In your Mind, Cape Verde
#1New Post! Dec 06, 2011 @ 22:40:44
I like this one

Photos

jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 06, 2011 @ 22:48:15
They used pepper spray on the occupiers? Seems a bit harsh.

Some quality photos though.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#3New Post! Dec 06, 2011 @ 23:16:30
I remember the "Snowpocalyse".
I was buried in snow for days. It was nice to be off work though.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#4New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 00:50:01

My favorite. Notice that the soldier is a woman.
smilelove On September 01, 2013
Ninja Dreamer

Somewhere, Ohio
#5New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 02:26:04
I like #14, 18, 20, 32, 37
jthompson3125 On December 13, 2012

Westfield, Massachusetts
#6New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 03:08:51
Pretty moving... Number 12 and number 14 were really cool. 14 was a little more sad though
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#7New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 03:14:57
18 is wicked! Wow.
Thanks for sharing
Jaimie On September 18, 2016
Pushed by Boredom

St. Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 04:44:19
Wow, very moving. Thanks for sharing!
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 04:57:30
@jmo Said

They used pepper spray on the occupiers? Seems a bit harsh.

Some quality photos though.

Yeah, there was really no defending a lot of that.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#10New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 05:30:04
@Eaglebauer Said

Yeah, they should have been shot, which they would have been if they were able to turn this country into the fascist state they want.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 05:37:09
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Yeah, they should have been shot, which they would have been if they were able to turn this country into the fascist state they want.

Are you talking about the students who were sitting on the ground in one of the photos not posing any threat to anyone's property or well being, or are you referring to the eighty-something year old woman who was pepper sprayed in the face?

Regardless of whether you agree with their politics, it was excessive.

And by the way, do you find it at all ironic that someone railing against a "fascist state" is saying that people who choose to dissent ought to be shot? Just wondering.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#12New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 05:49:57
@Eaglebauer Said

@Eaglebauer Said

Are you talking about the students who were sitting on the ground in one of the photos not posing any threat to anyone's property or well being, or are you referring to the eighty-something year old woman who was pepper sprayed in the face?

Regardless of whether you agree with their politics, it was excessive.

They've turned public parks in to open sewers and crime ghettos, were asked politely but firmly to leave, but they didn't. What do you suggest, let 'em rot and let the rot spread?

Quote:
And by the way, do you find it at all ironic that someone railing against a "fascist state" is saying that people who choose to dissent ought to be shot? Just wondering.

Merely putting the cart before the horse for effect. If they have their way, they would get what they should realize they're asking for. It isn't my fault if they never tried to actually compose a coherent thought. They're 99% idiots and spoiled brat anarchists. On second thought, make that 100%--including that old woman who had plenty of chances I'm sure.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 06:03:51
@ThePainefulTruth Said

They've turned public parks in to open sewers and crime ghettos, were asked politely but firmly to leave, but they didn't. What do you suggest, let 'em rot and let the rot spread?

I actually don't agree with their methods any more than you do. I believe especially in cases when they were camping in areas that had ordinances against camping already in place they should have been fined or cited at the very least, or possibly arrested.

The issue is that there are protocols for the use of force in law enforcement. Citizens who are committing minor infractions that aren't an immediate threat to someone's well being or aren't threatening to law enforcement personnel themselves shouldn't be subject to physical force.

I'm not saying that the use of pepper spray or other nonlethal force hasn't been warranted at all in reference to the occupiers, just that there have been cases when it's been unwarranted. That's all. Believe me, I'm one of the strongest proponents of law enforcement, but I'm also realistic enough to admit that there are some people in the field who shouldn't be there and who abuse their authority.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#14New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 06:11:32
@Eaglebauer Said

I actually don't agree with their methods any more than you do. I believe especially in cases when they were camping in areas that had ordinances against camping already in place they should have been fined or cited at the very least, or possibly arrested.

The issue is that there are protocols for the use of force in law enforcement. Citizens who are committing minor infractions that aren't an immediate threat to someone's well being or aren't threatening to law enforcement personnel themselves shouldn't be subject to physical force.

I'm not saying that the use of pepper spray or other nonlethal force hasn't been warranted at all in reference to the occupiers, just that there have been cases when it's been unwarranted. That's all. Believe me, I'm one of the strongest proponents of law enforcement, but I'm also realistic enough to admit that there are some people in the field who shouldn't be there and who abuse their authority.

I don't know why they weren't just arrested but I can guess. Many of them probably were, but since it is as you say, considered a minor infraction, they were out on bail in a couple of hours and right back in the Occutard Camps.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#15New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 10:27:19
@ThePainefulTruth Said

My favorite. Notice that the soldier is a woman.

Blatant photoshop.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs