The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Woman Talk

14 embarrassing sex questions - answered!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...7 8 9 · >>
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#16New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 01:57:13
eb- thank you for the compliment, actually that is a great compliment to me. consider that i am not a dad or grandfather. i do believe that i am leader and teacher not a follower. i am definitely someone who follow a different drummer!
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#17New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 01:59:54
@alk1975 Said

I recognize your need for such defense mechanisms, but am sad that you would prefer others stop being satisfied with life and see it as a source of misery the way you do.

Not as a source of misery - Just keeping them from getting worked up in great expectations.

Ultimately I think most depression comes from people expecting far more from life that what life is, has been or is capable of being.

Disappointment results in discouragement.

I mean I was pretty defeated once I came to realization that, despite my will or effort, most of my path was preset and set in stone.

Might as well set up posts connected by velvet red ropes and a long fancy carpet leading from the hospital room I was born in all the way to my crypt.

That way I wouldn't have gotten any wild or crazy ideas, beat myself up for failing the impossible or got my hopes up.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#18New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 02:02:09
Those questions didn't embarrass me, but I think the info should be readily available to men and women. The men, in my experience don't have a problem visiting the women's forum and vice versa.There are some things answered that may concern someone. What's the big deal, it's a valid topic.

, New Zealand
#19New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 02:03:13
@twilitezone911 Said

eb- thank you for the compliment, actually that is a great compliment to me. consider that i am not a dad or grandfather. i do believe that i am leader and teacher not a follower. i am definitely someone who follow a different drummer!

Well I hope those drums are playing from some place where people need more KY Gel and condoms than anti-psychotics.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#20New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 02:08:42
@Electric_Banana Said

Not as a source of misery - Just keeping them from getting worked up in great expectations.

Ultimately I think most depression comes from people expecting far more from life that what life is, has been or is capable of being.

Disappointment results in discouragement.

I mean I was pretty defeated once I came to realization that, despite my will or effort, most of my path was preset and set in stone.

Might as well set up posts connected by velvet red ropes and a long fancy carpet leading from the hospital room I was born in all the way to my crypt.

That way I wouldn't have gotten any wild or crazy ideas, beat myself up for failing the impossible or got my hopes up.

depression is the inability to formulate hope for the future.

I don't happen to believe that everyone who has great expectations will be disappointed overall.

I do believe that disappointment is a part of life.

I don't believe that a person's path is set in stone.

I do believe that some people face harder paths and more obstacles than others.

ultimately I think depression results from people not believing they have the efficacy to meet their own needs, in their many forms.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 02:13:12
alka1975 - i have dyslexia with comphrension with reading. in 1970's, when i was school as a teenager, regular public school, i didn't have programs that delt with my problem, and the teachers had no idea how to helped me. i didn't go to college, and maybe that why my grammar doesn't look like english to you. i don't mind if someone said that i have a bad grammar, because i do! everybody on this forum is tpying english, who know who is writing in your native tongue on this forum, who really care?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#22New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 02:16:57
@white_swan53 Said

It sounds as if you be thinking men are hard to figure. When in reality they just be small boys grown tall .
simple as . You don't have to take my word for it, I heard it from a woman who had been married to the same man for 63 years , she raised 3 boys of her own and helped raise 7 grandsons in her 83 years on this earth.

Ah.

All us stupid men are simpletons because you heard it from a woman who based her opinon on eleven of them all from the same family.

M'kay.

Jackson, Missouri
#23New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 02:18:17
@twilitezone911 Said

alka1975 - i have dyslexia with comphrension with reading. in 1970's, when i was school as a teenager, regular public school, i didn't have programs that delt with my problem, and the teachers had no idea how to helped me. i didn't go to college, and maybe that why my grammar doesn't look like english to you. i don't mind if someone said that i have a bad grammar, because i do! everybody on this forum is tpying english, who know who is writing in your native tongue on this forum, who really care?

I was curious. I like people, diversity, culture, etc. Sorry for the offense. It was not meant. I did not intend to insult or degrade in any way.

I've read a lot of reading by people with difficulties in grammar and spelling, and yours seemed different in some way, like you were structuring sentences more similar to a different language than to English. That was all. Your writing is understandable and intelligent, but different slightly. I honestly thought you had a different native tongue, and I was honestly curious about it. Had I known that it was a learning disability I would have not said anything. Next time I ask something you may find embarrassing or offensive to answer, feel free to ignore it or pm me an explanation. It was not my intent to call you out on anything.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#24New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 02:20:14
@alk1975 Said

I don't happen to believe that everyone who has great expectations will be disappointed overall.

I do believe that disappointment is a part of life.

I don't believe that a person's path is set in stone.

I do believe that some people face harder paths and more obstacles than others.

ultimately I think depression results from people not believing they have the efficacy to meet their own needs, in their many forms.

There are many forms of depression which I believe you're making light of what may be a serious illness,Depression may be described as feeling sad, blue, unhappy, miserable, or down in the dumps. Most of us feel this way at one time or another for short periods.Clinical depression is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain.
Some people describe depression as “living in a black hole” or having a feeling of impending doom. However, some depressed people don't feel sad at all—they may feel lifeless, empty, and apathetic, or men in particular may even feel angry, aggressive, and restless. We all have periods of sadness which most can work through. True clinical depression is not as easy as you refer to it. You need more facts, you're referring to life's general disappointments, not true depression.

, New Zealand
#25New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 02:23:51
@alk1975 Said

My 'hope' or goal is just to tolerate life comfortably until I've left it behind.

I mean I'm not in a critical situation where I'm in a well with a broken leg and have to 'Hope' that somebody find me.

I'm comfortable currently. Bored and do believe that I should have died in my early twenties because everything that came afterwards was sort of useless and really didn't go anywhere.

But there's nothing that I would want more that life could offer no matter how much of my own will power, energy and effort I exert towards it.

I just feel like I'm a bit of a rut because this feeling of retirement would've been much more appreciated when I was only a decade away from passing instead of falling into the Oldie's home half way through life.

Jackson, Missouri
#26New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 02:25:06
@ReAdSaLoT Said

There are many forms of depression which I believe you're making light of what may be a serious illness,Depression may be described as feeling sad, blue, unhappy, miserable, or down in the dumps. Most of us feel this way at one time or another for short periods.Clinical depression is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain.
Some people describe depression as “living in a black hole” or having a feeling of impending doom. However, some depressed people don't feel sad at all—they may feel lifeless, empty, and apathetic, or men in particular may even feel angry, aggressive, and restless. We all have periods of sadness which most can work through. True clinical depression is not as easy as you refer to it. You need more facts, you're referring to life's general disappointments, not true depression.

ummm ok.

Yeah, I'm really not making light of it. I understand everything you are saying. I do have the background to understand this. This is my position on it.

I believe that thoughts affect biology and biology affects thought, but that belief in one's ability to change one's circumstances starts the spiral upward again.

Quote:
Depression is the inability to construct a future.
Rollo May

Read more: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/rollo_may.html#ixzz1oCmaqiQK

Someone as versed as you has surely heard of Rollo May?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#27New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 02:34:19
alka1975 - your apologizes are accept, especially when you said my writing understandable and intelligent, that means a lot to me. this forum helps express myself in my writing, it been a long time, since i written anything to someone to read. i always like to be a writer, over years, through letters to be people told me that i expressed myself better than talk. when i talked to people who have told me that they have no idea where i came from, and i tell them,i came from " the twilite zone ". they believed me! i figure if everyone is reading this now, won't waste my time in the future, ask me. that's if people can read!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#28New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 02:57:39
readsalot - thank you what you said. that has been my point, since i started this topic. now if someone would start the coversation of this topic. i would appreciate it!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#29New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 03:43:40
@Eaglebauer Said

Ah.

All us stupid men are simpletons because you heard it from a woman who based her opinon on eleven of them all from the same family.

M'kay.

Please sir if you will be so kind, show me where there is
anything , anything at all anywhere that has the word stupid or simpletons .
Thank you in advance.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#30New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 03:47:26
@white_swan53 Said

Please sir if you will be so kind, show me where there is
anything , anything at all anywhere that has the word stupid .
Thank you in advance.

Okay. You didn't use the word "stupid."

I have a couple more hairs you can split if you want.

You can go ahead and pretend you weren't trying to be insulting with what you wrote, but I'm not going to believe you.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs