay and I have never seen any thing resembling the sneaky underhanded s*** that a priest does in the name of the church from any gay person man or woman. From what I have seen it isn't about attraction so much as it is about the 'power ' a priest holds over his parishioners. and as long as he is never caught red handed' he can and will be protected by the church.

wow that praying for the deceased after payment is extraordinary .. ok .. i've probably over assumed the term abuse ... if the priest isn't sexually aroused ... and is actually doing it for control and power then i suppose he wouldn't be fussy about gender .. i thought they were doing the full act ... which would require physical attraction to a gender ... you know i never suspected how complex this subject could be ...
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#15New Post! May 06, 2012 @ 03:10:22
@white_swan53 Said

This is just my own personal opinion of the deal. I have always thought that it wasn't that catholic priests are closet gays, but that with young boys there is no chance of pregnancy, the mind set of a priest being ' who would believe a boy when it came down to taking his story against a holy priest of tho church story'. With a girl and a pregnancy people would be more inclined to it listen, especially if the kid had strong family resemblance to its daddy.
IMO there is nothing more slimy and sneaky snake then a priest.

Thinking about the Penn State (Sandusky) scandal while reading your post...don't have to be a priest to be a pervert.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs