The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

1 Killed, 4 injured in high school shooting.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#1New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 18:01:03
"One student has died following a shooting this morning at Chardon High School in Ohio. Four others were injured and the shooter is in custody.

"There is one deceased student," Chardon Police Chief Tim McKenna said at a news conference. "That's the sad news for all of us today."

Police will not yet identify the gunman, saying only that he has not yet been charged and that he is a juvenile.

The gunman opened fire with a handgun just before 8 a.m. in the school cafeteria where students were eating breakfast, authorities and witnesses said.

The shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher and later turned himself in to a passerby, authorities said. Police have not yet confirmed whether the gunman was a student at the school, but junior Heather Ziska told the Associated Press she just a few feet away when he opened fire and she recognized the shooter as a fellow student."

https://gma.yahoo.com/chardon-high-school-shooting-one-dead-four-injured-140607604--abc-news.html

Too sad.
Electric_Banana On about 8 hours ago

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 18:20:37
Common occurrence.

Although I don't condone what these kids are doing. Based on my life experiences I can understand why some of them respond that way.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#3New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 18:21:51
@Electric_Banana Said

Common occurrence.

Although I don't condone what these kids are doing. Based on my life experiences I can understand why some of them respond that way.

At least the gunman didn't kill himself after the shooting like Eric and Dylan did.
Electric_Banana On about 8 hours ago

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 18:32:39
@Grasshopper Said

At least the gunman didn't kill himself after the shooting like Eric and Dylan did.

Columbine was going through my mind last night.

It got me to thinking about reincarnation.

I wondered that if reincarnation were real and people had to keep coming back to this over and over again.

Perhaps there is a certain age that some 'remember' what is going on?

And how many times can a person put up with having to come back to Earth before they become so enraged that they start turning guns on it each time they find themselves back here again?

Just Huru-Guru theory and pondering.

Eric and Dylan might just have been naturally smart enough from the start to see what life was about but instead of deciding to try and help correct the situation.....
TaraLovesLiam On March 02, 2014

Portlaoise, Ireland
#5New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 21:14:06
I watched Bowling for columbine.Guns need to be band.I'm also talking about the police.We don't have same problem in Ireland because why? Hardly anyone has guns.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#6New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 21:35:00
There are many sad people in our county.We are lucky there was not more killed or wounded. THANK YOU to Chardon fire dept Munson fire dept Chardon police department Sheriffs Dept. and State highway patrol.
mixieloca On September 13, 2020

queens,
#7New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 22:04:50
I'm jus wondering, how that juvenile got to that point. Was there bullying involved,violence? What led to that kid snapping? I hope justice is served thru the legal system. Smh!
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#8New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 22:06:05
@taralovesliam Said

I watched Bowling for columbine.Guns need to be band.I'm also talking about the police.We don't have same problem in Ireland because why? Hardly anyone has guns.

A gun will never kill a person unless a human makes it do so.
AwesomePurpleNinja On October 19, 2012

Narnia, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 22:11:35
@galasTAray Said

A gun will never kill a person unless a human makes it do so.

but you take away that gun, and the kid will probably just hang himself and not take out a load of other kids with him.

letting people own guns is wrong.

, Ohio
#10New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 22:19:30
@mixieloca Said

I'm jus wondering, how that juvenile got to that point. Was there bullying involved,violence? What led to that kid snapping? I hope justice is served thru the legal system. Smh!

There are many rumors flying around about TJ let the police do their job then we will know.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#11New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 22:45:54
Funny how, when something like this happens, the first thing people do is blame guns. The news I heard said the kid snapped because he was bullied. Bully's made him do it. NOT guns. So, ban bullies.

, Ohio
#12New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 22:51:22
@hoppy Said

Funny how, when something like this happens, the first thing people do is blame guns. The news I heard said the kid snapped because he was bullied. Bully's made him do it. NOT guns. So, ban bullies.

Again just another rumor as to the why.

, Ohio
#13New Post! Feb 27, 2012 @ 23:34:01
here are some facts on TJ
he was attending school at a special school for "AT RISK KIDS" He also went to Auburn career center.
He went to Chardon to pick up the bus.
He lived most of the time with his Grandparents. This is on a 40 acre estate the house alone is prolly worth about 600 grand
Many have reported that the kid was quiet and kind to many.

He comes from a very broken family IMO.

Drugs ex girlfriend but no bullying has been reported.
fractal7221 On November 08, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
#14New Post! Feb 28, 2012 @ 00:24:46
@taralovesliam Said

One in three car crash related deaths in Ireland are caused by alcohol. Alcohol obviously needs to be banned in Ireland.

, Ohio
#15New Post! Feb 28, 2012 @ 04:04:03
On facebook 2 maybe 3 have now died not confirmed by the news
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs