News & Current Events

20 Year Old Named Police Chief of Mexico Town

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#1New Post! Oct 20, 2010 @ 22:12:49
I found this article very very interesting.

"A 20-year-old criminology student has been named the chief of police in one of the most dangerous municipalities in Mexico's violence-wracked northern state of Chihuahua."

"The state of Chihuahua has borne the brunt of spiraling drug-related violence that has left around 28,000 dead throughout Mexico in the last four years. Guadalupe's former mayor was assassinated in June, and local police have been kidnapped and murdered. At least eight people were slain in the last week alone in Guadalupe."

"Valles said during her swearing in that her job will not be to fight drug trafficking because that responsibility falls on other organs of government, according to Notisistema. Instead, she will focus on preventative programs for schools and neighborhoods, rehabilitating public spaces and fostering better relationships between neighbors in order to improve general security, according to Notisistema. "

Three exerpts from the article that I liked.

Hmm...I like what she's doing, focusing on preventative measure, but at the same time...you have to fight SOME drug trafficking and its associated crimes. Part of what's she doing to work...is setting an example...and if she's going to school telling kids of the consequences of drug dealing, then the kids out and see someone selling drugs and not facing any consequences...the lesson is not being properly reinforced.

IDk...your thoughts? Here's the article. https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39760545/ns/world_news-americas?GT1=43001
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#2New Post! Oct 20, 2010 @ 22:15:47
Based on just your excerpts, I'd say she shouldn't be the chief of police. What she intends to do sounds more like the job of a mayor.

Something about it reeks of "Blazing Saddles"

On a side note....Chihuahua.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 20, 2010 @ 22:16:48
even the small part she is playing by educating the kids against drugs will probably get her killed...i fear for this brave young lady
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#4New Post! Oct 20, 2010 @ 22:26:45
@someone_else Said

Based on just your excerpts, I'd say she shouldn't be the chief of police. What she intends to do sounds more like the job of a mayor.

Something about it reeks of "Blazing Saddles"

On a side note....Chihuahua.

A) Well she's the ONLY one that accepted the position.

B) I actually commend her, I don't completely agree with her methods...but then again, you have to take into account what happened to the past police chiefs and cops. Naive, yes...but hey, sometimes they can be the greatest. Though, I doubt she'll even put a dent in the system.

Eh...I still hold to me theory, nothing about drug trafficking /sex slavery will be solved until the government as a unit, state and federal pushes hard. When everyone is so divided, it always causes for turmoil and unresolved issues.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs