Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#121New Post! Sep 15, 2006 @ 22:03:51
@jmo Said
therefor prooving you only believe in what you believe in. Just like someone who's christian believes in what they believe.

yes, that sounds fair enough, im the centre of my own universe Im happy to live alongside everyone elses universe
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#122New Post! Sep 15, 2006 @ 22:05:13
@treebee Said
yes, that sounds fair enough, im the centre of my own universe Im happy to live alongside everyone elses universe

Thats what i love about philosophy, everyone knows alot about it, without having to learn anything, it's just all about thinking really.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#123New Post! Sep 15, 2006 @ 22:05:24
@dujac Said
it's late there, no?

what is the name of the sinking soilder?

its just gone 11pm and its from the Mission Bell Winery, California, I do love my cali white
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#124New Post! Sep 15, 2006 @ 22:17:27
better than french?
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#125New Post! Sep 15, 2006 @ 22:18:58
@dujac Said
better than french?

yes, i prefer california or australian better than French
tordalord On May 11, 2010

TROMSDALEN, Norway
#126New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 14:30:54
@treebee Said
ok so i dont get it, of course it is proven, scientifically if you do a test, exactly the same, under exactly the same circumstances you will get the same result thus making proof.

I too belive in scentific ways of proving things, but I can't disagree when someone says to me "it's not sure the sun wil rise tomorrow".

Although we have observed the sun rising and setting for eons, it does not make it a fact that it will tomorrow. Simply because we don't know what will happen tomorrow.

But, are you to be that kind of a beliver, then nothing is for for certain. And we can't live out lives like that. So personally its proof enough for me that the sun has been here for eons. It wouldav been somewhat funny if evreybody where to say "See you tomorrow, if I don't die that is"
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#127New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 16:16:23
the sun, also rises

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. I
magination encircles the world.

--Albert Einstein
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#128New Post! Sep 18, 2006 @ 11:29:16
@tordalord Said
I too belive in scentific ways of proving things, but I can't disagree when someone says to me "it's not sure the sun wil rise tomorrow".

Although we have observed the sun rising and setting for eons, it does not make it a fact that it will tomorrow. Simply because we don't know what will happen tomorrow.

But, are you to be that kind of a beliver, then nothing is for for certain. And we can't live out lives like that. So personally its proof enough for me that the sun has been here for eons. It wouldav been somewhat funny if evreybody where to say "See you tomorrow, if I don't die that is"

Yes i know what you mean, there is the small possibiliity that the sun may explode or that the earth may just get sucked away somewhere

I do understand the concept that just because something is extremely likely to happen doesnt mean it is absolute proof it will happen every time.

My beleif is that the sun will rise and set, if i hear of the sun getting suddenly hotter, or a massive meteor shower headed for us i will ajust that beleif accordingly.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs