Forums:
Politics

14 year old girl charged with murder

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mikes_baby_girl On December 17, 2007

welland, Canada
#1New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 12:36:33
A couple weeks ago around the corner from my house a fosterhome was crawling with emergency rescue workers in attempt to resucitate a 3 year old little boy who has apparently been smothered. They were unsuccessful and the girl who did it was the 14 yr old that had just moved into the foster home a week previous to this incident.....in your opinion do you think she should have been tried as an adult or given the minimum punishment due to the fact that she is a minor and will be for anoher 4 years and if you think this do you think she should be re-tried when she turns 18??
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#2New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 12:39:27
minimum security till she old enough to be tried as an adult in my opinion a mental health chrck too?
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#3New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 12:40:26
good question.. this is the old common sense over law thing again thou. the law will class her as a juvinille and jail her for about 4 years. in the eyes of the law she wont get trailed again for the same crime..
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#4New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 12:49:06
I love children more than anything but when they commit murder it's hard to see them as children anymore. If she knowingly smothered that baby then she is to not ever be trusted in society again.
She should be tried as an adult.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 12:50:44
I knew right and wrong at 14 and i know you cant judge people by your own standards but yep Reiko is right, she should be tried as an adult.
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#6New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 12:56:49
Without knowing all the facts leading up to the murder of the child it's impossible to judge the 14 year old that did commit the crime.

This girl may have mental issues, or abuse issues etc that we are not aware off.

I've know children as young as that who were simply EVIL. They went on to be evil adults and the sooner they were caught the sooner society was protected from them.

Those people who are in control of this situation need to make the judgement is she evil and needs kept away from society for ever or has she issues that she was not responsible for and if addressed will allow her to be a responsible member of society.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#7New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 13:04:01
actuallu ive heard of a case where the parents went to prison cause there 10 year old killed a dog... i know its not the same but maybe the carer should be questioned.. but like every one says need the facts.. she could be an mental case...
mikes_baby_girl On December 17, 2007

welland, Canada
#8New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 13:04:18
see honestly I dont know what I think. part of me wants to say she should be tried as an adult but the other part doesnt because shes still a baby, like shes 14 and so much to live for and yes like bendover said maybe there are some issues beyond her control. Whichever the case though I still dont agree, support or give any justification for what she did.
23886 On June 30, 2009

Banned

#9New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 13:05:47
murder is murder, it's ended someone's life, so why should there be an ag discrimination?
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#10New Post! Jan 17, 2006 @ 13:10:09
It's on the news here about a deputy headmaster from a school in England who has been found guilty of grooming a 14 year old girl from Derry(the town I work in).

He's been found guilty of indecent assault and grooming via the internet. He groomed her and then arranged to come over and abuse her. So there are a lot of bastards out there that are still abusing wanes, children under that sort of abuse can really have serious mental health issues.
cruel_princess On February 09, 2006

, Florida
#11New Post! Jan 18, 2006 @ 01:23:36
Tried as adult...
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#12New Post! Jan 18, 2006 @ 18:47:36
I would definitely say that a mental evaluation is needed. There is no reason for a fourteen-year-old to do that, and she needs help. Throwing her in prison wouldn't help her problem - she would need some sort of therapy and probably a lot more.

She should be in state custody . . . not sure if prison would be the best for her.

At fourteen, you may know the difference between right and wrong, but you may not know much else. Your brain still has a lot of growing to do at that age. Hell, I've heard that my brain still has some growth to do! And I'm nineteen! I don't feel like I need to grow anymore, but it is possible that I do need to. This girl could have taken the child's life without really knowing the consequences. This girl was in a foster home, which isn't a breeding ground for stable, healthy individuals. There is a chance that she is very unstable and needs help.

In other words, I don't think she should be condemned immediately. As bendover said, there is not enough information for us to appropriately judge this girl, this case. After all, would you have a mentally-retarded person be tried as an adult? Or would there be other ways to handle it? This could be such a case . . . it's just that instead of mental-retardation, she could have a harsh mental illness.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs