Pages: << · 1 2
baker63 On March 29, 2007

Deleted

, United States (general)
#16New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 21:08:57
@sarahmac Said
with being under weight than
over weight in the USA each year.

where did you get that information? There are a lot of overweight americans. Just lok around. Obesity should be a disease, it is not easy as yuou think to loose weight.
x_chanelle_x On December 09, 2009

Deleted

Untitled!, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 21:13:17
I say... get rid of your microwave =]
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#18New Post! Sep 17, 2006 @ 04:39:26
@baker63 Said
where did you get that information? There are a lot of overweight americans. Just lok around. Obesity should be a disease, it is not easy as yuou think to loose weight.

Isn't that the truth? It can be hard as hell to lose weight.

Why?

One cause could be genetics. There's been a correlation between parents being fat and children being fat, despite eating habits and/or exercise habits.

There have also been a lot of people who, try as they might, cannot get down to certain weights. I can jog a hundred miles every day and eat only the best things for my body, and I will never get near 175 pounds. My body just isn't built like that, for whatever reason.

However, as Sal mentioned, being overweight is not being OBESE, which is much worse.

Being obese means not being able to do a lot of things. Increasing heart rate (by exercising, for example) is potentially dangerous. It could cause a heart attack. That makes it even harder to lose the weight.

The way to avoid obesity is to avoid it - it's like cancer. Hard to cure (depending on the cancer, a person can be cured) and potentially deadly.

As for obesity being a disease, check this out: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&hs=re8&lr=lang_en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&defl=en&q=define:disease&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

A disease is "an impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning." Does obesity not fit that definition?
sal On November 29, 2007

Beirut, Lebanon
#19New Post! Sep 17, 2006 @ 16:00:55
tottally agree with u..
but also obesity is as i said be4.. NOT IN THE HANDS OF THE PERSON.. if it isss a desease.. what i mean is: they can just NOT EAT and exercise.. and watever AND GAIN WEIGHT..
cuz their body has certain complications.. that needs a doctor to fix it.. nomatter how many meds they take to lose weight and nomatter wat they did.. THEY WILL NEVERR unless they check with a doctor NOT NUTRITIONIST..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs