News & Current Events

132 Mexican Inmates Bust Out of Prison at Texas Border

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 10:25:28
Quote:
Some 132 prisoners have escaped from a northern Mexico prison close to the US border, setting off a massive manhunt.

https://www.newser.com/story/154231/132-mexican-inmates-bust-out-of-prison-at-texas-border.html

Escaped Mexican Inmates Used Front Door

Quote:
One of the biggest jailbreaks in Mexican history happened earlier this week but it turns out the inmates didn't need to break anything, CNN reports. Authorities say that instead of going through a tunnel and a fence as earlier reported, most of the 131 escapees simply walked out the front door of the Piedras Negras prison, just across the border from Eagle Pass, Texas.

https://www.newser.com/story/154386/escaped-mexican-inmates-used-front-door.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=united

Any thoughts on the reason behind this 'jail break ' ?
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 10:45:11
Wasn't this a Speedy Gonzales cartoon?

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 11:16:00
@Electric_Banana Said

Wasn't this a Speedy Gonzales cartoon?

Do you think they got the idea from a cartoon ?
I have a scenario going thur my head about what is behind this , but it's very politically incorrect.

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 11:20:21
Enh...lemme guess...been too lazy this whole time to try the cell door...

..or

...they gassed their way out. XD

And Ima gonna stop, I have nothing against Mexicans. They're good humored and hard working people going by the ones I've met in the past.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 12:18:20
@Electric_Banana Said

Enh...lemme guess...been too lazy this whole time to try the cell door...

..or

...they gassed their way out. XD

And Ima gonna stop, I have nothing against Mexicans. They're good humored and hard working people going by the ones I've met in the past.

I described it as being about politics not race.

I was thinking they were a bit early , it's not anywhere close to November 6 ,,,,

maybe the Dem. need to be more forth coming with info when recruiting voters ....
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#6New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 13:12:41
@white_swan53 Said

I was thinking they were a bit early , it's not anywhere close to November 6 ,,,,

maybe the Dem. need to be more forth coming with info when recruiting voters ....

They would have done it across from a border other than Texas.. The democrats don't have a chance in Texas, they'd have to put all of Mexico City on the voter rolls in order to make a dent there.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 13:49:59
@boxerdc Said

They would have done it across from a border other than Texas.. The democrats don't have a chance in Texas, they'd have to put all of Mexico City on the voter rolls in order to make a dent there.

Well ,now that could very well explain the timing. It may take a few weeks of travel, to get to the recruiting Dems.

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 20:48:26
@white_swan53 Said

132 new voters for the Libs!

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 20:58:36
@Electric_Banana Said

132 new voters for the Libs!

Well no ,only 128 . They found two women convicts they thought had escaped hiding in the prison , but ,later found two they thought hadn't left , gone and have recaptured one of the escapees..Say that three time fast ....

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 21:11:06
What a terrible thing to do to another living creature - Imprisoning it further for having enough love and appreciation for life to want to struggle for a better life.

*ahem* 'Better Life' isn't the USA - Hopefully they will realize that soon.

n/a, New Mexico
#11New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 21:26:00
@Electric_Banana Said

*ahem* 'Better Life' isn't the USA - Hopefully they will realize that soon.

Ain't that the truth.
By all accounts in Mexico , the drugs are better quality, the tequila is much better quality , the merchandise sold in stores are lower priced then over here in the US. If they could figure out how to get all the drug lords and all the corrupted officials in one of those places they hold bull fights lock all the doors and let them fight it out , after the dust cleared and all the carcases were disposed of , there might be a reversal in the immigration flow . Americans wedding the Rio Grande , looking for work and better living conditions.

, New Zealand
#12New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 21:34:28
@white_swan53 Said

Ain't that the truth.
By all accounts in Mexico , the drugs are better quality, the tequila is much better quality , the merchandise sold in stores are lower priced then over here in the US. If they could figure out how to get all the drug lords and all the corrupted officials in one of those places they hold bull fights lock all the doors and let them fight it out , after the dust cleared and all the carcases were disposed of , there might be a reversal in the immigration flow . Americans wedding the Rio Grande , looking for work and better living conditions.

Well....

...it sounds like one place that might actually appreciate US soldier intervention.

Mostly desert territory - Just wait til the Mexicans finally find they're sitting on the world's lion share of oil and they tell the US to get bent.

n/a, New Mexico
#13New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 21:41:33
@Electric_Banana Said

Well....

...it sounds like one place that might actually appreciate US soldier intervention.

Mostly desert territory - Just wait til the Mexicans finally find they're sitting on the world's lion share of oil and they tell the US to get bent.

I'm not on the border , but I am to damn close for comfort if there was ever any US soldier intervention.

or something similar.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#14New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 21:41:58
@white_swan53 Said

Well ,now that could very well explain the timing. It may take a few weeks of travel, to get to the recruiting Dems.

I don't know where you are, but here you've already missed the deadline to register to vote in the November elections.

n/a, New Mexico
#15New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 11:14:32
@boxerdc Said

I don't know where you are, but here you've already missed the deadline to register to vote in the November elections.

It's pretty strange that t,hat many inmates walked out the front door of a prison and all but one made good on escaping .
May be forgetful guards or corrupt warden or just really really sneaky inmates, all 128 of them ?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs